Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Memoirs Of A Pico

badfish816

• 4 weeks later...

just an update. my grapa passed away tuesday and we just had the funeral today.

thanks to those who showed concern. i do appreciate it.

on a brighter note i have a couple more frags in the tank but do to everything going on the tank is pretty dirty. i set up a ten gallon frag tank so i am going to transfer everything over to the frag tank and give this pico a makeover. i will do a rescape and put the corals in more permanent position instead of having a 3 gallon frag tank. lol. i will definately have pics once the tank is cleaned and scaped. sorry for the delay. i know nobody likes a thread without pics.

just an update. my grapa passed away tuesday and we just had the funeral today.

thanks to those who showed concern. i do appreciate it.

on a brighter note i have a couple more frags in the tank but do to everything going on the tank is pretty dirty. i set up a ten gallon frag tank so i am going to transfer everything over to the frag tank and give this pico a makeover. i will do a rescape and put the corals in more permanent position instead of having a 3 gallon frag tank. lol. i will definately have pics once the tank is cleaned and scaped. sorry for the delay. i know nobody likes a thread without pics.

Sorry to hear about your grandpa. RIP.

thanks guys. he was missing my grama. so he is happy now. she is nagging him like crazy again. lol

the tank has been neglected lately besides top offs. so i am excited to get on the makeover.

• 2 weeks later...

i was checking your tank post.. i really sorry to hear about your lost :(

any update... dont worry about quality pics, i am still using my old crap HP cam, the important thing is share your tank :happy:

here are some pics

post-46258-1260919071_thumb.jpg

FTS

post-46258-1260919281_thumb.jpg

candy canes with neon zoas beside them

started with 3 candy now have 5

post-46258-1260919247_thumb.jpg

acans

post-46258-1260919317_thumb.jpg

purple with green/yellow dot. i have 2 frags of these.

post-46258-1260919377_thumb.jpg

2 big heads of hammer

post-46258-1260919410_thumb.jpg

3 baby hammer on the stalk. hammer is the one of the fastest growing coral in my tank.

post-46258-1260919572_thumb.jpg

yellow and baby blue zoas. wife picked these out.

post-46258-1260919812_thumb.jpg

rics

post-46258-1260919851_thumb.jpg

and my other fast grower. similar to spartan prides but alot more pink and alot more green. i love these. started with eleven. now i have 15-16.

i also have another rock with four different zoas on it but alot of them melted away.

Edited by badfish816
  • 2 weeks later...

got stuck at my parent's house for 5 days without anybody to tend to the tank. tank was a quarter low due to evap. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. my zoas look sickly and my acans don't look good at all. i'm so pissed. i even got a nimble nano for christmas. i hope my tank pulls through.

I hope it pulls through for you fingerscrossed

So, you don't have an ATO or did it malfunction? I have a great, cheap, DIY for ATO, compliments of El Fab. If you want it, I'll pm it to you. Or..I think it's in my pico thread. This ATO is better than my expensive JBJ ATO on my big tank!

Let us know how it goes.

i have the ato top off controller but haven't picked up a pump for it and i dont like the huge sensor it comes with. i'm dirt poor right now. so i dont think i will be able to spend any money for awhile. manual top offs are all i can do right now.

• 2 weeks later...

some macro algea taking over my tank.

post-46258-1263017921_thumb.jpg

really tough, reminds me of a pine tree

post-46258-1263017939_thumb.jpg

constantly branches off of itself and grows really long. starts out green than turns brownish purple

post-46258-1263017952_thumb.jpg

grows really close to the rock and really purple

Edited by badfish816

Thanks adrian. Hey gena. Everything pulled through fortunately. My spartan prides haven't fully colored up yet but they are coming along. I'm still not seein significant growth from the acans. Still only three heads. The spartans however have grown from 12 heads to 20. I might frag here soon. I still haven't rescaped yet due to all this macro. I'm just debating what to do. There are 2 more kinds that I didn't get pics of. Baby steps though.

I finally got a timer for my lights instead of worrying about it manually. Next is the top off system. I think I am going with an auto lifter pump hooked to my jbj ato.

• 1 month later...
Mr. Microscope

Those blue zoas are awesome! I hope to see a FTS soon. I wonder how the macro is spreading? I have some that I got on some LR but it seems to be rooted into it and has never spread to any of the other rocks.

thanks micro. i am seriously debating starting over with different rock. alot of it is covered in red turf algea. luckily the corals are attached to anything major. it's like a small frag tank. lol. on a good note, i now have about 6 new baby heads on my hammer. and one new polyp on my acan. i need to change my bulbs though. oh.....decisions, decisions!