Coral Vue Hydros

Lou's 65G Hexcellent Hexagon

louphoenix

That is a sea hare, best algae control there is.

First time my wife saw the sea hare in the hex, she told me something took a massive poop on the sand lol.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First time my wife saw the sea hare in the hex, she told me something took a massive poop on the sand lol.

LOL, they do kinda look like high-fiber poop :haha:

Ok, so I got around to snapping some shots tonight.... the serpent stars and pods were hiding, but got some other ones to show...

Starting with the smallest thing I tried to capture... a baby astrea snail... a few millimiters long, at most.

BabyAstrea.jpg

Stomatella sucking on glass. Notice the baby snail on the bottom right corner.

StomatellaNbabyTurbo.jpg

Asterina time!! Is that a copepod to the left of it? aha!

AsterinaCloseup.jpg

AsterinaLongleg2.jpg

Asterinalongleg.jpg

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?....

YellowSponge.jpg

Good little chiton

Chiton.jpg

I just love this picture....big ol' cerith snail carrying a baby turbo in the bottom right, a chiton in the middle right and a feather duster on the top right!!

CerithBabyTurboChitonDuster.jpg

Last but not least... invert traffic jam!

InvertTraffic.jpg

Is it green? I looked them up on google images and most results show a green cap. Most...

I want to get a kaleidoscope of caps going. Red, green, etc hopefully as many strikingly different colors as possible. Need to start researching...

Is it green? I looked them up on google images and most results show a green cap. Most...

I want to get a kaleidoscope of caps going. Red, green, etc hopefully as many strikingly different colors as possible. Need to start researching...

When healthy and happy, it should be a nice bright green with a purple rim and blue polyps... very pretty!

sounds like an awesome monti! and i really love that red planet :)

what kind of lights do you have on the tank?

Thanks. The red planet is definitely one of my favorites, along with Pearlberry and Joe the Coral. I'm a big fan of ORA corals. I will be also be getting a bellina at some point.

My lighting system (along with all other details) is listed in my top post. It is an Current Outer Orbit 150W HQI unit with 2 65 watt PC bulbs. I use a Radium 20K MH bulb and Current 420/460nm dual actinic 65W PC bulbs.

Is that the same monti back then? Was it bleached out or that's just the flash?

What monti? if you're talking about the white looking thing on the top of the picture, that's just a piece of dead fiji plate rock I had just added then.

Ahhh, yeah thought it was a big bleached cap heheh.

LOL, i think it was once a monti cap, now it serves as a nice flat area for my SPS to grow on.

• 2 weeks later...

So, after looking around locally for a leng sy, I found someone with a colony of LE X-Factor Monti, a true beauty that will soon adorn my tank.

lol I like the new title :)

oh and pix when you get it :haha:

Thanks. I'll post a picture of the mother colony later tonight.

Is that the sapphire monti? Very cool!

Yep, that would be it.

woah very nice! do want one too now,

Lol, that's what I said when I first saw it.

This morning while the lights were out and it was still pretty dark in the room, a very special invert --whom I thought was long gone and digested by the tank-- was out in the open, alive and well. I'll post the crappy picture I managed to take tonight.... what was it? you'll see!

Archived