Innovative Marine Aquariums

Lou's 65G Hexcellent Hexagon

louphoenix

So I was scared of doing this for one simple reason - if I add 2-part into the ATO reservoir won't it fall out of solution? I mean the water is just sitting there with barely any movement (only when the pump kicks in to draw some out). Are you adding 2 part into your top-off or just buffer?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would think you would assuredly see precipitation within the ATO resevoir if you were trying to raise either Ca or ALK in the tank simply due to the concentration required but if the 2 part was mixed into the water thoroughly and to a reasonable level (10 dKH, 500 Ca or something) initially it shouldn't settle out. Could be wrong, never tried it.

edit: I guess I didn't really think about consumption rate of coral. I'd think you'd probably reach precipitation point if you were trying to account for that if you were keeping any decent number of SPS.

• 1 month later...
louphoenix
you should post some new pics :)

I should... I haven't really done anything to the tank though... just maintenance.

well, pics are nice anyway. Yours are always awesome looking! I try to do monthly pics of my tank even if nothing much changes lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your tank is looking really great! Hexagons are SO hard to scape and maintain. I tore my down and now I have a cube, which is easier to maintatin, but certainly doesn't have the visual impact of a well scaped hex.

Archived