Coral Vue Hydros

Lou's 65G Hexcellent Hexagon

louphoenix

What kind of goby is that guy?

That's my African PinkBar Goby. He's made an condominium out of the underside of my rock work. :happy:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This morning while the lights were out and it was still pretty dark in the room, a very special invert --whom I thought was long gone and digested by the tank-- was out in the open, alive and well. I'll post the crappy picture I managed to take tonight.... what was it? you'll see!

Since I only had my crappy phone camera, this is the best I could do... my ab!

P1170009-1.jpg

Wow, what an awesome fish! your tank is truly amazing.

Yeah very cool fish!

Thank you! The swissguard and the leopard are my favorite fish. My Allen's damselfish was my top one until it went carpet surfing many months ago. RIP Alleni :tears:

Another Stomatella spawing witnessed without my camera to capture it... bummer! that's the 3rd time now!

acropora1981

Holy crap dude how is your tank so immaculately clean!?!! There is like...zero problem algae! I know you have an MCE300 so that problably helps, but what else...RO vs RODI? Phosban? Whats the deal yo?

Holy crap dude how is your tank so immaculately clean!?!! There is like...zero problem algae! I know you have an MCE300 so that problably helps, but what else...RO vs RODI? Phosban? Whats the deal yo?

Thanks! I actually got a MCE600, so that's twice the horse power right there, and I run Purigen & Carbon & phosban plus an HOB fuge with chaeto. There is a bit of algae in certain low flow areas here and there but the multitude of snails, stars, chitons, stomatellas, abalone and sea hare keep it very much in check.

acropora1981
Thanks! I actually got a MCE600, so that's twice the horse power right there, and I run Purigen & Carbon & phosban plus an HOB fuge with chaeto. There is a bit of algae in certain low flow areas here and there but the multitude of snails, stars, chitons, stomatellas, abalone and sea hare keep it very much in check.

And the RO vs RODI? I think ima pickup some purigen bro...crystal clear! I can't wait to get my MCE300...stupid BakPak...

And the RO vs RODI? I think ima pickup some purigen bro...crystal clear! I can't wait to get my MCE300...stupid BakPak...

Always RODI, no question about it. Purigen is the bomb... and it's rechargeable!

acropora1981
Always RODI, no question about it. Purigen is the bomb... and it's rechargeable!

See I used purigen before they started selling it in a bag...not cool. aaaall over the tank...

See I used purigen before they started selling it in a bag...not cool. aaaall over the tank...

Yep, that's always been everyone's complain about Purigen. Thankfully the particles won't harm anything in the tank.

acropora1981
Yep, that's always been everyone's complain about Purigen. Thankfully the particles won't harm anything in the tank.

See the NEW size (100ml) comes in its own sealed, mesh bag. Any idea if it actually keeps the purigen inside those new bags?

See the NEW size (100ml) comes in its own sealed, mesh bag. Any idea if it actually keeps the purigen inside those new bags?

It does. A nice improvement!

So this tank is not drilled nor does it have a sump is that correct? The whole filtration system is a group of hang on the tank components? (well with live sand and rock of course)

So this tank is not drilled nor does it have a sump is that correct? The whole filtration system is a group of hang on the tank components? (well with live sand and rock of course)

Correct. No overflows, no drilling and no sump involved, all components are HOB.

Hey how long did it take your radium to burn in? Just fired mine up, it's more green than blue. Is the 100 hours pretty accurate?

Also had to toggle the ballast power twice before it lit, hoping it's not going to be an issue.

Hey how long did it take your radium to burn in? Just fired mine up, it's more green than blue. Is the 100 hours pretty accurate?

Also had to toggle the ballast power twice before it lit, hoping it's not going to be an issue.

Mine was blue from the get go, but it took about 2 to 3 weeks for the 'crisp' look to settle in. What type of ballast are you using?

This is the wrong ####ing bulb. I just looked at Radium's site and they sell both an Aqua and AquaStar. Aqua, which is what this box has printed on it, is 10,000k. AquaStar is the 20k.

I really hate it when these guys screw up because it's an irritating drive to go back there. Damn it.

This is the wrong ####ing bulb. I just looked at Radium's site and they sell both an Aqua and AquaStar. Aqua, which is what this box has printed on it, is 10,000k. AquaStar is the 20k.

I really hate it when these guys screw up because it's an irritating drive to go back there. Damn it.

Owww, that sucks. At least you can drive there.... beats waiting for an exchange via UPS/FedEx, etc.

I would also be concerned about your ballast if you had to toggle it to get it to work. Ballast/Bulb compatibility may be another issue here.

Got it all worked out.

Hey is this tank in a family area? Is the skimmer so quiet that you get no complaints if it is?

Got it all worked out.

Hey is this tank in a family area? Is the skimmer so quiet that you get no complaints if it is?

I'm glad you got the bulb worked out.

The tank is by the living room and it is very quiet. Since the Aquabee pump is inside the skimmer casing, it is very quiet. The only sound is the slight hiss of the air tube, and it's hardly noticeable.

Archived