Coral Vue Hydros

Coral Books?

Chromis

why get books? all the information you are looking for are online. just search for it. plus sites like this one offer information database that you can use.

Reading is fundemental.. the internet is not the same as reading a book. Bornemans book is good, Look for the Pratical guide to corals by him also... its a picturebook, but is basicaly good. Also Sprungs most recent book is a good read.

i have that book also very good book and yes the internet is a good source but it would take forever to look on the internet to get the amount of info that is in the book. it can never hurt to read either

Thanks guys.

I do check out the internet, unfortunately the internet is not very organized (a little info here, a little info there). Another thing about the internet is that it seems 20 different people will give you 20 different answers, and the scary part is that people with no experience are willing to hand out advice.

BustytheSnowMaam

I just bought Book of Coral Propagation, Vol. 1 by Anthony Calfo. It is an awesome source of information. Very readable for beginners as well as advanced reefers. Don't expect many pretty pictures though- this book only has a handful of thumbnail-size pics, but it more than makes up for it with information. It tells you what each type of coral needs, how it reproduces, how to propogate it, how to ship coral frags, salinity, lighting, etc. As I said it is great for beginners like me or more advanced hobbyists. I think it is like $35.95 (includes s/h) from www.readingtrees.com (I got mine thru Amazon.com but it was more expensive).

Tasha

Archived