Cultivated Reef

PArIsHIlToN 5G PIcO tANk MiXEd REeF

parishilton

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First post :) But I couldn't help myself, had to say congrats on such a beautiful tank, being a total n00b I had no idea that a pico tank could be so beautiful. It just goes to show you that you don't have to have a huge tank, etc. to have a nice one.

150w metal halide???? on that thing? how? i cant even put a 150w on my 12g nano cube it melts/kills everything

Its called a chiller ;). It keeps the tanks' temperature stable

• 3 weeks later...
Looks very nice. Your cute little pico is running out of room though!

Yes I think so but I still keep adding new coral. hehe picture will come later.

First post :) But I couldn't help myself, had to say congrats on such a beautiful tank, being a total n00b I had no idea that a pico tank could be so beautiful. It just goes to show you that you don't have to have a huge tank, etc. to have a nice one.

Thank you.

150w metal halide???? on that thing? how? i cant even put a 150w on my 12g nano cube it melts/kills everything

I use chiller to keep the temp stable

Beautiful pico, I really like your zoa selections. They are all very colorful! Is that a type of blue sponge?

Thank you. Yes it is blue sponge.

minimonsterLED

I look to this post daily for inspiration, it's beautiful. I am delusional to think i can make something half as healthy and colorful...but i will try. GREAT JOB!

This is not the most updated FTS but it is the latest one I have to show you guys how the tank is doing.

I will try to take the current FTS as soon as I got my camera.

FTS11-09-09.jpg

From this pic, I also added a couple more corals.

I look to this post daily for inspiration, it's beautiful. I am delusional to think i can make something half as healthy and colorful...but i will try. GREAT JOB!

Thank you.

So lush and vibrant, I love it! :)

Thank you. I also really love your tank. It is so amazing to put all those things in the tank that small.

My favorite nano scapes are the brightest and most colorful ones. I never even cared much for the type of live rock placement that is so meticulous to some so long as the coral colors are just explosive and that is what you have! really well done so clean and bright.

B

Very very very nice selection of new stuff you got there. My favorite is the pink Yuma, look sweet with alot of colors to your tank.

Very very very nice selection of new stuff you got there. My favorite is the pink Yuma, look sweet with alot of colors to your tank.

Thank you. It is also my favorite.

Gorgeous, i almost wish i could shrink down and live there :)

Thank you. It would be nice. Tell me when are you going to move in.

Thank you. It would be nice. Tell me when are you going to move in.

Soon as these dang gills grow in! taking forever. Beautiful pictures too btw :)

Archived