Pod Your Reef

PArIsHIlToN 5G PIcO tANk MiXEd REeF

parishilton

The tank is gone with flood in Thailand. The water is 2 feet high this morning. Although the tank is on the second floor, the electricity is needed to be cut out for safety purpose and never know when it will be on. I could not do anything about it because I am away from the tank and there is no way to get in the house right now.

Sorry you guys that this tank needs to be shut down. I promise that the new project will come for sure.

Thank you for everyone who come in this thread. I hope my tank info in this thread can help you guys more or less.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The tank is gone with flood in Thailand. The water is 2 feet high this morning. Although the tank is on the second floor, the electricity is needed to be cut out for safety purpose and never know when it will be on. I could not do anything about it because I am away from the tank and there is no way to get in the house right now.

Sorry you guys that this tank needs to be shut down. I promise that the new project will come for sure.

Thank you for everyone who come in this thread. I hope my tank info in this thread can help you guys more or less.

I'm really sorry about your situation. Hope everything works out. At least you can always hang on to the knowledge you gained through this project, an hopefully carry it over to make the next one even greater!

I'm so sorry to hear about the tank. Your work has been an inspiration to me.

Best of luck to you and your loved ones in getting safely through this disaster.

Hopefully not all will be lost with this flood. Is you family safe? The house...do you think it will be ok after this? Also if the second floor is not impacted by the flooding, and the situation improves within a week or two, it's likely that something in your tank will still be alive.

Looking forward to hearing from you again; this tank has been a big inspiration for many and really has educated people and proven how a simple setup can work out; also looking forward to seeing your next project in the future :grouphug:

I am so sorry, best of luck and I can't wait to see your next step. Your tank was what made me realize I could have a reef, and an awesome one, it really is amazing.

Builder Anthony

Dam thats messed up but it is still possible to run electric to it by hooking up a marine battery to a inverter and then just plugging you equipment in.So 80 bucks for a battery 50-80 bucks for a inverter and your set.You would have to have some way of rechargeing the battery though depening how many watts you were running.

Thank you everyone. Everyone is safe, no worry. The water level now is even above a car. I have never seen something like this in Thailand. There was a couple of big floods in Thailand many many years ago but nothing compare to this one. They predict that the water could stay like this for a month. This tank is actually at my girlfriend's house. It is a little outside of Bangkok. My house is also at risk because it is near a big river.

I am worry about the light that much but it is the temp that I am worry about the most. Due to the weather in Thailand, it could get above 87-88F very easily even without the light on.

Once again, Thank you a lot everyone. I really appreciate it.

Glad to hear that everyone is okay, your tank was one of the best I've ever seen - I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the next one

id sticky this thread. its the best example of a non dosed 5 gallon Ive ever seen, breaks many 1990's rules about reefkeeping. smashes them in fact.

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck Paris, fingers crossed for you that the flood waters will soon recede and that one day you'll have another even more amazing tank. Its been a great inspiration to myself and so many others. I'm glad you and your family are all safe. I'm hoping that my favorite attractions in Bangkok, like the reclining Buddha and Jim Thomson's house, along with Thailands other wonderful cultural sites, remain intact.

• 4 weeks later...

Dismayed to learn that this tank was impacted by the flooding, but very happy that you& your family are safe.

I look forward to the next build.

Thank you everyone. Have been very busy lately.

To answer zacheyp question, if you ask me, I would not recommend unless you can find a very tiny one.

I just had a chance to go in the house to do the cleaning after the flood. So I took some pics of the tank.

Here is when I first saw the tank after a month.

nyMLe.JPG

This guy walked out the tank and died. How sad.

aScyL.JPG

Here is after I took out the water before cleaning.

7R5Ii.JPG

Very sad indeed. I bet the smell was awful.

Actually It was not that bad at first. I did not smell anything until I started to suck the water out. :lol:

man that really sucks your tank was an inspiration to allot of people it is sad to see it like that.

Thank you.

Wow, what a shame! Cant wait to see what you have planned next.

I know. The new tank could be awhile. The house is the priority now.

• 4 months later...

Archived