DBTReefer

Poll for Stocking  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which option would you pick

• Option 1
    • Option 2
    • Option 3

animalmaster6
the only problem with anthias is that they need to be fed many times in small quantities. I won't have time to do that. Also, many people that I have asked want clownfish and don't really know that there are many other cool looking fish to get.

Everybody always think clownfish are the only cool-looking fish. They're not at all. People just think that because of Finding Nemo...

finding-nemo-DVDcover.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6
they wanted tangs too but that's where I drew the limit

Ya tangs are probably too big. You could maybe have a Yellow Tang in there for a few months. Probably not though.

I can just imagine a bunch of high school guys (all boys school) coming up to me and asking "where did dory go?" after I give it away or sell it back to the lfs. I just want long term fish, because I don't believe in 'growing fish out' unless it is for another personal aquarium.

animalmaster6
I can just imagine a bunch of high school guys (all boys school) coming up to me and asking "where did dory go?" after I give it away or sell it back to the lfs. I just want long term fish, because I don't believe in 'growing fish out' unless it is for another personal aquarium.

Ya I don't like having a fish that I love and then giving it awya. To sad...

I'm going to the lfs to buy clownfish! Maybe I'll get a piece of coral too. I'm gonna quarantine them at my house and bring the clowns to school on Monday and the corals after I get the lights.

animalmaster6
I'm going to the lfs to buy clownfish! Maybe I'll get a piece of coral too. I'm gonna quarantine them at my house and bring the clowns to school on Monday and the corals after I get the lights.

So which option did they pick?

They didn't pick yet. I'm gonna contact the school next week (when we go back from break) and then they'll pick. My parents are donating the clowns and they are in all of the options so I figures I'd buy them now.

animalmaster6
They didn't pick yet. I'm gonna contact the school next week (when we go back from break) and then they'll pick. My parents are donating the clowns and they are in all of the options so I figures I'd buy them now.

That's a pretty good idea on the clowns! If I had to pick livestock at a tank in my school I would get tons of crap if I didn't include a clownfish and a tang. lol

So I got two clowns and a colt coral. Taking the clowns to school on Monday and the colt probably on Wednesday.

Animal: I probably will get crap about not having a dory. Oh well.

animalmaster6
Do I got two clowns and a colt coral. Taking the clowns to school on Monday and the colt probably on Wednesday.

Animal: I probably will get crap about not having a dory. Oh well.

lol Thanks Finding nemo.

More clownfish pictures. I added another light (was using a coralife 50/50 screw in. Now using that and a coralife plant screw in) because I didn't like the shadows.

_MG_1823.jpg

_MG_1822.jpg

_MG_1820.jpg

_MG_1815.jpg

_MG_1813.jpg

Happy new year everyone!

animalmaster6
More clownfish pictures. I added another light (was using a coralife 50/50 screw in. Now using that and a coralife plant screw in) because I didn't like the shadows.

_MG_1823.jpg

_MG_1822.jpg

_MG_1820.jpg

_MG_1815.jpg

_MG_1813.jpg

Happy new year everyone!

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your QT looks great compared to a lot others!

just a small update:

got the lights in and my friend's contractor dad is gonna help us install on Saturday. Also, Im gonna get my CUC from John at Reefcleaners tomorrow (provided they don't cancel school, and for the first time I hope they don't cancel school). The clowns are happy in the new tank, but I had to adjust the koralias because the flow was knocking them into the glass. I'll try to take pictures on saturday when we have the new lights.

Yeah they're pretty small, but eating like pigs.

I'd have to say, the hardest part of setting up a reef for a school is explaining why you can't put in all the fish at once. Especially since everyone at my school is pretty smart and they think they know everything. I'm hoping my interview for the school paper will clear things up :lol:

animalmaster6
Yeah they're pretty small, but eating like pigs.

I'd have to say, the hardest part of setting up a reef for a school is explaining why you can't put in all the fish at once. Especially since everyone at my school is pretty smart and they think they know everything. I'm hoping my interview for the school paper will clear things up :lol:

:lol:

Archived