ReefCleaners.org

D3monic's Reef

D3monic

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We decided to name him Grover because he acts like a dog=rover and my wife thinks he looks like a muppet. So Grover it is. Hes actually out exploring the tank right now. I dont want to take any pics of him for fear I will scare him back into seclusion. Here is one as he is starting to get brave.

IMG_0257.jpg

After about a week the new Male Mandarin is eating bloodworms. About two days ago the scooter blenny discovered the food dish. Mandarin has yet to of discovered it.

• 2 weeks later...
After about a week the new Male Mandarin is eating bloodworms. About two days ago the scooter blenny discovered the food dish. Mandarin has yet to of discovered it.

Great thread! Thanks for all of your work w/ the mandarins.

What's your method for getting the Mandarins to eat bloodworms and Mysis?

Great thread! Thanks for all of your work w/ the mandarins.

What's your method for getting the Mandarins to eat bloodworms and Mysis?

No not yet... =( Im on the look out though. I have a cute female scooter who desperatly wants me to find her a mate though. Every night she goes nuts looking for a mate zipping back and forth in the water column.

Got a Scooter spawn tonight! 11-17-09 surprisingly at the same time my Mandarins would spawn 9:30ish pm.

Unlike the Mandarins eggs these are positively buoyant and stayed in their strands thankfully. Made for a easy collection.

11-17-09.jpg

Oops broke the link...

Here's the deleted pic and a new one.

11-17-09.jpg

Img00000-1.jpg

Oddly the Ocellatus eggs possess a oil globule. Spledidus eggs did not possess a oil globule.

So did you lose your Mandarins? If not are they still spawning? Were you able to grow any out?

I lost all my fish in the great holocaust several months ago. ALL my fish.

Hey Demonic how u feeling? Everything good now? Eye sight?

Eyes sight is back to normal. Still run the risk of developing MS. I refused to take the interferon medications. Mainly because of cost. 30k a year without insurance. I have insurance but still out of my price range.

When collecting a Mandarin spawn I left the pumps off to feed the coral....I woke up the next morning realizing I left the pumps off. All the fish exept a bangaii where dead. I took this video of them spawning that night not realizing it was the last time I would see them alive.

Archived