Pod Your Reef

D3monic's Reef

D3monic

Thanks. My eyes dont hurt so bad right now but they are still jacked up. It like I stared at teh sun for 5hours straight and the effects never wore off. Its hard to even see this screen. I had a buddy of mine make the sig for me but the link to the thread doesnt work. Hopefully he gets it straightened out. I like the way it looks.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not so good. Vision is still really bad...its like being in a whiteout on a really sunny day. My Male scooter died....the seahare burried itself in the sand right on top of him. I found him over a inch deap in his usual spot later the next day when i noticed him missing. Spinal tap in the morning. They got no idea whats wrong with me.

SpankythePyro

hey hope you feel better! I wouldn't be able to handle a spinal tap, don't like needles in the first place, and in my back..no no.

Hopefully it isn't any kind of meningitis

Finally got a diagnosis. They diagnosed me with the same thing google told me it was a week earler. Bilateral optic neuritis. Yay....Steroid injections every day for the rest of the week. Vicodin like it was going out of style and hopefully this isnt a sign of the onset of MS.

I would want to see them first...I have not seen a spotted/psychedelic with blue in it. The ones I have seen have several shades of green and orange. How much extra is he wanting to charge? I would assume that they could come in color variations after all synchiropus splendidus comes in several different colors so I dont see why synchiropus picturatus would be any different. A quick google images search did produce very few pics of spotted mandarins with a hint of blue in the lower portions of the body. I saw one with blue cheeks and another who's belly had some blue in it. They could even possibly be hybrid somewhere in thier lineage.

Actualy its just like the one you have in your pictures in your post the store owner said he can get them to grab the most colourful for an extra $10 each

just wondering if the one in your avatar is photoshopped or has a dark blue pattern instead of the bright fluorescent blue?

I have a female that has dark blue shades under 8-t5's h.o on the blue side and was thinking of trading her in and paying a few extra buck's for a pair since I'll be getting a seond one soon

the lfs doesn't get many in to pick from but says he can make a call and a request from his whole saler that has large selection I just can't remember if he said he can get one with more blue or brighter blue

thanks

no I dont alter my pics. At most maybe I darkened it alittle. but those are his true colors. He has darkened up alittle as he gets fatter. He is more of a dark blue with green paterns.

I still regret no purchasing the most beautifull female I ever seen. She had a all yellow face with a blue diamond on her nose and yellow fins. I really wish I would of bought her but I didnt want to seperate my spawning pair.

SpankythePyro

Oh no its bilateral!!!!

Atleast you dont have multi directional instability...I worked with a kid this summer who had it....not a fun thing.

Oh and you should lift some weights ;)

IMG_3238-1.jpg

You can see in picture one the general set up. I have a small pump in the rear chambers tightly crammed underneath the media basket. The line on the right runs up to a manual ball valve, checkvalve then up to the fuge.

The inlet of the fuge is on the right. There is a 6" threaded nipple with a endcap threaded into the bulkhead. There are holes drilled into the bottom of the nipple directing the flow downward and through the baffles. it is obvious where the main fuge area. Then in the upper left is the return baffle with a small overflow box built around it. Water is gravity fed back down to the main tank via one of the rear chaimbers.

IMG_1783.jpg

Hope this makes sense.

Lol @ some interesting fish behaivor. As I have noticed the past day or so my Green Mandarins have been ramping up for a spawn. This evening while my wife and I where watching a movie I looked over to my fry / quarantine tank and seen my exiled Spotted Mandarin and Female ocellaris "pairing" up. It was pretty comical to watch. The Male spotted keeps trying to cohearse the clown into rising with him. Both fish are in exile for being way too aggressive toward my other fish. Even my wife thought it was pretty funny.

Like clock work I collected another spawn at 9:40pm 8/28/09 This was a pretty nice one. Not as big as I was hopping but decent none the less. Im irritated because I was planning on trying to film it and they ended up doing it behind the rockwork. I didnt even knw until I saw my bangaii going nuts eating the eggs.

I tried to get a pic of all the eggs with my wifes point and shoot but it couldnt pick them up. I need to get my canon fixed.

Archived