Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

D3monic's Reef

D3monic

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been aware of sylvios work but that is the first time I have seen that page. Thank you for the link. I will add it to my Mandarin folder.

whats ur stock list? seems like its 2 mandarins, 2 RSB, 1 clown, 1 cardinal?

how often do you feed? I recently got a mandarin and weaned it onto bloodworms, but it still doesnt pay any attention to mysis. he's still a bit skinny, but is eating! any recommendations?

I just got home from work and the female scooter was dead...=( I called the lfs asking what thier fish policy was. He stated they didnt have one but to remind him next time im in there and he would take care of me...im sad. Dont know what it could of been. Maybe aptasia stung her or she was jacked when I got her but she was eating.

To answer your question my current stock list is 2 Mandarins, now 1 scooter, 1 bangaii cardinal and 1 clown in this tank and another in my fry tank that hopefully are going away today. I am feeding 2 times a day right now. I enrich everthing with a combo of selcon and aminoomega. I just picked up some cyclopeeze today so I will be adding it to the mix Mix consists of bloodworms Hikari mysis (altho they dont like the mysis as much as the worms) I sometimes feed rods but its too messy. I plan on adding a blue spot if I ever have enough money.

sorry to hear about the scooter. maybe it was internal parasites?

i currently have a bluespot in my 34g, and i love him! definitely very entertaining. i currently use vitachem on the bloodworms, hopefully he will gain some weight. how do u feel about ur bioload? i feel like i may be pushing mine a bit: 1 picasso, 1 onyx, 1 cherub angel, 1 bluespot, 1 leopard wrasse, and now the mandarin in a breeder net.

my bioload is half what it used to be. I used to have 3mandarins, a ywg, 2 ocellaris, the bangaii a pom pom crab, cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp, seahare and what ever else I may be missing. ..you want to talk about bioload....I just put a little chunk of cyclopeeze in the tank for the first time....talk about a mess! the whole tank is clowdy with that stuff....oops.

I forgot on my stock list I still have the pom pom, seahare and cleaner shri p. I ditched the peppermint when he started going after my feather dusters instead of aptasia.

YAY A TANK THREAD!!!!!

i love your tank you made me a dragonet addict and im happy!!

also very nice RSBs!!

o i just read about the female, sorry :(

im sad because im getting some of that black bacteria ring on a few of my fav zoas...it started with the 5 color rainbows I got. Now it has spread to a few others. I need to find time to do a good peroxide dip. I cant possibly turn the mp10 up any higher without causing my fish to hide behind the rock work. I got a small wave crashing accross the surface.

Ummm ...####...I woke up thinking I was going to have a good birthday. Last night before bed I had noticed a hermit crab spawn so I turned off teh pumps and collected a bunch to put in the fry tank. well I ended up going to bed and forgot the pumps off. I come down this morning to my cleaner shrimp laying on his side the RSB and both of my Mandarins breathing really heavy.....Im worried they are going to die. ...Its not the first time I have forgotten pumps off before. I dont see why this time was so horrible. I tossed in a bag of carbon just in case. My cleaner shrimp is now up off his side but not really moving. The Mandarins are not breathing AS heavy. The scooter still is though. :slap: I screwed up and I hope it doesnt cost me my favorite fish.

Yay so far no deaths. The cleaner shrimp recovered and is back in his usual spot. Mandarins look ok and are swimming around. RSB is still breathing hard but not so heavy. Hopefully everyone pulls through...I went in the garage and it looks like my rotifer culture crashed again.

Ummm ...####...I woke up thinking I was going to have a good birthday. Last night before bed I had noticed a hermit crab spawn so I turned off teh pumps and collected a bunch to put in the fry tank. well I ended up going to bed and forgot the pumps off. I come down this morning to my cleaner shrimp laying on his side the RSB and both of my Mandarins breathing really heavy.....Im worried they are going to die. ...Its not the first time I have forgotten pumps off before. I dont see why this time was so horrible. I tossed in a bag of carbon just in case. My cleaner shrimp is now up off his side but not really moving. The Mandarins are not breathing AS heavy. The scooter still is though. :slap: I screwed up and I hope it doesnt cost me my favorite fish.

Must be something in the air! I did the same thing last week, forgot to turn the pumps back on. I wasn't as fortunate as you were. Woke up the next morning and I lost my bluespot jawfish and a yellow assessor. My picassos did make it though!

Must be something in the air! I did the same thing last week, forgot to turn the pumps back on. I wasn't as fortunate as you were. Woke up the next morning and I lost my bluespot jawfish and a yellow assessor. My picassos did make it though!

Ouch thats some expensive loses. The only thing I loss was a hitchhiker coral growing on a hitchhiker bivale that bleached. Sorry for your losses.

Just left the eye doctor because of extreme pain in my eyes especially when i move them. He thinks it some kind of viral menengitus or something....He kept asking if I had been exposed to ticks or mosquito bites because of lime disease. I didnt mention that the week or two before that rotifer culture water splashed me in the eye...Looks like im taking a few days off work. The only thing he told me to take was advil and to ride it out.

going back to the doctor. My vision is extremly blurry and im really photosensative. I can barely read what im writing. Im kind of scared.

hey demonic, ive been able to get my mandarin to eat bloodworms soaked in Vitachem however he hasnt put on any weight. im not sure whats the case. ive been feeding him almost everyday... if anything, he's gotten skinnier.

i thought it may be parasites, so i dosed the tank with prazi pro...

any thoughts? maybe i need to get him on mysis?

going back to the doctor. My vision is extremly blurry and im really photosensative. I can barely read what im writing. Im kind of scared.

hey demonic, ive been able to get my mandarin to eat bloodworms soaked in Vitachem however he hasnt put on any weight. im not sure whats the case. ive been feeding him almost everyday... if anything, he's gotten skinnier.

i thought it may be parasites, so i dosed the tank with prazi pro...

any thoughts? maybe i need to get him on mysis?

:slap: At least see how he's doing first...

Hope all is ok D3monic!!! :huh:

Thanks, It 4am. I just got home. Doctor finally sent me to the emergency room to get a cat scan, spinal tap and a few other tests, 5 hours later they only did a cat scan. I have a sinus infection and both ears infected from when I was sick last week. Nothing explaining the eye pain or vision loss. Eye doctor said that the optic nerve in my right eye was pretty swollen. Once the doctors in he ER saw the infections they didnt even bother with my primary concern...the fact that I cant see for ####.

Try feeding your Mandarin a combo of mysis and bloodworms. If you can find any locally switch to Selcon. I never heard of the product your using. It could be a parasite or the product your using is not nutritious enough. How much do you feed? between 2 Mandarins I feed a entire cube of mysis and a good size chunk of bloodworms once to twice a day. Hope he fattens up for you.

Just curious are all psychedelic mandarins created equal my LFS says he can get me a pair hand picked from his supplier for a bit extra of a price is it worth paying extra he says they have extra bright blue on them ?

I would want to see them first...I have not seen a spotted/psychedelic with blue in it. The ones I have seen have several shades of green and orange. How much extra is he wanting to charge? I would assume that they could come in color variations after all synchiropus splendidus comes in several different colors so I dont see why synchiropus picturatus would be any different. A quick google images search did produce very few pics of spotted mandarins with a hint of blue in the lower portions of the body. I saw one with blue cheeks and another who's belly had some blue in it. They could even possibly be hybrid somewhere in thier lineage.

Archived