Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jacob's Temperate Tank. *ReefBuilders Mention!*

Jacobnano

andi.rahl

Ah you definitely should! We need more temperate tank people! If you have any questions of anything definitely let me know :)

oh, I will, but this isn't the type of tank I will be starting anytime soon. x_x I need to be in a place where I won't be moving in like a year. I'd hate to have to try to move this type of tank. lol I will keep you in mind for questions and so on, though.

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tank is still going! I am at college right now and the tank is back home in Washington. There will updates when I return home however!

• 1 month later...

Late to the party, but I just wanted to say awesome tank. Your photography skills have seriously improved over this thread, and that "reflection" picture with the anemone is beautiful! Great job and we can all tell you've put a lot of love into it.

Now time to move to Washington...:P

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! I have definitely seen my skills improve in many fields over the course of this thread, pretty fascinating actually. I will be back home to WA in May!

AquaticEngineer

Jacob, if you are able to make it there is an open invite collection trip the weekend of May 17th & 18th down here in Oceanside Oregon. We are hosting it and the biology dept from University of Portland is coming as well as several other temperate aquarium keepers.

Should be great weather, a big minus tide both mornings and lots of fish geeking :D

Hit me up for more details if you think you can make it. There's a couple people from WA coming down already.

• 2 weeks later...

Jacob, if you are able to make it there is an open invite collection trip the weekend of May 17th & 18th down here in Oceanside Oregon. We are hosting it and the biology dept from University of Portland is coming as well as several other temperate aquarium keepers.

Should be great weather, a big minus tide both mornings and lots of fish geeking :D

Hit me up for more details if you think you can make it. There's a couple people from WA coming down already.

Oh that sounds really cool! I get back 5 days after that unfortunately : ( Perhaps if there is another one later in the summer??

Inspiring, can't way for updates :D

Same! :lol:

AquaticEngineer

Oh that sounds really cool! I get back 5 days after that unfortunately : ( Perhaps if there is another one later in the summer??

For sure :) Anytime there is a big minus tide and nice weather :D

• 4 weeks later...

I hope when you get home that everything is well. I can't wait for updates - since this is one of the few longer threads that I've actually read every post of. :P Plus it's different! I might move to Bellingham one day. i have a friend out there and she thinks I'd love it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys! Sorry not much to update right now. I am not at home this summer (I am working at a marine lab in Washington! Friday Harbor Labs if anyone is interested) so I haven't been able to do much. I will hopefully have some updated photos in a month or so when I am back home for a week.

Thank you all for the interest, it is much appreciated :)

• 1 year later...

Archived