Top Shelf Aquatics

Jacob's Temperate Tank. *ReefBuilders Mention!*

Jacobnano

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nanoreefnate
Thanks man! About time you wandered over here again :)

:) and yeah I'm about to tear my tank down. LOL. I only got 1 year left at home then I move to San Francisco for college at the Academy of Art so I figure it will be easier to tear it down now before I move out. :P

:) and yeah I'm about to tear my tank down. LOL. I only got 1 year left at home then I move to San Francisco for college at the Academy of Art so I figure it will be easier to tear it down now before I move out. :P

Oh nice! So you know where you will be going already?? That is true, this tank will stay up after I am gone as my parents want to claim it :P

IMG_8150.jpg

Very nice :happy: It looks pretty different from your last update, or are your colorful starfishes just hiding?

Nate, I just was in SF yesterday, passed by the Academy of Art, looks cool!

nanoreefnate
Oh nice! So you know where you will be going already?? That is true, this tank will stay up after I am gone as my parents want to claim it :P

Yeahp. And probably. I've been going to the AAU pre-college program for the last two semesters and I really like it there... and I LOVE San Fran... and I want to study more about photography so yeah... Have you seen my latest portfolio? And oic yeah my parents wouldn't know how to take care of my tank LMAO.

Very nice :happy: It looks pretty different from your last update, or are your colorful starfishes just hiding?

Well I ended up removing all starfish except my blood star, and I don't know where he is, he just disappeared....

Yeahp. And probably. I've been going to the AAU pre-college program for the last two semesters and I really like it there... and I LOVE San Fran... and I want to study more about photography so yeah... Have you seen my latest portfolio? And oic yeah my parents wouldn't know how to take care of my tank LMAO.

Nice dude! I really liked it down there well :) I don't think I have seen it? Haha I will have to teach them a little, but my dad knows most of it already :D

nanoreefnate

Oh really? awesome! And yeah the Academy is SWEET. xP

Nice dude! I really liked it down there well :) I don't think I have seen it? Haha I will have to teach them a little, but my dad knows most of it already :D

:) And yeah SF is AMAZING. You can check it out here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bikeboynate/s...57627165332161/

And I see that makes it a lot easier for them. My parents have just let me do everything and they haven't cared too much :P

Link doesn't work :/

And yea this tank is made to be pretty simple, since I won't have a ton of maintenance time for it when school starts again.

WOW those are some incredible photographs man!

nanoreefnate

Yeah I failed. I didnt know NR automatically links URL's now? LOL it should work now.

And thats good. I've taken all my SPS out of my tank so its basically rock and some softies with the fish in there now... Just water changes every few weeks until the actual tear down.

And Thanks! :D do you have a flickr?

Yeah I failed. I didnt know NR automatically links URL's now? LOL it should work now.

And thats good. I've taken all my SPS out of my tank so its basically rock and some softies with the fish in there now... Just water changes every few weeks until the actual tear down.

And Thanks! :D do you have a flickr?

Ah nice, the tough stuff. It will be sad to see it go though.

No problem, what shutter speed were those at? Or were they an HDR of sorts?

Nope, should I get one?

man. well, maybe you can move it eventually? I can tell you from experience, by second semester you will be having SERIOUS aquarium withdrawal symptoms. They will probably be exacerbated by the fact that you have tanks at home, and you will spend every waking moment thinking of how you will possibly bring the to school with you.

I'm just sayin. :P

That will most likely happen to me, so luckily this tank is pretty self contained and would be pretty easy to bring to school with me :)

Sounds like a solid plan. :)

That is the hope!

I'm jealous of your awesome room :P

Love the Conan poster! Are you a Coco fan?

I love my room haha :D

I am! The poster is signed by the artist :)

IMG_8174.jpg

IMG_8172.jpg

IMG_8164.jpg

IMG_8161.jpg

IMG_8160.jpg

IMG_8159.jpg

• Like 1

Archived