Top Shelf Aquatics

Jacob's Temperate Tank. *ReefBuilders Mention!*

Jacobnano

I agree :P

These two shots are pretty awesome btw :happy:

Oooooor maybe the east coast ;)

Thanks!

Are there any fish in this tank?

and those are some awsome pics; yours always are.

There is one sculpin "bullhead" in there right now :)

Thank you!! :)

oooh, ahhhhh.

I am glad I have your approval :D

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha, you're making me consider a coldwater tank instead of tropical, if I end up getting a tank at all (my bio teacher's response was cryptic, but I *think* she said yes). My chiller needs to be recharged with coolant, and it's going to cost $150. :(

haha, you're making me consider a coldwater tank instead of tropical, if I end up getting a tank at all (my bio teacher's response was cryptic, but I *think* she said yes). My chiller needs to be recharged with coolant, and it's going to cost $150. :(

They are pretty dang cool <-heh. What did she say such that you couldn't decipher a yes or a no lol??? Ahh that sucks, I bet mine will need that soon too...uh oh. Where does one do that? Also, why does it cost so much???

Oooooor maybe the east coast ;)

But the West Coast is so much better :P

You only have 1 bullhead in there right now? I thought you had at least 2, and a stickleback?

They are pretty dang cool <-heh. What did she say such that you couldn't decipher a yes or a no lol??? Ahh that sucks, I bet mine will need that soon too...uh oh. Where does one do that? Also, why does it cost so much???

direct quote:

"Let's discuss salt water tanks when you return!"

I guess looking at it out of context like that it's basically a yes. The first time I read it, I saw this:

"Let's discuss salt water tanks when you return."

I didn't notice the exclamation point, and that sounded more like a no. So basically I think it's a yes, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Like, what if the exclamation point was accidental or something? So yeah.

I don't actually know. I'm lucky to live within driving distance of the company that makes my chiller (pacific coast imports). You *might* be able to take it to an a/c place, but I think you'd be lucky if they even knew what an aquarium chiller was. You could attempt it yourself, but then you're playing with compressed coolants, which sounds dangerous, and you could ruin your chiller, which sounds expensive. If I were you I would just avoid the issue for as long as possible, which is what I have been doing. When I tested my chiller recently, it was only able to hold the water at 70 degrees in a 70 degree house, which wasn't very impressive, so I finally decided I should probably do something about it. :rolleyes:

But the West Coast is so much better :P

You only have 1 bullhead in there right now? I thought you had at least 2, and a stickleback?

Nope, just one bullhead lol.

direct quote:

"Let's discuss salt water tanks when you return!"

I guess looking at it out of context like that it's basically a yes. The first time I read it, I saw this:

"Let's discuss salt water tanks when you return."

I didn't notice the exclamation point, and that sounded more like a no. So basically I think it's a yes, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Like, what if the exclamation point was accidental or something? So yeah.

I don't actually know. I'm lucky to live within driving distance of the company that makes my chiller (pacific coast imports). You *might* be able to take it to an a/c place, but I think you'd be lucky if they even knew what an aquarium chiller was. You could attempt it yourself, but then you're playing with compressed coolants, which sounds dangerous, and you could ruin your chiller, which sounds expensive. If I were you I would just avoid the issue for as long as possible, which is what I have been doing. When I tested my chiller recently, it was only able to hold the water at 70 degrees in a 70 degree house, which wasn't very impressive, so I finally decided I should probably do something about it. :rolleyes:

Ahhh I see. So now you are there, what happened??

Ahhh that is super handy. Yea, I highly doubt it, especially where I live. I guess I will just wait for the old beast to die :P Haha yours was pretty efficient there in the end :P

You need to get one of those Shaw's Box Fish and/or a Grunt Sculpin. Some of the coolest coldwater fish IMO.

They are pretty neat. Then again I think there are a lot of cool ones.

Ahhh I see. So now you are there, what happened??

Ahhh that is super handy. Yea, I highly doubt it, especially where I live. I guess I will just wait for the old beast to die :P Haha yours was pretty efficient there in the end :P

School doesn't start till the 18th :happydance: I'll let you know when I find out what's going to happen.

yep. haha, totally.

School doesn't start till the 18th :happydance: I'll let you know when I find out what's going to happen.

yep. haha, totally.

Nice! That isn't fair haha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This tank still exists. I think it is the most stable of all of my tanks. Full IB and 5 big exams in this next month have made tank maintenance difficult.

AquaticEngineer
This tank still exists. I think it is the most stable of all of my tanks. Full IB and 5 big exams in this next month have made tank maintenance difficult.

Well if it gets to be too much for you with school, feel free to send your livestock my way ;)

Hey Jacob's alive! :P

:( That stinks, good luck with all your tests!

For the most part!

Thank you!

Well if it gets to be too much for you with school, feel free to send your livestock my way ;)

Ha, I will keep that in mind ;)

Archived