Innovative Marine Aquariums

Bob21115's winning Unofficial nano-reef 12" cube contest tank

bob21115

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea the probe definitely is not cheap! I managed to find a SL2 on marinedepot.

I think I may pick up one of those lights, just not sure if I'm going to stick with the 12" cube after the contest or not.

I really like the setup of their new light. I thing 18" is thesmallest it comes now.

I got the reef Keeper Elite hooked up Last night.

This thing out of the box will control my Heater and my Chiller. I can also adjust them so they don't fight with each other.

I had a problem when I calibrated the Temp Probe. The reading on my drop in temp gauge was about 8 - 10 degrees off. :o The RKE thought the tank was 83 but it was really 73. So it turned on the chiller and dropped it 5 deg to 78 which was really 69. I felt the water and realized the problem. Needless to say I got a correct temp reading and recalibrated the probe. The tank is slowly moved back up to the real 78.

I bought the .net module so I can get real time updates on my IPhone and email notifications if something is wrong. It also allows me to have a image created with real time stats. I added it to my signature. You can also click on it to see a graph of temp, pH, and ORP. I’m not using an ORP probe.

I also got the MLC module which is a moon light controller. The ECO Tech LED's Moonlight is way to bright for this little tank. The reef keeper also had a built in lunar schedule. I'm looking forward to seeing this work.

The Virgin Nerites snails are doing an awesome job keeping the glass clean of diatoms.

I haven’t gotten my camera replaced yet so no pictures.

I added a single frogspawn head, 3/4" Monti Cap, and a small rock with 10 zoa's on it.

I'll post pictures when I get my new camera.

Don't we have to take a FTS tomorrow? Can you borrow someone's camera?

I'll use my Iphone for the required FTS. I might take the one from work also.

By the way Doc I have a frog thats lost its tail and is hopping around its parents Viv for a week now.

When r getting a new camera?

I need a new one myself. Point and shoot pos.

My insurance company works with a place out of TX. They are replacing all the electronic and Computer stuff stolen. They are replacing my 7MP with a 12 MP Point and Shoot. Should be this week.

The ReefKeeper Elite is awesome. Over the last 24 hours I’ve only had a ¼ of a degree temp change.

It’s controlling both the Heater and Chiller.

My insurance company works with a place out of TX. They are replacing all the electronic and Computer stuff stolen. They are replacing my 7MP with a 12 MP Point and Shoot. Should be this week.

you took those shots with a point and shoot? what brand?

you took those shots with a point and shoot? what brand?

All my pic except the Tshirt pic were taken with a point and shoot. The Pic without the West Michigan Aquatics were taken with a Nikon L10 5MP I got from work. The ones with the West MIchigan Aquaics on them were taken with a nikon 7900 7 MP Point and Shoot.

The Insurance company is replacing the 7900 with a nikon coolpix S620 12MP.

These 2 pic were taken with a Nikon L10 tonight.

I need to cut the wires on the light hanger or figure out a way to tie them up. Looks like I need to clean the light also...

12inchft.jpg

Here is how I mounted the ReefKeeper. The front of the stand needs to be re-stained.

12inchrke.jpg

hey bob y are the holders so long for the light? does it slide back and forth for maintenance?

Its for looks. Thats a great idea but it would be tough with the light hardware.

Tank looks great... the yellow/orange zuma really pops. We should set up an unofficial 12" frag swap at the end :)

I'm in... only problems is I don't have frags anyone wants haha...

Looks great Bob, perfect spot for the RKE!

what wher you parameters before the water change? aren't u fish less right now?

Yes Fishless.

The original water was from my larger system.

PO4 was .1ppm

NO3 was 10ppm

I'll test again tomorrow.

Archived