ReefCleaners.org

Bob21115's winning Unofficial nano-reef 12" cube contest tank

bob21115

So I got my Ice probe installed. Damn this thing is huge. I've had it for a month and never opened it.

12inchiceprobe.jpg

I built a Media rack. I don't like it, so I'm going to retry Friday or this weekend.

I built a cover for the top of the main display. It 1/4" acrylic routed on the edge to set on to of the tank.

12inchfts10.jpg

I also hooked up the MP10. Here is the video.

Vortech MP10 Video

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Killer setup man, nice equipment! This is going to be hard to beat. You have a pretty cool stocking plan as well. Cant wait to see the next steps.

Thanks Christo. I can't wait to see the next steps also :D Just waiting for a start date.

I got my media basket and auto top off installed today. I also cleaned up the tank.

Here's the sensor and the water level alarm for my Tunze ATO.

12inchato.jpg

The Media basket installed. The tiny bulkhead is where the ATO will dump water into the tank.

12inchmediabasket2.jpg

12inchmediabasket1.jpg

Yesterday I tried to clean up the miles of wire that this tank needs to operate. I HATE WIRES.

Here's back of tank after the Chiller controller was attached. I need to find a way to attach the temp probe for the chiller. I had a problem with a temp probe in the past. I want to make sure there is no way for this thing to get pulled out of the tank. I think the probe will fit in a 1/4" bulkhead I have. I need to locate it first.

12inchback.jpg

MP10 controller mounted

12inchmp10controler.jpg

Tunze ATO mounted

12inchtunzeatocontroler.jpg

Here is a picture below the tank with the fake facade removed. This is were I was planning on hiding all the wires and the controllers. By removing the facade I have easy access to everything and only see it when I need it.

After winding up and zip tying all the wires it still looks like crap. I may have to cut and splice the wires to make them shorter. I'll loose my warranty if I modify the wires.

12inchihatewires.jpg

holy efen crap bob!!!!!!! you have 676.00 in this pico???? :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

that mp10 looks like it works perfect! whole setup is looking awesome! keep up the good work :)

holy efen crap bob!!!!!!! you have 676.00 in this pico???? :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

that mp10 looks like it works perfect! whole setup is looking awesome! keep up the good work :)

There is someone else that has spent just under $800 on hardware in this contest.

There is someone else that has spent just under $800 on hardware in this contest.

$795, and I still need to buy my LED (in a couple months). Expensive addiction.

Very clean setup Bob! When will the world be wireless?

Edit: I can spell.

$795, and I still need to buy my LED (in a couple months). Expensive addiction.

Very clean setup Bob! When will the world be wireless?

Edit: I can spell.

Isn't that just under $800? :P :P

I still have to buy my RK Elite. But this tank won't stay AIO. I'll be replacing it with a ADA tank at the end and plumbing it to the larger system.

Lajz9 here ya go, hopefully soon enough

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/09/02/wireles...city/index.html

Bob looking awesome, just cover those wires w/ your shell & forget about em.

Thanks, thats what the shell is for.

bluefunelement

My sexy shrimp saw your sexy shrimp home and now they want to hang out with yours.

Wanna make a play-date?

Maybe let me borrow your Vortech :D

Here is a copy of the PM I got from Maria about my coral prices. Coral name is above the Picture, Price is under the Picture.

Orange Ricordia Yuma

orangeyuma.jpg

$10

2 (one is the size of a dime) Green and Purple Ricordia Yum

dime size

babyyuma.jpg

greenpurpleyuma.jpg

$20

2 green Ricordia Florida

(No pic yet camers was stolen when the house was broken into last week)

$20

Rohdactis Mushroom Dime size

rainbowhodactis.jpg

$5

Acan 1 polyp

12inchlivestock11.jpg

$10

Cyphastrea Ocellina Was given to me by the person I got the above corals 1/2 of the 1/2" frag is dead

atlantismeteorshowercyphastrea.jpg

$5

2 Acan Frags In really bad shape

12inchacan1.jpg

12inchacan2.jpg

$10

Purple Death Zoanthid 2 polyps From my stock bottom right of pic

12inchzoa1.jpg

$15

Green Death Zoanthid 4 polyps

$20

Feather Duster

$7

Pipe Organ frag From my stock

12inchlivestock4.jpg

$5

Green Star Polyps 1/2" From my stock

12inchlivestock8.jpg

$3

Anthellia frag 1/2" From my stock

12inchlivestock10.jpg

$3

Blue Millepora 1/2" From my stock

12inchmonti.jpg

$10

Unknown Montipora Cap 1/2" Frag From my Stock

12inchunkcap.jpg

$5

Second Monti cap 1/2" Frag from my stock

12inchlivestock3.jpg

$5

Green Rohdactis Mushroom From my stock

12inchroadactis2.jpg

$5

Small Zoanthid frag 6 heads

12inchzoa1.jpg

$6

Small Zoanthid frag 7 heads

12inchzoa2.jpg

$7

Small Zoanthid frag 7 heads

12inchzoa3.jpg

$7

2Palys frag

12inchlivestock7.jpg

$2

If there is a discrepancy with these prices on a thread please PM me. I want to make a generic list of prices.

Maria

That's one nice looking Yuma. I just got a package of ricordea floridas from coral morphologic today, and they look nice but nothing like that.

I ordered my Controller - DA ReefKeeper Elite today. I hope it will be here on Friday.

I got the moon light controller and the network option with it.

I ordered my Controller - DA ReefKeeper Elite today. I hope it will be here on Friday.

I got the moon light controller and the network option with it.

Nice, did you get the SL1 or SL2 module with it?

The SL2 w/ the salinity monitoring is amazing, just ordered a second module for my RKL on my 40g.

BTW, what do you think about the LED now that it's up and running?

Nice, did you get the SL1 or SL2 module with it?

The SL2 w/ the salinity monitoring is amazing, just ordered a second module for my RKL on my 40g.

BTW, what do you think about the LED now that it's up and running?

I got a SL1, NET, and MLC. I'll order the SL2 in a week or so. The website says its still in preorder. Also the Salinity probe cost just as much as the module.

I like the LED. The color is great. Its a very well built light. If I kwen it was going to take so long to start this contest I would have waited and bought thier new light. Sounds even better. The moonlight setting is a little to bright, thats why I bought the MLC for the reef keeper.

I got a SL1, NET, and MLC. I'll order the SL2 in a week or so. The website says its still in preorder. Also the Salinity probe cost just as much as the module.

I like the LED. The color is great. Its a very well built light. If I kwen it was going to take so long to start this contest I would have waited and bought thier new light. Sounds even better. The moonlight setting is a little to bright, thats why I bought the MLC for the reef keeper.

Yea the probe definitely is not cheap! I managed to find a SL2 on marinedepot.

I think I may pick up one of those lights, just not sure if I'm going to stick with the 12" cube after the contest or not.

Archived