Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Quorky's Solana Build

quorky

Hey all,

Just joined up recently (had a 90g before and downsized to a 34g Solana). Great site with a ton of great information...

Got a Solana from one of the members on another site:

It is the starphire version with a back of the overflow cover. Black stand - first mod was to tint the glass ( cant stand to be able to see into the stand)...

House is a mess. In the process of breaking down the 90 and setting up the Solana.

Love the clean look of the Solana - clean, all in one solution with perfect aesthetics for my needs.

At the moment, I am using my 48" PC light on this tank. The lights 250w MH SunPod with Zero Edge LampTree should arrive the week of 8/3/2009.

Debating the following:

*ATO - Yay or nay? Most swear by it but do I really need it? The bottles seem to work just fine for now... Maybe the evap will increase when I get the MH...

*DryDock for the MP10 - will see as time will tell. I do like the look of the MP10 on the back wall.

Current livestock:

2 - Clowns

1 - Corral Beauty

2 - Fire Shrimp

1 - Sand Sifting Starfish

So here are some pics:

Everyone transfered over:

Solana-3.jpg

48" PCs placed on top Front view:

Solana-11.jpg

Solana-23.jpg

Left Side:

Solana-24.jpg

Right Side:

Solana-25.jpg

A few corrals that I transfered:

Solana-15.jpg

Solana-14.jpg

Solana-16.jpg

More updates to come.

Glass is dirty because I ordered the glass magnet cleaner and it has not arrived just yet.

Thanks for looking

westcoastreefer84

Welcome to NR!

That's gonna be some serious lighting you put on there, do you plan to do a lot of sps?

I've met a local reefer who was running a 250watt aqua connect over his solana, he was using a sunlight supply hood about 3 feet above the tank and had great sps growth

Anyways good luck, solanas are oh so appealing

Welcome to NR!

That's gonna be some serious lighting you put on there, do you plan to do a lot of sps?

I've met a local reefer who was running a 250watt aqua connect over his solana, he was using a sunlight supply hood about 3 feet above the tank and had great sps growth

Anyways good luck, solanas are oh so appealing

Thanks for the welcome :D

I am getting the setup from a different member. It should suffice for anything under the sun for this tank. At least I wont have to upgrade, right?

I will start off with a few softies and then work my way up to SPS...

B)

Welcome to the solana owner thread. I will most honor to added you on the list! Nice rocks work and kinda lighting you plan to add on there along with corals! Keep up the good work!

David

• 4 weeks later...

Archived