ReefCleaners.org

Hydor Koralia NANO Magnet Warning

Professor

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just looked at the one I bought today, they are both coated in a thin black paint. But when I removed the plastic cap that touches the glass, one had a small silver spot that had no paint. (I then got them stuck together and scratched way more off getting them apart >.<

• 3 weeks later...

Wow just discovered this thread and checked my magnets. I had an old one from about ayear ago, maybe more, and a newer one purchased about 8 months ago.. Popped the newer one open and it's coated in black doesn't seem to be any rust. The wet side did have a small silver circle in the centre like Llamaguy mentioned.

This is the older one.

koraliamagnets003.jpg

koraliamagnets007.jpg

I once pulled the magnet out and forgot which side was the wetside. I must have flipped them because this is what i saw. They've both definately begun to rust : \. Using just the suction cup for now. Not that there's anything wring with my tank but not taking any chances! The newer one i have is actually in perfect condition. I guess mainly due to the fact it's coated on both sides

• 2 months later...
scubasteve2580

wow i contacted them this morning because i bought a k-nano a few days ago that has the old magnets. they responded to me e-mail right away and asked for the shipping address to send replacment magnets. that was a very smooth experience and i will definantly continue doing business with them in the future.

• 1 month later...
:lol: hello to everyone,after reading this forum i went to check my nanos and had the same issue so i goggle the headquater for hydor and send them an email and also gave them a call and within 1week i got new magnets and suction cups included.mike was very helpfull and i have say imvery happy with the way hydor customer service took care of the problem right away.thanks again to mike and this great website"nano-reef.com".ihave learn so much about reef tanks and we must continue pass the word to others about nano- reef. :PB)
  • 2 weeks later...
wow i contacted them this morning because i bought a k-nano a few days ago that has the old magnets. they responded to me e-mail right away and asked for the shipping address to send replacment magnets. that was a very smooth experience and i will definantly continue doing business with them in the future.

:lol: hello to everyone,after reading this forum i went to check my nanos and had the same issue so i goggle the headquater for hydor and send them an email and also gave them a call and within 1week i got new magnets and suction cups included.mike was very helpfull and i have say imvery happy with the way hydor customer service took care of the problem right away.thanks again to mike and this great website"nano-reef.com".ihave learn so much about reef tanks and we must continue pass the word to others about nano- reef. :PB)

Glad to hear hat Hydor is taking care of everybody.

-Prof

• 3 years later...
Jackal_Knight

:lol: i was reading this and started to freak out then i saw the date 2009. I'm sure its fix now. but if anyone knows for sure i would really like to know.

Archived