FiReBrEaThInGCuTtLeFiSh!XD

? another ID

So origionally I just thought this was coraline until it started to grow up instead of out so I was starting to thing either a sponge or tunicate. now its got the harilike strands coming out of it and I dont have a dam clue as to what these are. Anyone else have an idea... oh its probably worth mentioning that "they" are immobile......not very scary alienz if I say so my self

IMG_2531.jpg

revaltion131

Foraminiferan. Harmless and really cool-looking. I have a large one on one of my rocks that just looks so cool.

bump, i know its a crappy pic but someones gott have an idea, its purple, doesn't move and has a bunch of "hair" coming out of it

revaltion131

Just gave you a reply before your bump. ;)

oops, sorry... thanks revaltion131, they are pretty cool looking I was just wondering wth they were.

did you do anything specifically for them or did they just grow over time. I'd assume that they are filter feeders.

thx again

revaltion131

Mine have slowly grown over time. I would say maybe a half a centimeter in the entire time I've had my tank running.

lakshwadeep

When I got my rock from someone's established tank, I had a "huge" individual that was 1" across and looked just like a tiny sps coral. It unfortunately died, but I do have many others that are still alive and give a nice purple-red color.