Innovative Marine Aquariums

Streetsong's Biocube 29 Mixed Reef

streetsong

I just got off the phone with Nick at Nanotuners. Apparently, when I placed my order with Chris 2,1/2 weeks ago, it was never even put in their system. I'm done with Nanotuners. This is the second time this has happened. A I said in my last post, great products but poor customer service.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just got off the phone with Nick at Nanotuners. Apparently, when I placed my order with Chris 2,1/2 weeks ago, it was never even put in their system. I'm done with Nanotuners. This is the second time this has happened. A I said in my last post, great products but poor customer service.

Brandon,

This is interesting to read. You seemed to have a whole other tone over the phone. I was under the impression that, although disappointed in what happened, the issue was resolved and moving forward in a positive direction. I did, in fact, ship out the LEDs yesterday as I promised I would. I can't speak for exactly what happened with Chris because I wasn't aware of the replacement order. As for the first time something happened with you, I can't recall what it is. After digging through your order history and our e-mail history I couldn't find any other outstanding issues. I must be missing something. If you are referring to the initial delay shipping your LED kit order that was due to a delay even getting the LED modules from our supplier in the first place.

With all due respect, I would disagree about having poor customer service. I think many others would disagree with that statement as well. I'm not sure what was on Chris' plate that day, but we do our best and we are human. Things happen. Typically I am the one taking care of customer service issues around the shop. Often times it's me that deals with issues on the phone and I also get to handle all the e-mails. I actually get quite a few compliments regarding our service when dealing with customers on the phone and by e-mail.

I am sorry we were unable to meet all of your needs.

Brandon,

This is interesting to read. You seemed to have a whole other tone over the phone. I was under the impression that, although disappointed in what happened, the issue was resolved and moving forward in a positive direction. I did, in fact, ship out the LEDs yesterday as I promised I would. I can't speak for exactly what happened with Chris because I wasn't aware of the replacement order. As for the first time something happened with you, I can't recall what it is. After digging through your order history and our e-mail history I couldn't find any other outstanding issues. I must be missing something. If you are referring to the initial delay shipping your LED kit order that was due to a delay even getting the LED modules from our supplier in the first place.

With all due respect, I would disagree about having poor customer service. I think many others would disagree with that statement as well. I'm not sure what was on Chris' plate that day, but we do our best and we are human. Things happen. Typically I am the one taking care of customer service issues around the shop. Often times it's me that deals with issues on the phone and I also get to handle all the e-mails. I actually get quite a few compliments regarding our service when dealing with customers on the phone and by e-mail.

I am sorry we were unable to meet all of your needs.

Nick, Let me be clear. When I say your products are great, I do mean it- You guys are pioneers. And based on my experiences with you, you deserve compliments regarding your service via phone & email. When we spoke on the phone yesterday, you took the time to answer my questions and you did everything within your power to fix my order issue immediately, which I greatly appreciate.

I am upset that in the 2 major orders I have had with your company, there were big problems. The first was a 2-month delay in processing/delivery. I understand that the delay was beyond your control, but I feel that I should have been given a realistic timeframe. I placed at least 3 phone calls over the 2-month period, and was told twice that my product would be shipped the next day. The second order I made was paid for immediately but didn't get processed until I called 2 weeks later to check the status.

I understand that you & Chris are only 2 people, you're really busy, and that mistakes happen. I also try to support small companies when I can. However, I feel that customer service includes timely processing and shipping, and I hope that my experiences are the exception and not the norm. I am excited about your products, but that is lost in the frustration of having to track down my orders.

Brandon,

I had actually called this afternoon (or tried - your number in our system is no longer in service) because I wanted to clarify what happened. So let's just throw it out here now for better or worse. You had spoken with Chris on 3/24 based on the research I could pull up in this thread. I was able to track down the payment you had sent via Paypal on 3/24. Chris did not enter the order into our order system because he had forwarded me the e-mail received from Paypal when your payment came in. Here's where the problem started. The forwarded e-mail, for whatever reason, did not include the note you had left in the comments with your Paypal submission. As a result, I didn't see anything about shipping 2x replacement LED strips and the order was not generated. Chris was unaware that the e-mail he forwarded to me did not include the details about your order. This is where the disconnect occurred.

It is what it is now, but I wanted to at least own up to what it was that caused the issue. Unfortunately I didn't know what caused the issue until today after doing some "detective work."

I just switched salt this week- from Reef Crystals to Aquavitro Salinity. I'll let you all know if there are any changes. I'm hoping that this tank requires less dosing for magnesium and alkalinity. Anyone using this salt? I'd enjoy reading your thoughts.

I use the salinity salt. So far, so good for me. My batch mixes up to 380 ca, 7.7 alk, and 1280 mag (salifert test kits) which is a little lower then the lab tested values on the side of my bucket.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Singlefin! The only thing that I have really needed for my tank is patience (okay, and decent lighting ; ). I look forward to following your tank thread. You can do it!

In the past month, my birdsnests near the top have had a growth explosion. I haven't been doing anything new, same dosing regimen as always. I think it is pretty obvious in this FTS that I took today, compared to my last one.

post-45694-1314662469_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

This tank has been completely revamped! I transfered all of my sps to my new 76 gal. half-circle: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry3544911

I have torn down my 14 gal. biocube (soon to be for sale) and moved all of my softies and LPS and fish to this tank. Since I have LED's which cannot be dimmed, I am using nylon screen material to acclimate over a couple of weeks. I'll post pics soon!

• 5 weeks later...
I had a small disaster today but it easily could have been a HUGE disaster. The screws holding my Nanotuers 5.1 LED kit attached to the hood came loose. Subsequently, the heatsink fell against the plastic splashguard, which melted two tiny holes in the splashguard and blew out two of my Edison royal blue strips. It's a good thing I was home in the middle of the day (I'm a teacher on spring break). Chris at Nanotuners is going to replace the two strips for his cost- $25 per strip. He won't have them in until the middle of next week so I hope my corals will make it until then. This sucks!

Did this replacement ever happen?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived