inTank Media Baskets

My 6 Gallon Fluval Edge - Office Tank

pimp4cheddar

Just got my Fluval Edge tank last week for $99.99, looks pretty contemporary, one thing I don't like about the tank is a 10w halogen bulbs, I'll replace with LED bulbs. I added white natural sand and one fake coral $19.99, no fish yet, I ordered three more different fake corals total of $50, they should arrive soon. Put one betta in but he didn't like it, he can't get a gulp of air when the tank is fill up, the betta didn't realize that there's a opening so he panic and almost die, I took the betta out. I probably going to get some guppies.

Hey, I got the same tank, where do you get those rocks from, they look like corals, NICE!!!

post-46749-1251238456_thumb.jpg

post-46749-1251238483_thumb.jpg

post-46749-1251238526_thumb.jpg

post-46749-1251238548_thumb.jpg

post-46749-1251238572_thumb.jpg

post-46749-1251239104_thumb.jpg

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MacMike1000- you didn't put a betta in salt water, did you? :tears:

Would the 3 LED spotlights Evil sells fit in that fixture?

It's not salt water, it might look like salt water but it's not, it soft white sand with fake corals in fresh water, the beta cannot find that opening to get the gulp of air so I remove him, I just recently got 3 more fake corals and I change the regular halogen yellow MR11 bulbs to MR11 LED white bulbs, it looks better with white LED light, now I have guppies and tetras in the tank, I'll post some new pictures of the tank soon. Overall, I really like this tank, I got mine for $99.

Nice set up you got there. I set mine up last weekend... I also have the led mr11 replacements on order... i got 7000k bulbs and i add 2 powerbrite powerstripes one full 10000k daylight and 1 full 420nm blue.... Just becareful with the temps fluctuationg.... i actually placed mine not too far from my home air conditioner and left a stealth heater inside just incase the temp drops... i finally got the tank to stay stable between 77.9 and 78.6 degrees so im happy... later tonite ill snap some pics... best of luck its a kool lil tank...

also if you ever wanted to add a sump you can use the aquaclear type filter as an overflow... juts my .02 centz lol

Hey folks...

Well I did a few things to the tank...I was having a bad case of Diatoms so I just removed the rock I had in there and removed some sand. I also purchased some LED's to replace the yellow bulbs that came with the tank...

I'm looking for some oddball type fish to keep in my tank. I've been looking at Pigmy Octopuses and such and I cannot make up my mind...

Any insights to some type of weird fish?

I was just talking about getting one of these for a zenned out Amano style tank with some tiny schooling fish. I figured the lighting might work for a planted freshwater. I'll definately be following this to see how it works out.

Where'd you get your lights from?

I got mine from LEDWaves.com.

They had some nice Cree Led -2watts with 88degree beams for $20 each. I'm curious to see what else might be availble for this tank.

Nice set up you got there. I set mine up last weekend... I also have the led mr11 replacements on order... i got 7000k bulbs and i add 2 powerbrite powerstripes one full 10000k daylight and 1 full 420nm blue.... Just becareful with the temps fluctuationg.... i actually placed mine not too far from my home air conditioner and left a stealth heater inside just incase the temp drops... i finally got the tank to stay stable between 77.9 and 78.6 degrees so im happy... later tonite ill snap some pics... best of luck its a kool lil tank...

also if you ever wanted to add a sump you can use the aquaclear type filter as an overflow... juts my .02 centz lol

I can't keep cuttle fish in such a small thank...only Pigmy Pusses. However, most of those Pusses are nocturnal and since I'm at work...I need something with some pep.

A mantis is a no no...I've never liked those things

I've thought about sea horses...but haven't read up on them...

To be honest...if all else fails, I'm just throwing a Purple Firefish in there with some Clown Goby...

Cuttle fish

Mantis Shrimp B)

Sea Horse

Where'd you get your lights from?

I got mine from LEDWaves.com.

They had some nice Cree Led -2watts with 88degree beams for $20 each. I'm curious to see what else might be availble for this tank.

I recently purchased this aquarium for a small fresh water aquascape. I laid my substrate today and have added some driftwood and live plants. I know this is a saltwater reef forum, but I am curious if you received your LEDs and if they are working out for you. I am considering replacing the halogen bulbs with the same ones you got from LEDWaves, but I saw contradicting information on the website. At one point it says "The Illum LED MR-11 bulb is suited to replace 15-Watt MR-11 halogen bulbs! " and then it says "If you have electronic transformers that are designed for halogen bulbs, most likely they will not work with this LED light bulb" and "This bulb is compatible with 12 Volt magnetic transformers." I want to make sure these work out before I order them. Thanks an advance. Still shopping around for what to stock it with...

MacMike1000 why are u adding fake coral???!!! :o

Because its a freshwater tank. That confused the heck out of me the first few times I read it lol.

Do sea horses and then tell me everything you learned. My sister wants to have a nice 30G sea horse tank but knows nothing about SW at all.

Sounds great...paypal me about $200 to cover for all the Sea Horses I'm going to lose and I'll make sure I keep detailed notes on my experience.

:lol:

Because its a freshwater tank. That confused the heck out of me the first few times I read it lol.

Do sea horses and then tell me everything you learned. My sister wants to have a nice 30G sea horse tank but knows nothing about SW at all.

I brought the LED lights from LEDWaves.com. I got the Cool White 88-degree bulbs. They cover pretty much the entire tank so I no longer have the two circles in the middle of my tank while the rest of the tank is in shadow...

They are actually great and I have them on my tank. I'm at home...but when I get to work tomorrow I'll take a few pics and update this. I actually added a Green Clown Goby to the tank and removed the Base Rock I had in it.

I'm trying to find a few nice pieces of Live Rock...but no luck yet.

I brought the LED lights from LEDWaves.com. I got the Cool White 88-degree bulbs. They cover pretty much the entire tank so I no longer have the two circles in the middle of my tank while the rest of the tank is in shadow...

They are actually great and I have them on my tank. I'm at home...but when I get to work tomorrow I'll take a few pics and update this. I actually added a Green Clown Goby to the tank and removed the Base Rock I had in it.

I'm trying to find a few nice pieces of Live Rock...but no luck yet.

Any pics with the new lights? Looks cool!

Wow... just read all six pages, and I'm loving the tank! :D

I'm pretty sure that I'll be ordering one myself. A few questions that I hope you won't mind answering:

-How do you like the MR-11 lights? Did you just take out the old halogens and replace w/ these?

-Is it hard to keep the glass clean?

-Where did you get that LED strip light from?

-Anything you don't like about the tank?

-Can you fit a small 50w heater in the filter area, or somewhere else not visible?

If you want to shoot me a pm, you can definatly do that too. Thanks SO much!

Edit... Oh, and PS- quit holding out and bless us with some updated pix! :D

Wow... just read all six pages, and I'm loving the tank! :D

I'm pretty sure that I'll be ordering one myself. A few questions that I hope you won't mind answering:

-How do you like the MR-11 lights? Did you just take out the old halogens and replace w/ these?

-Is it hard to keep the glass clean?

-Where did you get that LED strip light from?

-Anything you don't like about the tank?

-Can you fit a small 50w heater in the filter area, or somewhere else not visible?

If you want to shoot me a pm, you can definatly do that too. Thanks SO much!

Edit... Oh, and PS- quit holding out and bless us with some updated pix! :D

HAHA...nice post!

I've been swamped with work, school and I'm now planning a wedding. Well I'm not planning much...she is. I get the option to pay cash or check...

I was in Boston for the past week on business, but I'll post some pics first thing tomorrow. I just put a camera in my bag so pictures will be up tomorrow.

To answer your questions:

-I like the lights. They are much better than stock; however, nothing like LED's or T5's. Easy replacement just plug and play.

-The glass is easy to clean.

-I didn't buy the LED strip...that was another user.

-I don't like the fact that I can't stick my hand in the tank anytime I want. There are times I need to flip a snail or something like that and I can't because the tank will overflow and water will leak down the back and all over my desk

-I'm pretty sure you can put a very small heater in the filter...however, my office is always around 69-74. I don't have a heater in any of my tanks. My home tank is a stead 73 degrees because it's an open top tank in my living room. I keep my house at 73-74 so it's perfectly controlled.

Look back tomorrow for some pics!!!

Thanks for being patient folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived