Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Hitcher Fishie?

Orphicdragon

Orphicdragon

I actually have two :huh: I put live brine shrimp in (they eat the legs off them, its bizarre) and low and behold a smaller version of the same fish emerged. I will ask the LFS where the rock came from when I go in this week. He seems kind of aggressive, (the fish not the LFS) he is all up in my blue leg hermits face talkin mess (OK I dunno that he is talking mess, but the crab gets uber crabby and the little fish is trying to chew on his little antenna deally's so I don't think they are discussing anything pleasant). He leaves the crab alone a little more now, I added a K1 and he spends most of his time swimming in the current that makes.

I am still trying to get a better pic.

I have named the smaller one *R Kelly* in honor of his *wee* size

Edit- Googled Old Gregg cuz I had no idea what the heck was going on. +1 for Epic Funny

Orphicdragon

I checked with the LFS and he said all of his stuff comes from Florida. Its aqua cultured, so I am going to guess its something in/on/around Florida waters (Not sure where In Florida).

The closest I can get is the Masked Goby ( Coryphopterus personatus )

http://sealifeinc.net/catalog/product_info...products_id=177

He doesn't have those nifty stripes and the eye isn't quite the same, but otherwise its pretty close. I read that they love to swim, the second the light comes on they are both swimming in whatever current they can find.

lakshwadeep

I think it's going to be bigger than a masked goby (which won't reach 2 inches in adult length). Anyway, it looks really neat.

that looks alot like a FW molly baby thats been adapted to SW. (yes it can be done as they are brackish)....but I'd think it would have some color by now if it was

It may be a type of fish called a mummichog or gulf killifish. They are native to those waters (and mine), they are VERY hardy, and their eggs cane be kept out of water for extended periods of time. I use them for bait all of the time!

• 3 weeks later...

Except mollys don't like a lot of current and he says it hangs in the current of his power head.If he has two of them ,then there is a 50% chance one is male.Can you see a male sex orgon?

With that avatar, your lack of understanding of probability and asking OP to look for "male sex orgons" you are my favorite person this week.

• 3 weeks later...

Could be a Cocahoe or mud minnow

I just had a fish at an LFS I purchased for $5.00... they didn't know what it was, and got it in a shipment by accident. Cool personality of a fish, and loves to mess with the hermits lol.

"Their territorial range includes northeastern Florida to Key West, and the northern Gulf of Mexico all the way down to Cuba" - quote from google search

Because of the location, its very possible to be similar.

My fish ID

Archived