ReefCleaners.org

20L. AIO. foam wall.

glennr1978

I found my camera, but my pics still suck.

DSC04546.jpg

my new "ric garden". still kinda pissed, I glued them down about 20 minutes before the pic.

DSC04545.jpg

still a work in progress but not bad for only being a couple of months old.

DSC04547.jpg

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great start! Looking forward to watching it mature.

Thanks TJ. It's quite a bit different than my 40g, but it's also much easier to maintain.

Played with the camera a little bit.

DSC04564.jpg

rics have opened up more.

DSC04561.jpg

this will eventually be filled in with SPS.

DSC04560.jpg

male clownfish found a new home.

DSC04566.jpg

That rock wall is sicccckkkkk. Very nice tank, I'll be watching this one.

Thanks!

In other news, I got my mp10 today. Overall I'm very impressed, it seems to be just as powerful as an mp20 but at half the size. My only complaint at this point is that it's kinda loud. I'm running it on short pulse mode at ~50% and hopefully after a few days it will quiet down.

Very pretty tank. I love the rock wall....what kind of can foam did you use? You're giving me ideas for when I restart my 29 gallon....I have a bunch of rubble I could break up and use to do something like this.

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Amanda, the foam I used is called "great stuff". You can get it at just about any hardware store. I recommend that you make a little practice wall first, just to get a feel for how it works. Be careful with the foam, it is the stickiest substance known to man, seriously. And it expands quite a bit while curing so be sure to use it sparingly.

I've added a few more frags..... all SPS of course. Now I'm going out to the garage to work on my lighting, the T5's arent going to cut it anymore. So much for simplicity.

I've added a few more frags..... all SPS of course. Now I'm going out to the garage to work on my lighting, the T5's arent going to cut it anymore. So much for simplicity.

Why not add another T5 or two? That Icecap 430 can handle 4 X24 W T5s. 4 Ice cap driven T5s would be more than strong enough for this tank and possibly just three. I love the concept of this tank! Are you going to add more flow than just the one MJ900?

Why not add another T5 or two? That Icecap 430 can handle 4 X24 W T5s. 4 Ice cap driven T5s would be more than strong enough for this tank and possibly just three. I love the concept of this tank! Are you going to add more flow than just the one MJ900?

After doing some research I found that the 430 can only power 2 T5's. I could upgrade to a 660, but I think I'm just a halide guy, no matter how hard I try to jump on the T5 bandwagon.

Yes, I did add more flow, got myself an mp10.

Looks awesome! Did you end up going with 2X150s and 2X24 T5s? What bulbs are you running? I can't wait to see this one grow out.

Looks awesome! Did you end up going with 2X150s and 2X24 T5s? What bulbs are you running? I can't wait to see this one grow out.

I'm running 2x's 150w radium 20k's w/ 2x's 24w T5 Geisemann actinics. The T5's are slightly over driven (Icecap 430) and are in SLR reflectors. I couldn't be happier with this lighting combo over the tank, the colors are crazy. I can't say enough about the radiums, they are fantastic.

These are basically the same lights I was using over my 40 breeder with the exception of a better ballast / reflectors for the T5's.

I did add a pretty cool effect with the lights on this tank that I didn't do on the 40. I have it programmed like this:

12:30pm - 9:30pm T5's on

2:00pm - 6:00pm MH1 (left side) on

4:00pm - 8:00pm MH2 (right side) on

Basically, it not only simulates dawn / dusk, but also the suns movement across the sky.

Archived