ReefCleaners.org

My New 50G Reef

A C

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awesome tank man! i like how you redid you workwork. look a lot better than before...oh yeah an nice nem. ;) good luck with your tank! ;)

Thanks.... Yes at first I moved things around just about every week. But I think I have it the way I want it now . Will See..

Even though your tank has been setup for a few months, I think it is a bit early for a nem. They need very stable aquariums, and your tank is still fully establishing itself. Its the same idea as buying an angelfish. Good luck and adorable clowns.

looking like you are having a good start. And Looking really good.

Your livestock is looking great and healthy.

Keep up the good work and time in your tank.

Will be looking forward on future pix.

That's too bad about the clowns. Is one bigger than the other clearly? They've been in for over a month (according to your thread) so you'd think they'd have battled it out already. Are they aggressive towards each other?

How did you buy them (seperately, as a pair, etc)?

It's possible you got two females, and this would be problematic. maybe you could take the smaller one back and trade it for a significantly smaller perc.

That's too bad about the clowns. Is one bigger than the other clearly? They've been in for over a month (according to your thread) so you'd think they'd have battled it out already. Are they aggressive towards each other?

How did you buy them (seperately, as a pair, etc)?

It's possible you got two females, and this would be problematic. maybe you could take the smaller one back and trade it for a significantly smaller perc.

One is slightly bigger than the other.

They are not aggressive towards each other unless the other one gets too close to the nem. If they are both on the other side of the tank they seem to be friends.

I got them online not from a LFS but I did get them at the same time.

My 2 clowns are starting to play nice and be friends.

P9270024.jpg

And I have 2 new additions to the tank.

Some Green Striped Mushrooms.

P9260009.jpg

And a Toadstool Leather Coral

P9260011.jpg

FTS

P9260016.jpg

Enjoy and thanks for taking a look. So far this has been a lot of fun and a great experience. I have always loved the ocean reefs and now I have a small part of it in my living room.

you're right your light does bring out the colors good.

what type of lighting you're working with.

Lighting

Current Outer Orbit HQI 36" Compact Fluorescent

Metal Halide Lamps: 1x150watt - Power Compact Lamps: 2x96 watt- Lunar Lights: 4 - Watts/Amps: 342/3

The MH is a 10K I have been playing with the idea of going with a 14K but I will hold off until I need to replace the bulb, the CF are actinic (420/460)

I have some new coral to show off. :D

I got some new Ricordea

Ric1.jpg

and I got some new Zoanthids.

Zoa.jpg

this guy is not new but got a nice pic to show.

green.jpg

thanks for taking a look.

redkneecoral

Awesome, you got new rics, loves them. Are all of them in that pic new.

Nice zoas too.

i like those mushies in the last pic. I will get me a few of them like that at some point.

Awesome, you got new rics, loves them. Are all of them in that pic new.

Nice zoas too.

i like those mushies in the last pic. I will get me a few of them like that at some point.

all but the green one are new.

So I don’t have anything new but I have some new pics to show. One is of a Zoa rock I have not shown yet. They did not want to open up for quite some time. But now they are looking nice.

This is the Zoa I have not shown yet.

zoa2.jpg

I moved some of the Ric to a new spot.

ric1-1.jpg

The other Zoa have changed color from when I first got them. They seem more bright now.

zoa3.jpg

Here is a new shot of the Toadstool Leather Coral. As you can see it is doing much better. The LFS I get some coral from does not have very good lighting or water, But they are the only place in town that I can get coral without paying for shipping.

Before

P9260011.jpg

and now :D

leth1.jpg

Today I removed my sump and cleaned everything. I was seeing a lot of brown stuff on the bottom from the initial setup. It looks like a fine brown dust that is lying over the bottom of the sump and pumps. Now that things are running well I wanted to clean that stuff out.

sump1.jpg

FTS

fts1.jpg

So far aside from a missing snail or 2 I have had no deaths. I have not missed any of my weekly water changes and things seem to be doing very well. The Nem has not given me any trouble and seems to be growing quite well.

Thanks for looking.

Archived