inTank Media Baskets

The Official All Solana Owner's Thread

d'Espresso

lpsouth1978

I finished my new LED build a few days ago. I really like the color mix and am glad that I chose to include red and UV LED's. The light has only been above the tank for a few days and already I am seeing colors improve and new growth. The only exception is my pink birdsnest. It is not bleaching but has a lighter pink color. Here are some pictures to show the differences. The first is with the MH above the tank. The second is with the new LED's, white and Royal blue only. The third is the LED's with all colors, white, royal blue, standard blue, red, and UV.

40f05b5f.jpg

a62f4bf4.jpg

657867b5.jpg

Hi guys, I need to change my return pump on my 34G solana and I would like to ask you guys for any type of recommendations. Also, do you guys have any recommendations on top for the tank, I currently using eggcrate or what ever you call it, but I hate how it looks. Thanks.

The maxi jet 900 is only 230GPH, I'm looking for something around 350-400GPH. Thanks for the info

im using the MJ 1200, it works fine though the water level in the display is about 1/8-1/4 inch lower than with the original pump. IM using my original pump down in my cabinet to power a biopellet reactor.

if you want the same pump here is one link

http://www.attictrunk.com/fote3012sufo.html

Thanks guys thats some good info, Jet-X why did you go with the 2000, and does it change the water level in the main tank. I'm changing my current pump because I see that its performance has gone down and the water level have lowered about 1/8-2/8 of an inch. I don't mind the water level being low, but I'm afraid of the pump just dying on me.

Thanks guys thats some good info, Jet-X why did you go with the 2000, and does it change the water level in the main tank. I'm changing my current pump because I see that its performance has gone down and the water level have lowered about 1/8-2/8 of an inch. I don't mind the water level being low, but I'm afraid of the pump just dying on me.

No change in level in main tank that I see. I went with 2000 hoping for better flow and to create better suction in the filter chamber.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
burnofvengeance

One of my circulation pumps died a couple of weeks ago and I have been trying to decide what to go with in my solana. Anyone use the Hydor koralia 750? I was thinking of adding it in with my inTank media basket purchase.

• 1 month later...

My Solana 34 at 6 Months:

6310829402_74af02a7a9_m.jpg

IMG_0311 by Playapixie, on Flickr

Going well so far! Looking to upgrade my LED lighting to either the Ecotech Marine Radion or the Maxspect Mazarra soon. I have been using the Sunbrite Slimline L and find it to be unsatisfactory for a laundry list of reasons. Aside from that, no real issues :-)

Here's my build thread:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=271112

i just re-did my solana scape yesterday. i pulled out all the fish and everything in the tank.

I actually just got a new MP10w and their new Radion Led fixture arrived today. since i dont want to hang it from the ceiling, i ordered the mounting kit from current that they use for their nova fixtures.

should work perfect. then i'll put back my nice rose bta and all my zoas. then i can actually grow some sps finally. i messed with the light for a little and its really really bright and the software is simple still, but good enough to change the colors the way you want and for what times also.

really cool.

I actually just got a new MP10w and their new Radion Led fixture arrived today. since i dont want to hang it from the ceiling, i ordered the mounting kit from current that they use for their nova fixtures.

should work perfect.

I would love to see pics of the Radion installed with the nova mounting fixtures and hear how this is working for you. I'm very close to this upgrade myself, but haven't seen this light live yet. Would be perfect to get an update on this on your Solana!

Thanks!

i will post many pics of it and the difference between the 2 fixtures once i get a mounting rail mounting kit to hang it over the tank. i ordered the one made my current but its backordered so i am gonna buy one from marinedepot. i am itchin to get this bad boy on the tank.

i held it over top and ran it thru the factory settings, and wow is not the right word.

Anyone know where I can purchase the little plastic clips used to hold the glass top in place?

I recently ordered mine from Intanks( media baskets.com). They have them for about $8 for the set.

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning to upgrade to a used Solana, drill it and run a sump. This will be my first time doing plumbing to a sump (currently a NC24). Are there current members that have the same set up now? If so, any recommendations for the sump, plumbing, etc (using the stock stand)?

A little Update --

I found a used Solana with holes already drilled in it. The location of the holes if facing the tank are bottom left corner (floorside) for the drain and bottom right corner (floorside) for the return. Are these ideal locations for a sump setup? I was originally planning to drill a Solana tank on the top left and right side of the back wall for the drain and return, but it is a fairly good deal.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks All!

Edited by Reef Noob
I want to replace my return pump and was wondering what people are using? I have a couple of MJ 1200 and was wondering if that would work? What do you think?

The MJ 1200 is only a max flow of 295 gallons/hr. the stock pump is 400. I used to have an MJ 1200 in mine and it was definitely not as efficient as the stock pump. For whatever reason, the water level in the display tank was a good half-inch lower with the MJ 1200. It also wasn't nearly as good at pulling water through chamber 2. Stick with the stock pump, or replace it with a similar 400gph pump. :-)