Top Shelf Aquatics

GB on 12" cube contest aquariums

simplenough

scooternerd

are we going to be able to build our own tanks for this contest? i dont care about the "prize"

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats not up to me buddy, personally i dont mind.... but its up to the guys actually paying? i dont think it should matter though so long as the dims are the same?

Shoot Me_I Explode

Just sent my payment, looking forward toward my first contest B)

are we going to be able to build our own tanks for this contest? i dont care about the "prize"

I think you should be able to, the more people the merrier. :)

YouKnowBlev
thats not up to me buddy, personally i dont mind.... but its up to the guys actually paying? i dont think it should matter though so long as the dims are the same?

Did you ever get my PMs for another quote?

yea sorry i will get to it now...

Ok so far we have 7 tanks ready to go.... 12X12X9 black false walls, with single return holes for 1/2" bulkhead. Clear Cast Acrylic, and a 9X9X9 cube that will go to the winner of the contest.... anymore takers? you have until friday to get in on this. :).

thanks.

Total of 8 in the GB now....

Please pm me or email me with your NR user name so that I can post or give the names to the OP to update the list of who is in the GB by user name.... and when you make payment please leave a brief comment stating payment for GB cube or of the sort.

thank you.

Erickrm, money has been sent to your paypal. I'm looking forward to getting things rolling. Do you have a general ETA for the tanks? Just to verify, the return hole is 1"1/8, correct?

Simple, are we all going to start the same day (pic proof w/ random object in empty tank) or randomly? Also, what about photo updates...every 2 weeks for the first 4 months, weekly for the final 2 months maybe? We need an official set of rules soon.

Regarding the people that want to build their own tanks, I don't have a problem with it. Obviously, they wouldn't be eligible for the prize, but the more competition the better.

Heyseed there you are lol i got a payment and i am like ummm no comments..... hmm i wonder who it is on NR? lol, ok i will jot you down.

I will be ordering all the tank on Friday night, and will build them all at the same time, well will do as many as i can 1 day at a time.... i have an 8foot X 4foot work table so i should be able to knock out 6 on each side, this will give me enough elbow room :). Build time will be generally about 2 days since i have to give material enough time to full bond before i start moving it around. I will then need an additional few days to leak test make sure none of them have any leaks!

Finally once they are all dry, boxed up and ready to go I will go piss someone off at the shipping store ;) i will go in with just 1 box, and then be like charge me for this X 8 or however many i end up making lol.

Again everyone that has made payment please post on here so that i can verify you.

Thanks.

Gotcha ;)

here is the order of payment, i know im missing someone or i am confusing someone....

Harthag

Isakshu

Simpleenough

Nosser

Bluefunelement X 2 tanks... (1 for his friend & 1 for him)

shoot me I explode

haysee777

wljimbo

I dont want to post real names on here so its the only reason i am concerned with usernames :)

I have 9 total tanks.

bluefunelement

Bluefunelement X 2 tanks... (1 for his friend & 1 for him)

My friend is JoeD - we are excited for this to be our intro to both NR and the MAD GB 12" contest

Sorry about the no comments, Erickrm...I'm not used to the person-to-person aspect of PayPal. It did occur to me after sending payment that I should've indicated what it was for. Please forgive the noobness.

JavaJacketOC

Awww, looks like I got back to NR a day late...and I was just pulling all my unused equipment out from storage. Any chance to still get in on this?

JavaJacketOC

Thought it was yesterday Friday! new project, yay! Can you PM me total cost including shipping to 90604? Thanks

simplenough

Alright i was in mexico for the past week so i couldnt get to the internet.

There's obviously a lot of things that need to be answered.

-As far as building your own tanks, that is fine, just PM erickrm for the exact measurements of EVERYTHING so that they are exactly the same.

-I'll try and get down a set list of rules tomorrow and hopefully start a contest thread, though ive never done this before but im guessing it should go under the "members aquariums" section...

-deadline is this friday, so make sure to get your payments in.

Shoot Me_I Explode

Sounds good simple.

I’ve already started making a canopy for my tank, Hope I factored in enough error so it fits nicely on the tank, going to reuse the innards of an aquapod 12 hood I have laying around to keep the budget down.

Anyone know where I can order the 90 degree elbow pictured on the first page?

Hi bud, hey when you build your canopy please factor in about 1/8th or less error.... although the material will be cut to size sometimes its about 1/8th short bc of the blade and routing. I try to make it as perfect as possible to the dims but nobody is perfect :)

as for the elbow, you can get them at Lowes along with the hose for less than 3 dollars... I can get the elbows at lowes for about $.80 each. the hose is like 33 cents a foot i think. make sure it is 1/2" elbow and 1/2" ID hose.

I hope that helps :).....

simplenough

alright i created an unoffical thread for this contest with the rules. I'm sure i missed something so if you have any recommendations please feel free to post.

I also have a list of the people participating, if you are not on there, post so i can add you.

Here is the link

Thanks.

I'm in for sure. What's that come out to be like 6-7 gallons? And when is the order? I'm looking for a new tank, but I'd like to get started soon.

Archived