Coral Vue Hydros

GB on 12" cube contest aquariums

simplenough

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the GB price of $54 and what about shipping to SoCal? I have never tried a contest on here so I think I'm in!

simplenough

then you start a second one, so as to have two 12" cubes that rule.

as for shipping, PM erickrm with your zip code so he can tell you exactly how much. It's pretty cheap.

Hello everyone for everyones knowledge so far the highest shipping price i have encountered to california is about 16 dollars. Then you have your box which is around 4-5 dollars its actually just at 5 dollars, then the peanuts about 2dollars after tax.

I think you guys shoudl start a thread in the DIY forum or something? with the MAD Custome Cube contest!? lol... j/k whatever you guys would like to name it, but so that you all can keep track of everyone in the contest :) setup your rules to the T as far as lighting, and what not is concerend.

If you are further east from California your shipping should be cheaper since you will be getting closer to me, unless you are in a very remote area.

If you need quote please pm me,

thank you.

simplenough

moto826 i guess it would be okay to use the sunpod. It might be a little unfair, but then again it would suck to have to buy a new light just to be in the contest. I think i might just take off the limit on the light, since it is a small tank so there's only so much you can spend on a light, and some people want to make this there main tank so it would suck to limit them as far as that... if enough people are against it then i'll put the limit back, but for now ill leave it off

edit: erick also could you keep us updated on how many people have paid so far? thanks.

Can we lay out some guidelines or expectations for the contest? I think removing the $ limit on the light is a good idea as not everyone had DIY skills and 70w MH fixtures run $150 or so.

So far we have:

1. Use the 12" AIO cube from MAD

2. 6 month timeline before voting

Anything else?

Shoot Me_I Explode

I’m so in on this, I missed the last two contests. Pm me info, shipping to 27613.

Kelsey

simplenough

As for rules i think they should be:

-use 12" cube with AIO

- no sump

-6 month timeline for voting.

That's really all i can think of for now. if any one has any other suggestions please PM me with them or post them on here.

$200 dollar live stock limit (give or take), including "guesstimated" prices for live stock used from existing tanks.

It keeps people from spending a grand on the nicest coral possible.

Just a suggestion.

You could also limit what is used for filtration, that way its all skillz. A bit more rediculous, just throwing out ideas.

Archived