Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Zoo's with yellow threads?

TheDoughboy

TheDoughboy

I tried using the search function with no luck. Looking for info on the yellow strings or threads on my zoo frag. The frag has been in the tank about 4 months and I noticed the yellow threads about a month ago. I never saw anything on them when the frag was first put into the tank. Maybe they are creeping out from under the frag plug?

Not sure if they are good or bad, but I don't like the looks of them and don't want to disturb the sand under them just yet, just in case they might spread. They are not micro brittle stars or the like that I can ID. With the pumps off and a still water column, I can see the threads wiggle and move. So maybe I have some kind of worm here, but I really do not know and need a lil help. Anyone here have or come across these things before?

Here is a pic...

zooswithyellowthreads.jpg

looks like zoo's with cheato growing with them to me weird

It may be a man eating toxic worm though and you may want to send them to me for further testing and disposal. :P:lol:

TheDoughboy

I think you guys are right on the spaghetti worm thing. from what I have been able to research so far it looks to be the same. It's definitly not cheato :lol:

Thanks for the fast id help!

DB

I think you guys are right on the spaghetti worm thing. from what I have been able to research so far it looks to be the same. It's definitly not cheato :lol:

Thanks for the fast id help!

DB

Dang I can't foolz u.

I have those worms ALL OVER my 20H. So many that I'm about ready to start plucking a few out.

Nice zoas by the way.

TheDoughboy
I have those worms ALL OVER my 20H. So many that I'm about ready to start plucking a few out.

Nice zoas by the way.

Thanks! I have no idea on what those zoas are called. I can't remember all the silly names people give them. :lol:

Yeah, I need to read up on those worms to see how they reproduce, 1 or 2 in my 24g will be enough. I don't want the whole tank covered in little yellow spaghetti strings like where your at now...

Where's the zoo with yellow.............................

oh you mean zoas

Looks like we have similar substrate as well. The reason I don't like the worms is that they make giant mountains of sand all over the place, I'm always going in and flattening it out. What they are doing is actually very useful, just annoying since I have so many now.

TheDoughboy

If they stay in the sand then that would be best. I just read they can irritate corals and make them close up. Anyone here experience that? They sound like good cleaners though.

My plethora of spaghetti worms are actually kind of cool. Like bristle worms, I think they are superior to hermits in every way. They don't even bother my rather finicky GSP.

Haha you should try pulling one out of the sand Seiryoku. Lets just call it "interesting." It'll rebury itself in no time. so don't worry about that. Just another fascinating hitch hiker IMO

Most of mine are in rocks. They'll stretch out and grab the sand, piling it up next to their rock.

There are two that I can recall near zoas in my 20H. One of them just strings out in between the zoas, not bothering them at all. The other causes them to close up and get pissy.

Have you ever seen whats on the other end of those tentacles? Disgusting in the coolest of ways.

Fondle fondle.

Don't lie, you know seeing that worm was the shiznit.

Isn't that the one with the invisble hands and crap that mutilate people?

How the hell do I know that!?

I need to stop talking to Kaylyn, thats why.

Isn't that the one with the invisble hands and crap that mutilate people?

How the hell do I know that!?

I need to stop talking to Kaylyn, thats why.

Yes it is! If they ever make a second season...oh man. The manga is pretty bad ass too.

Best Anime Ever!!!

Anime is geyh.

Big eyes, some one's all way whining, interior monolouges. I'll stick with The Simpsons, Family Guy, maybe some random crap on Cartoon Network. I'm big on Bones and CSI, except CSI Miami.

Well this was blown way of topic.

The yellow threads are Spaghetti Worms.

No biggie. Case closed.

Archived