inTank Media Baskets

MedRed's 34 Gallon Solana (R.I.P. 01/07/2010)

MedRed

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
don't be so modest. Your tank is awesome. I wish my hammer would extend like yours does.

If all I have going for me is my hammer... :huh:

B)

Thanks bro!

Dayum! i see you got your swag-on! keep them coming med.. i like that dro u got there! i call first dibs on them when you grow and frag them out bro. :) cool!

If all I have going for me is my hammer... :huh:

B)

Thanks bro!

lol no! but it and your white tipped gorg are a point of jealousy for me. lol

Dayum! i see you got your swag-on! keep them coming med.. i like that dro u got there! i call first dibs on them when you grow and frag them out bro. :) cool!

lol! Thank you d'Espresso.

You probably didn't know about my 3gallon pico huh? i just put it on my signature haha.

I'd just noticed it. I thought "3 gallon pico? what?" lol

Time, lots of time. The back of mine is almost full, the front, not so much, go figure that the part that everyone sees never grows..

I would have to agree...the ric rock is sweet!

Nice tank!

Drool over your rics wish mine was colorful as yours!

Thank you guys!

Time, lots of time. The back of mine is almost full, the front, not so much, go figure that the part that everyone sees never grows..

I'm surprised ricordeas are so slow growing... I thought mushrooms were supposed to grow at plague proportions. Do you feed your ricordeas directly? mine never seem to eat if I do place something on them.

On another note. The dendro polyp to the left is MASSIVE! I'd not seen it fully open until last night.

Haha wow u should take a picture when the dendro bloom out. How much u paid for that?

I know! Something compelled me to check out the tank long after lights out. The one Dendro polyp was massive. I checked it this morning and it'd shrunk down again. I need a camera that can take pictures of a tank on moonlights.

My Gorg is opening up more during the daytime

2lniyaq.jpg

I'd also been wanting to add a crab to my tank really badly, but I wanted something reef safe. I was worried about hermits eating my snails and emeralds eating everything else. I was at my LFS yesterday and noticed a couple of curious crabs. They'd come in with their emeralds. I scurried home and looked them up. Porcelain crabs! I bought both of them today. I'm happy to have crab representation in my tank.

aowbgp.jpg

2i29axf.jpg

Here's a quick, crappy video of one of them immediately filter feeding after being added to the tank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRVnebiaRNw

Rics are very slow growers, they are not like other mushrooms like yumas. The only way to speed them up would be to cut across the mouth them and force propagation. See it done here, never done it myself.

I know! Something compelled me to check out the tank long after lights out. The one Dendro polyp was massive. I checked it this morning and it'd shrunk down again. I need a camera that can take pictures of a tank on moonlights.

My Gorg is opening up more during the daytime

2lniyaq.jpg

I'd also been wanting to add a crab to my tank really badly, but I wanted something reef safe. I was worried about hermits eating my snails and emeralds eating everything else. I was at my LFS yesterday and noticed a couple of curious crabs. They'd come in with their emeralds. I scurried home and looked them up. Porcelain crabs! I bought both of them today. I'm happy to have crab representation in my tank.

aowbgp.jpg

2i29axf.jpg

Here's a quick, crappy video of one of them immediately filter feeding after being added to the tank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRVnebiaRNw

Porcelain Crabs are awesome. I have one in my tank and it's alot of fun to watching him try to get the best spot during feeding time. It took mine a while to get use to the the tank. Now he eats straight from the syringe when ever I feed.

Rics are very slow growers, they are not like other mushrooms like yumas. The only way to speed them up would be to cut across the mouth them and force propagation. See it done here, never done it myself.

SCARY!!! :scarry:

I'll let them grow out naturally

Porcelain Crabs are awesome. I have one in my tank and it's alot of fun to watching him try to get the best spot during feeding time. It took mine a while to get use to the the tank. Now he eats straight from the syringe when ever I feed.

That's awesome! They're currently out, but around the side of the tank.

What coral is that pinkish red with the white hair looking things? That is beautiful. I really love your set up. It is make me re think my current scape a little bit. Also, how do you keep your black wall so clean? Toothbrush it?

Hey atlweb, that's a non photosynthetic gorgonian. I'm scraping the back wall and using a toothbrush. I'm losing the coralline war. The back wall is textured and is a nightmare to keep clean. I will not be able to keep it free of coralline. I wish i knew about the smooth acrylic wall mod ahead of time.

WOW your tank is smokin. I haven't checked it out in a while. It's looking awesome and clean. I really dig your scape and that gorg.

Archived