SaltCritters.com

MedRed's 34 Gallon Solana (R.I.P. 01/07/2010)

MedRed

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, adjust the gate valve so that more water flows into it. That might help. If it doesn't, then make less water go into it. Just mess with it until you find the sweet spot.

1337TANKHAX

Your mystery coral is leptastrea :)

And that frag of magician paly's is awesome. My magicians are my favorite out of my z's and p's.

Yeah, adjust the gate valve so that more water flows into it. That might help. If it doesn't, then make less water go into it. Just mess with it until you find the sweet spot.

yeah I hadn't messed with the gate. i'd read to leave the gate all the way open. I'll play with it and see what I get.

Your mystery coral is leptastrea :)

And that frag of magician paly's is awesome. My magicians are my favorite out of my z's and p's.

That's it! thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Everything seems to be doing well. Tank params are looking great. You'll probably notice I'm no longer rimless :-(. It was a good trade off to make sure the fish stayed in and the evaporation stayed down. Some notes on feeding:

The jawfish is relentless with the baster. He owns the baster until he's full. He's really picky with pieces that float by him. If it's something that he doesn't want... he blows it away from him with a puff... comical to watch.

The Clownfish do not like frozen food. They show interest and then they don't even try eating it. They go nuts for hikari micro pellets though.

The Tailspot is the best eater. He's such a good house keeper. He will not poop in his roost. He will always swim away, poop, and then return.

I'd noticed the Jawfish was collecting rubble. I thought i'd help him out by moving all of it in front of his house last night. He hasn't touched any of it since I moved it.

I'm having a hard time finding new, interesting softies and LPS corals. I really want to find 3 more interesting zoas, 2 more multi colored ricordeas, a flourescent yellow torch (LFS was babysitting one for someone but it bit the dust :-( I was hoping for a frag), and maybe some really eyecatching acans, and maybe a plate. I really want this tank to be a mixture of nice colors and textures. The search continues!

2qjb1bo.jpg

Family Portrait! you can see two astreas around the jawfish that were evicted from crawling on his house.

2nlwm4w.jpg

Ric Rock

2zsbbyd.jpg

New Crocea

15yzzpt.jpg

Zoo Zone. I need 3 more interesting zoas to add

nodleb.jpg

New Blasto

2wnwa2x.jpg

First SPS...

2d7ucyg.jpg

2nko306.jpg

mild rescape today to better incorporate the jawfish house into the scape. I also dropped my brand new acan frag behind my scape. I just didn't feel like tearing the whole thing apart. SUCKAGE!

New Update:

pardon my pictures this go around... my skimmer is spitting out mad bubbles at the moment. The tank looks a little cloudy, but it's all micro bubbles. Added 2 new acans and a sour apple bird's nest. As you can see, I've integrated the jawfish house into the scape. I built up LR around it and filled sand inbetween the barnacle and the LR. The jawfish has been moving rubble all day long.

2h84w0h.jpg

Overhead:

2r736h2.jpg

Right hand side:

2i0tesm.jpg

Left Hand side:

m3uxz.jpg

New Acans and old Leptastrea:

kd0tg8.jpg

New Zoas (Thanks Big Mac!):

66jgjl.jpg

New Birdsnest:

orqjv5.jpg

Gonoipora:

2ahfi4l.jpg

Close Up Left side (my last remaining byropsis lives here)

2dhxyyu.jpg

Sweet Hatian Ric (thanks Mac Attack!)

29b2441.jpg

Ric Rock

vnigpv.jpg

Mr. Man's new man made digs:

2zsw3k3.jpg

new project debuting tomorrow ;-)

mysis, rod's food, cyclops, and some other frozen food i don't remember the name of... lol

looks great! i just got a gonni that isnt in the best of shape... only payed 5$ like 10 polyp things...but its getting better

I've heard the green ones are the hardest to take care of.

yep.... heard that too.... but hell it was 5$ and the person i bought it from has been keeping them for 3+years. so if i do see it starting to decline ill give it back to him.

thx i love my new aquascape .....i also love the fact that you burnt your apistasia with a lighter lol.

u have a jawfish too...do you have any pics, i couldnt see him and "his house" in the above pics?

ok i kinda see the house is this made of anything special like tubing ?

I made him a house using this thread. It's pvc. I just recently tarted it up to hide it a little better. It's funny... it's 1:34 am... and he's sitting there looking at me.

I'm considering a pair of Helfrichi Firefish to finish out my fish selection... anyone else have any ideas for something small, peaceful, beautiful, and open water?

You got some of those sweet haitian orange rics too! Are those firecracker zoas? What all did you get from him?

I did! they are angry at the moment. Need to wait for them to open up. I picked up these from Mac Daddy:

Purple and blue rainbow ric

Haitian ric

grateful deads

Lord of the Rings

Orang Bam Bams

Archived