Top Shelf Aquatics

Chris' 2.5 gallon AGA

ulver982

I had posted my tank in the member's aquarium section, but didn't seem to get any love, so I figured, since this is a pico tank, I'd post here.

Anywho, just started the tank towards the end of May or so. Since then, I've added a Coralife 36watt fixture, Iceprobe, Aqualifter which I use as an ATO, and just recently a Reefkeeper lite, which is awesome. Here is my first thread:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=198455&hl=

Here's a few updated shots...my leather coral isn't what it was when I first got it, but it's starting to open up again, I hear those things can be kinda picky sometimes. Other than that leather, I have some zoas, green star polyps, and xenia.

DSCF0641.jpg

DSCF0639.jpg

DSCF0640.jpg

Tell me what you think.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CrownOfficial

looks good,

nice scape! you sure do have alot of room in there for those corals to grow out.

do you plan on adding any more?

What type of lights are you using. The tank is looking good. Could we have the specs?

Ya, I want my corals to grow out a bit, and I do plan on getting more. I want to get some frogspawn and ricordia for sure, and probably some more zoas.

Here's the specs:

Hardware:

12" Coralife 2x18 PC with 2 50/50 bulbs

Iceprobe mounted on an Aquaclear 20

Red Sea Nano filter with live rock rubble and cheato

Hydor/Proaquatics 25 watt heater

Aqualifter for ATO

Reefkeeper Lite

Livestock:

~1lb CaribSea live sand..I never liked the look of a ton of sand in small tanks.

3.5lbs live rock

3 Astrea snails

2 hermit crabs

2 Nassirus snails

I do plan on getting a clown goby sometime in the near future.

lookin good i like the setup nice and roomey,

whats behind the light? in the box

That's the ballast on top of my light fixture. I couldn't fit the light any other way.

I ordered a DIY ATO from aquahub.com and just put it together today. Took some time to do, but it's working great. I don't really lose much water due to having a lid, but now I don't have to worry about setting my aqualifter on a timer, now everything in this little tank is gonna be really stable.

DSCF0666.jpg

Here's where the relay and relay socket are mounted.

DSCF0667.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I just put my setup to the test...I had to leave it alone for a week. I came back and everything is just like the way I left it, except for some new coraline and coral growth :). I was so releaved, now it's time for a water change...

Oops....I deleted my post...

I've got 3 snails and 2 hermit crabs in there. I plan to get a clown goby and some sexy shrimp in there sometime soon.

I'm gonna be trimming/fragging my green nephthea soon..it's a beast in my little tank!

Your tank is looking really nice. I like the variation of coral you have achieved. With my limited space it is slightly harder. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my LED lights on the tank last night, so far they look great!! I'm running 12 LEDs, 6 white/6 royal blues.

DSCF0685.jpg

DSCF0686.jpg

DSCF0688.jpg

DSCF0691.jpg

DSCF0690.jpg

I know, it's messy right now, I'm moving soon, so I have a stand built to the put the tank on, and it'll clean things up a bit. This holds my buckpucks and pots for dimming the whites and blues. There's disconnects for the power to the buckpucks and power supply. It's not hooked up yet, but that's where the future controller is going into to control/dim my LEDs.

Good stuff. Add it to the list.

What are your plans for a controller? Seeing as you are using an RKL, it shouldn't be too hard to make an interface circuit to make use of the ALC when it becomes compatible.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks! I like the regular yellow clown gobies. Hopefully I can find one at a LFS. I also want to get some sexies in there. I love my coral, but I need to liven up the tank a bit.

Archived