ReefCleaners.org

NappyRootz 12G Cadlights!

NappyRoots

i say, thats a pretty good deal.. and go for it...

like i said, its really a matter of what kind of corals you gonna get, and if you need the extra light go for it... there's another thread, with both peeps owning cadlights, with 150 mh fixture, and they happy with it...

but u definetly gotta buy a heater =), its a must if you going the 150w way...

lol, you mean a fan right? btw, i really like the look of your tank!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol, you mean a fan right? btw, i really like the look of your tank!

yes, i meant a fan, or 2 =), you can buy some computer ones, they are quite good and inexpensive...

and thx, im looking to buy more rocks, but thinking bout it, wanna leave some space for my fishysss =)

yes, i meant a fan, or 2 =), you can buy some computer ones, they are quite good and inexpensive...

and thx, im looking to buy more rocks, but thinking bout it, wanna leave some space for my fishysss =)

well, you've convinced me to get the tank. I'll post my own cadlights 12 thread when i get it! keep us updated on your tank too, its turning out great!

well, you've convinced me to get the tank. I'll post my own cadlights 12 thread when i get it! keep us updated on your tank too, its turning out great!

im glad i did, u wont regret it... and thats coming from a guy who ordered a tank far far away... so it has to be good right hehe?

Some of the fellow-reefers who contributed in my decision to order this tank...

They are all 12g cad buyers ..

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...96338&st=20

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=155590

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=172031

I'll sure keep it updated, ill try at least...

Have fun and good luck...! :P

I just placed my order for the tank. Came out to about $320 shipped with the mh light. I hope its not going to be overkill! Ships out on friday and once it arrives i'll post pics for anyone curious about how the light looks.

Nano sapiens

Nice to see you bought the tank! Good luck with the cycling period. You most likely will see a few types of algae bloom and then die off which typically happens during this period.

Nano sapiens
I just placed my order for the tank. Came out to about $320 shipped with the mh light. I hope its not going to be overkill! Ships out on friday and once it arrives i'll post pics for anyone curious about how the light looks.

My main reason for staying with the stock lighting is minimal heat from the T5s. 150W of MH is going to put out quite a bit of heat, but if you can control the temperature then you should be able to keep just about anything you want to.

nice!!, price is just as good.. i got it for $375 (w/o 150w mh), but then again... i live in central america... ur gonna be just fine... just control ur temp settings as nano sapiens said... ur gonna love the tank, you MUST take pictures right from the box ok? hahah

have a good one...

Did you get the algae under control? I had algae problems for the longest time, and recently got rid of it for good! (Knock on wood) But what really kept the algae away was keeping my mag up, when it fell, algae grew. Good luck

Did you get the algae under control? I had algae problems for the longest time, and recently got rid of it for good! (Knock on wood) But what really kept the algae away was keeping my mag up, when it fell, algae grew. Good luck

still some brown algae, and little green ones... pardon my ignorance, by mag u mean magnesium right? how do i keep it up?

thx for caring =)

by mag u mean magnesium right? how do i keep it up?

thx for caring =)

Yeah mag is Magnesium, and i dose aquavitro Ions, but there's also a product called Lugol's that works well too, and no problem algae was such a pain, so any advice i can give i will!

Yeah mag is Magnesium, and i dose aquavitro Ions, but there's also a product called Lugol's that works well too, and no problem algae was such a pain, so any advice i can give i will!

great, ill see if they sell that in the lfs...!!!they mustt... haha

thx a lot!! , i was really lost...:D

great, ill see if they sell that in the lfs...!!!they mustt... haha

thx a lot!! , i was really lost...

No problem... Good Luck

nice!!, price is just as good.. i got it for $375 (w/o 150w mh), but then again... i live in central america... ur gonna be just fine... just control ur temp settings as nano sapiens said... ur gonna love the tank, you MUST take pictures right from the box ok? hahah

have a good one...

yeah, i was concerned about the heat too, but i was probably going to upgrade the light in the future to mh anyways, albeit a 70watt, but considering buying a light separately later down the line would cost close to $150 anyways, i figured this would save me money in the long run. I just need to get a fan like you said! I should get a good feel for the temp swings while the tank is cycling, and i will definitely take many pics!

I talked to eddie from cadlights and he told me the light will clamp onto the back glass wall and hangs a good ten inches over the the tank. hopefully i wont see a huge temp swing since the tank will not have a cover over it.

yeah, i was concerned about the heat too, but i was probably going to upgrade the light in the future to mh anyways, albeit a 70watt, but considering buying a light separately later down the line would cost close to $150 anyways, i figured this would save me money in the long run. I just need to get a fan like you said! I should get a good feel for the temp swings while the tank is cycling, and i will definitely take many pics!

I talked to eddie from cadlights and he told me the light will clamp onto the back glass wall and hangs a good ten inches over the the tank. hopefully i wont see a huge temp swing since the tank will not have a cover over it.

take a look at the links i gave ya... theres people who manage to solve the heating issues with 150w mh in a 12g cad...trust me, i dont think its gonna be an issue...

anywho... i hope it does good for you, that way ill be purchasing oen in the future =)

and definetely, ull have to monitor the temp swings while cycling, thats the best time to do it...

cant wait till u get the tank =).. i just wanna ''read'' ur expression.... like OMG!!! hahah

take care

guys, i need better flow, i purchased a maxijet mp1200 but its too much for the tank, lotta sandstorms, any suggestions?

stock pump is ok, but i want to increase the times the tank cycles in an hour, and also increase the flow considerably =)

Amazing tank!

thx man... =) !!! ty also for lookin at the thread =)

Ok, so its 2:30a.m.

Couldnt sleep until doing something about the pump... i replaced the stock pump of the tank, with the maxijet mp1200...

Problems...Not running as expected... ok.. so it is doing more waves, more flow, i can see that, but now im testing the stock pump as an additional pump and it has a lot of power as the maxijet had... my question is, the maxijet power is much less than the one it had... so, could it be something in the tubing? or maybe cuz the tube is long, is not same as direct flow? but still throwing more than stock pump cuz it has more gph?

i dunno if u guys get were im going...

if anyone knows plz answer me, cuz i got no clue hehehe....im happy with the flow right now, although, i wish it had a lil bit more...

+ added !!

chaeto in chamber #2 ... i manage to grab some light from my old tank...so im using that!! :P

andddddddddddddd........!

a Six-Line wrasse.. will be posting pictures shortly...

''she'' is 1.5 inches... and soooooooo pretty...

Thinking about 2 clowns with this six line wrasse and a yellow clown goby, hope it doesnt get agressive...

My other options are to trade back the six line to the lfs, and get a mandarin which they train them to eat frozen mysis.. and a yellow clown goby...!

Still dunno what to do =)

+ added !!

chaeto in chamber #2 ... i manage to grab some light from my old tank...so im using that!! :P

andddddddddddddd........!

a Six-Line wrasse.. will be posting pictures shortly...

''she'' is 1.5 inches... and soooooooo pretty...

Thinking about 2 clowns with this six line wrasse and a yellow clown goby, hope it doesnt get agressive...

My other options are to trade back the six line to the lfs, and get a mandarin which they train them to eat frozen mysis.. and a yellow clown goby...!

Still dunno what to do =)

nice, i used to have a sixline wrasse in my 75 gallon seaclear tank (the tank that has the sump built into the back like the AIO nano tanks, and he disappeared one day. months later when i sold the tank I found him in one of the back compartments still alive and well! do you worry about your fish jumping and going carpet surfing? i have that fear but still didnt buy the top cover thinking that the tank will over heat. also, do the snails ever crawl over into the back compartments in your tank? i wish there was an option to add a lip or something that covers like 2 inches into the tank so jumpers could be slightly contained. im not a real good diy person.

nice, i used to have a sixline wrasse in my 75 gallon seaclear tank (the tank that has the sump built into the back like the AIO nano tanks, and he disappeared one day. months later when i sold the tank I found him in one of the back compartments still alive and well! do you worry about your fish jumping and going carpet surfing? i have that fear but still didnt buy the top cover thinking that the tank will over heat. also, do the snails ever crawl over into the back compartments in your tank? i wish there was an option to add a lip or something that covers like 2 inches into the tank so jumpers could be slightly contained. im not a real good diy person.

Well i did buy the canopy, u recommend me setting it up? they are jumpers? ive seen this guy all day, and he is swimming everywhere, but doesnt go up at all...

About the snails, i havent add any yet, the lfs ran out of corals, fish and snails, so i gotta wait 2-3 weeks.. never thought of that though...and its a good point, i guess im gonna have to put the canopy... well regarding the canopy, u can take the measures of the top of the tank with a cardboard... and send it to those acrylyc shops and they can easily make you a nice transparent cover... or, u can buy an acrylic and diy, =)

theres a lot of bright ideas out there, im sure ull figure something out...

question... i got the wrasse cuz its the only small fish in the lfs, im planning of adding 2 clowns and a yellow clown goby, they get territorial and agressive right? cuz if thats what happens, then ill ditch it and get a mandarin, yellow clown goby and that it...

Well i did buy the canopy, u recommend me setting it up? they are jumpers? ive seen this guy all day, and he is swimming everywhere, but doesnt go up at all...

About the snails, i havent add any yet, the lfs ran out of corals, fish and snails, so i gotta wait 2-3 weeks.. never thought of that though...and its a good point, i guess im gonna have to put the canopy... well regarding the canopy, u can take the measures of the top of the tank with a cardboard... and send it to those acrylyc shops and they can easily make you a nice transparent cover... or, u can buy an acrylic and diy, =)

theres a lot of bright ideas out there, im sure ull figure something out...

question... i got the wrasse cuz its the only small fish in the lfs, im planning of adding 2 clowns and a yellow clown goby, they get territorial and agressive right? cuz if thats what happens, then ill ditch it and get a mandarin, yellow clown goby and that it...

i dont know if the 6 lines are notorious jumpers, but they are very inquisitve. he would constantly check out the gate for the overflow that flowed into the back sump looking for things to eat. i'm guessing mine got too close and jumped over the top of the gate and got trapped back there. if i had the glass cover i would definately use it if i had fish since some of them are kinda pricey and it would suck to lose one. thats a good idea about the cardboard stencil thing i just might have to try it out and place a lip around the tank once/if i get fish. i really just want to focus on coral and inverts, but i'm sure i'll put fish in at some point.

my sixline wasnt really that territorial with the other fish in my tank, but he had a lot of space to swim in. my strawberry basslet on the other hand was a real terror. i didnt know how aggressive that darn fish was and just bought him on impulse. it was near impossible for me to catch him with all of the rockwork so i just left him in there.

i dont know if the 6 lines are notorious jumpers, but they are very inquisitve. he would constantly check out the gate for the overflow that flowed into the back sump looking for things to eat. i'm guessing mine got too close and jumped over the top of the gate and got trapped back there. if i had the glass cover i would definately use it if i had fish since some of them are kinda pricey and it would suck to lose one. thats a good idea about the cardboard stencil thing i just might have to try it out and place a lip around the tank once/if i get fish. i really just want to focus on coral and inverts, but i'm sure i'll put fish in at some point.

my sixline wasnt really that territorial with the other fish in my tank, but he had a lot of space to swim in. my strawberry basslet on the other hand was a real terror. i didnt know how aggressive that darn fish was and just bought him on impulse. it was near impossible for me to catch him with all of the rockwork so i just left him in there.

yeah, i guess ill use the canopy, its was $19.99, so i gotta put it to some use... but somewhow, i was measuring it on top of the tank, and it seems smaller... ill take pictures later on of this... maybe im to stupid i dunno how its set-up hehe...

damn, i ran into some money problems and had to cancel my order on the tank :( its packed and ready to go, so hopefully i can get my stuff together and push the order through later next week...

i may just opt for the regular t5 setup for close to $200 shipped if i cant get my finances up.

damn, i ran into some money problems and had to cancel my order on the tank :( its packed and ready to go, so hopefully i can get my stuff together and push the order through later next week...

i may just opt for the regular t5 setup for close to $200 shipped if i cant get my finances up.

sad to hear that...yeah, ull be fine with t5s, and actinic blues are sexy B) ...

just took the cbs out... he was picking on my six-line...but she wouldnt let him cuz she fast... nevertheless I took him out... evil evil evil shrimp...!

Archived