SaltCritters.com

Comprehensive DIY LED Project List

evilc66

How could you not post thread link Nips? I'd like to see that sexay light with lights off. Very impressive comparison to MH

Theres a picture floating around somewhere in the sponsor specials section

What I would ask of you is one or two pictures posted, with a brief description of the setup with a link to your build thread if you have one. I will try and categorize everything in this post as they get submitted.

;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is the link to My LED build. The light sits above an Aqueon/AGA 2.5 acrylic tank. I used 3 Boyal Blues and 2 Cool Whites. A 700mA and a 1000mA Buckpucks. Heatsink is 8.5x2 and it sits in a gutted ZooMed reptile lamp housing. I am using a Potrans 24v 6A power supply. All in all, it wasn't difficult. The hardest part was learning about it so I felt comfortable enough to do it. :) The light sits on the tank I am using in the PICO contest.

OK, enough jabbering! Here's some pics!

IMG_4279.jpg

IMG_4275.jpg

IMG_4270.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by Apoptosis
  • 2 weeks later...
DivineStyler
:huh: that's not even DIY and you posted a link to RC? WTF?

We have a pretty active DIY LED movement going on here at Nano-Reef and it's starting to become a little hard to find all of the fantastic builds that everyone has done so far. We have a lot more builds coming in the future, so it would be great to get a comprehensive list of everyones projects so far. Even if you have purchased a fixture from myself or somewhere else, I'd like it listed.

Add me to the list...

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=231213

30 GAL Shallow LED "Lagoon" wit 73W EcoXotic LED fixture and 2 x 6W LED "Stunner Strips" for a total lighting footprint of 85W.

I realize English is probably not your first language, but atleast try to understand what you're talking about if you're going to act like a d!@k. This thread is about promoting LED technology in reef aquarium, not just people who DIY (as specified in Evil66's original post). Thanks in advance.

The intent originally was for people to post fixtures that were built by others, and not commercial. Seeing as I didn't specify, I'll take it anyway. Anyone else who is running AI, Ecolamps, PFO, CoralSky, Nanocustoms or other fixtures/retros is welcome to post as well. I just hope that all of this LED goodness can inspire someone else to take the leap.

DivineStyler
The intent originally was for people to post fixtures that were built by others, and not commercial. Seeing as I didn't specify, I'll take it anyway. Anyone else who is running AI, Ecolamps, PFO, CoralSky, Nanocustoms or other fixtures/retros is welcome to post as well. I just hope that all of this LED goodness can inspire someone else to take the leap.

Thanks! I think that will be very helpful. Speaking personally, I had a hard time finding anyone actually running the fixture I have. I like to think I'm somewhat of a pioneer for this fixture!

I'm sure I'll be upgrading the drivers or other components to make it more of a "DIY" fixture...

I think you can start a LED tank thread for the people who purchased commercial products. The title of this thread is DIY LED Projects, not hey I bought an LED and put it over my tank. Everyone here worked really hard on their project which brings a sense of pride to a group of people. Allowing a commercial product into the group is like going to a custom car show and seeing some fool who purchased a kit car already assembled or an expensive sports car who thinks he is apart of the gang. Sure they let him in but everyone secretly thinks the guy should leave.

Edited by Qwiv
I think you can start a LED tank thread for the people who purchased commercial products. The title of this thread is DIY LED Projects, not hey I bought an LED and put it over my tank. Everyone here worked really hard on their project which brings a sense of pride to a group of people. Allowing a commercial product into the group is like going to a custom car show and seeing some fool who purchased a kit car already assembled or an expensive sports car who thinks he is apart of the gang. Sure they let him in but everyone secretly thinks the guy should leave.

Aye, I second this

^ bad pirate joke