Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Uhuru's NPS Elos Mini

Uhuru

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nick's Reef

Awesome scape, I love the shimmer of leds too, one of the LFS is slowly switching from halides to leds and the difference is amazing.

thats awsome tank

is it just me or does the rock work look like a E??

ha filling up ur tank at 3 in the mronin lol

thanks! It does indeed look like an E!

lol when we get a full frontal shot the rockwork is going to spell "elos" lol

haha, seriously, if you look hard, you can make out an ELOS...

Awesome scape, I love the shimmer of leds too, one of the LFS is slowly switching from halides to leds and the difference is amazing.

Yeah, the shimmer is >> than MH for sure due to the multiple dots. It helps that I have an MP40w making waves too :)

So here are some more pics. Tank is still a little cloudy. Might be from bacterial bloom.

DSC02171.jpg

I wish I had a video camera but hopefully this gives an idea of the little wave I got going:

DSC02170.jpg

DSC02169.jpg

DSC02166.jpg

normally a wave on a rimless tank would scare the crap out of me but I trust elos....

After working up close on this tank, scraping away coralline and such, I must say the silicone work is flawless. I don't see a single imperfection. The plumbing that comes with the tank is the way all reef ready tanks should be... the fittings have rubber gaskets built in, and everything just fits so effortlessly.

the top shelf gets some crazy flow, I'm thinking of putting a fuzzy acro there... but most of the tank will be lps, possibly some NPS stuff in the shade

Nick's Reef
the top shelf gets some crazy flow, I'm thinking of putting a fuzzy acro there... but most of the tank will be lps, possibly some NPS stuff in the shade

yeah, a nice millie or prostata (sp?) would be awesome up there, maybe a red planet to table off it but it's too close to the light for a red planet, it'll lose all the green.

yeah that's what I had in mind... It will be a while before I add any sps though

do you think I would be taking too big of a risk putting an rbta in there?

Nick's Reef
yeah that's what I had in mind... It will be a while before I add any sps though

do you think I would be taking too big of a risk putting an rbta in there?

Don't think so, the LFS keeps nems in a 40brd with leds over it, flow might piss it off though.

It looks exactly the same but the water is clearer, and there is some bacterial film visible in certain areas. I think I'm gonna do a w/c tomorrow though then I'll take new pics.

• 1 month later...
just finished filling her up. I'm tired! teaser pic:

DSC02156.jpg

LED is glorious. You can see little blue and white dots dancing around on the sand, it's like there's a disco ball above.

in that picture is the sillicone sealed all the way??? if you look at the corner u c like a little gap?? idk it might just be me haha but the tank looks great

thanks! nothing much to show right now, I am going through a bit of an algae bloom so I added a few snails, but need to wait for my LFS to get in another shipment.

I would really like to get people's suggestions on what fish to add at this point. I was thinking some gobies but honestly don't know much about which ones are compatible, easy to feed, etc. I don't want anything that is dependent on live pods or sand sifters or anything like that. A blenny would be cool too but I don't know if it would kill the gobies.

Tailspot Blenny is a great fish.

Yashia Goby w/ pistol maybe

Panda Goby is cute

Don't know if you like wrasses but a sixline would be cool

Caribbean Red Banded Goby

cool thanks for the suggestions... I will look into the blenny and gobies. I like the sixlines but I think there is too much potential for him to become a bully with all the little gobies.

cool thanks for the suggestions... I will look into the blenny and gobies. I like the sixlines but I think there is too much potential for him to become a bully with all the little gobies.

I think a trio of trimma gobies, randalli goby w/ red striped pistol, pair of neon-striped gobies would add a nice array of color. Trimma gobies are very fun to watch, imo. I would add in this order: neon pair, trimma trio must be added simultaneously, pistol, and after week from adding the pistol add the randalli.

What do you feed neon gobies? I know they are cleaners in nature...

also those trimma gobies are tiny

I'm guessing these guys eat cyclopleeze, but what other prepared foods can they survive on?

Archived