YellowPony's Biocube 29 Journal

The_Yellow_Pony

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The_Yellow_Pony
Pearly Jawfish!!!!!!!!

Wabba Wabba Wabba!

He is such an odd little dude. I barely see him but I love him.

get some more polyps

It's in the works ;)

The_Yellow_Pony

Nothing to speak of today. I have been real busy and just got home.

Will update tomorrow before I leave for the shore.

The_Yellow_Pony

Thank you!

I lied about not having updates today. Pearl face(the jawfish) is actually coming out!

I have pics and all. He still is a little skittish when I get up close but I went into stealth mode to get some pics(I.e. belly crawling across the living room floor, maybe a log roll or two. I'm not even kidding. My gf was laughing at me,

100_3669.jpg?t=1244861114

100_3676.jpg?t=1244861131

and.....................VIDEO!!!!!!!

He comes out more at the end. Sorry about the same soundtrack as my last vid.

th_jawfish.jpg

*Stoked!!!*

The_Yellow_Pony

I think I like my little jaw better than I have ever like my clowns....then again, the clowns never had a true luxury condo. He is slowly coming out of his shell and I love him.

My tank is directly across from my couch and all I see now is

head pokes up

--

it goes away

--

head and torso comes out

---

It goes away

---

whole body pops out

----

It goes away

--

head comes back

I was worried that he would never bee seen after he holed up in the back for the first 2 days. He is slowly getting more comfortable. I can at least get near enough to get a pic now!

I think if I had a pair, you wouldn't be able to pry me away from the tank at all!

Sweet man, Pearly jawfish are fricken beautiful. I had one in the 37 gallon but he was sick from the jump so he didnt make it.

The_Yellow_Pony

Sorry to hear about the loss. I had never really taken a close look at one until I saw this little guy at the LFS.

Under the store lighting(and in a tank with minimal sand) he looked almost white. But I looked up pictures when I got home to see some under proper conditions and almost instantly fell in love.

He is now openly eating for me. By openly I mean as long as I am a reasonable distance away. He still doesn't quite know what to think of me so he shy's away when I'm close. He'll figure out where the food comes from and get over that ^_^

Sorry for no water params yesterday, I know how everyone looks forward to those *note sarcasm* but it was a busy day.

Today looks like such:

pH=8.2

Nitrate=0

Nitrite=0

Ammonia=1/4 shade over zero.

I am assuming the trace is from the addition of said pearly jaw and the food now entering the tank.

We'll let everything catch up before the clown move.

Oh, speaking of move...my xenia is migrating. The primary stalk has attached itself to 2 places on the above rock.

Think it's going to start the xenia weed growth?

100_3684.jpg?t=1244929547

100_3686.jpg?t=1244929570

Home construction:

100_3687.jpg?t=1244929596

He's been a constructive little bugger!

Note for all: I will not be updating until probably late Monday as I am going out of state for a few days..well, 2 days.

So, Here's to hoping!

All water params appear to be holding stable so here goes nothing.

SpankythePyro

Lol he has gathered alot of junk for his burrow!

My friend can't find his now, and his pygmy angel is picking on his firefish...

I'm still trying to get a list together for my 50br, I really want to pair up some flame angels, and I saw a 1-1/2in kole tang today I like

The_Yellow_Pony

So, I'm back from my mini vacation and everything held up fine.

pH=8.2

Nitrate=0

Nitrite=0

Ammonia =<.15

Jawfish seems to be very happy and all other lifeforms are accounted for. GSP still hasn't opened...hmmm

My gf got her tax return today and she donated 150 bucks to me. Woot! Now what to get?

The_Yellow_Pony

GSP finally started to open!

100_3837.jpg?t=1245111244

Jawfish peekin'

100_3843.jpg?t=1245111280

Yes, that is some uber aiptasia.... 2 members added to CUC tonight.

2 x Peppermint shrimp

Zoas are happy

100_3848.jpg?t=1245111372

Xenia has attached to the upper rock. It looks like it may split off and leave some remnants... yay! Time for it to take over... Frags for everyone! Well, once it takes over.

100_3850.jpg?t=1245111522

and....a random pic:

100_3851.jpg?t=1245111468

The_Yellow_Pony

Yes, I understand it has all happened very fast. But, I am diligently keeping watch for any major changes.

Everything is happy. Very happy. The frogspawn split, or start too about a week after it settled in.

The GSP is finally opening(which yes, I was anxious for it to open). The zoas are fully expanded.

The xenia is splitting/budding (yes I am aware of the potential weed like growth).

My jawfish is very content. He is eating like a champ and has become much more comfortable with me being in front of the tank. My larger feather dusters/tube worms have shown 0 stress other than the initial move.

When added, the peppermints colored up almost immediately.

Trust me, I am being very careful about what is added when. My clowns are still chilling in their old home as things FULLY stabilize. I know that things have the potential to fluctuate still and I am watching it like a hawk.

If I lose either of the clowns in the transition...the gf will be very upset.

As my pictures indicate, everything appears to be thriving and healthy.

As my water params indicate, there are still minor fluctuations but they are minimal at worst.

The_Yellow_Pony

The jawfish has taken over hardcore.

I can't wait to see how he interacts with the clowns ^_^

The peppermints have taken up residence in his den and he doesn't seems to mind. I see the occasional antennae stick out over the jawfish's head.

Oh, +1 on the peps. Either my aiptasia has become incredibly shy or the peps have decimated the population.

I have a coral pack coming next week!

My GSP has almost completely opened...There is about 20 % that hasn't opened yet.

Will update water params later.

I did not get a chance to update yesterday.

The_Yellow_Pony

Todays update:

pH=8.2

Nitrate=0

Nitrite=0

Ammonia= .75 (spike....I am wondering if a pep has perished...one looked a little rough during acclimation)

The other pep has decimated the aiptasia and is having a great time.

I have yet to see both at one time so maybe 1 down?

All else is great...

and I think I might..............................set up a 20L frag tank!

The reefer bug has bitten....and I am ill!

EDIT:

Located both peps. All is well.

The_Yellow_Pony

Sorry for the lack of updates folks. I have been pretty busy. I will try to update in depth this weekend.

Long story short for now:

-All levels are good

-Jawfish is happy

-corals are happy

-CUC is happy

-both peppermints are great

-aiptaisa is nowhere to be found

-small diatom bloom due to some more new sand...yay silica

-GSP almost fully open

The_Yellow_Pony

Thanks guys!

You are correct. The_Yellow_Pony is very happy. Woot for frags next week!

*winks at fellow NR member*

:D

About 95% of GSP is open today....almost 100%.

and.................... The xenia is about a day or so from separating from a snippet that will become more xenia!

The_Yellow_Pony

I took out the bioballs and the original filter pad. I am running just filter floss right now.

I will be adding my own media tray to chamber 2 I think.

Archived