inTank Media Baskets

YellowPony's Biocube 29 Journal

The_Yellow_Pony

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The_Yellow_Pony

Their colors have gotten much richer as they have aged....They are about 2- 2.5 years old and the funny part is, I haven't really realized how nice they were until I got them in the new tank and am now looking at them every day.

Thanks Soaptray!

The_Yellow_Pony

Guess who did some mods today!!!!

Widened by about an inch:

100_3978.jpg?t=1245874401

took out chamber 1 false floor:

100_3979.jpg?t=1245874442

Heater moved into chamber 1.....

and a ...............................poor mans psuedo media rack! Doesn't look like much but w/e

floss and sponge(temporary) in the top

Purite in the 2nd

No 3rd right now

100_3984.jpg?t=1245874504

Its much quieter with no water trickle :P

100_3985.jpg?t=1245874535

and misc pics:

GSP

100_3971.jpg?t=1245874561

Macro, GSP, and clownfish butt:

100_3974.jpg?t=1245874603

Pep pi$$ing off the frogspawn: (Note : I have my eye on him to make sure he doesn't try anything funny)

100_3977.jpg?t=1245874638

That's all for now... everything is all annoyed because I was doing the mods....They'll get over it :D

Nice mods, and i think i already commented on the clowns, but if i didn't, NICE CLOWNS! Also, it's probably a good thing you are keeping a good watch on your pep shrimp, I had three(deal at LFS 3 for 5$ each) otherwise it was 13.99 for one, anyway he ate all the aptasia (yay!), but when that was gone.... They started going for da corals :angry: My poor beautiful green acan... he will be missed :tears:

MaineBirder

Good mods, done most of them to my tank. I have pillow stuffing in top of chamber 1 with the heater and also on the top tray in chamber 2.

Love the look of your tank too, great photos!

The_Yellow_Pony

Thank you!

I also added chemi-pure and phoszorb today. WhenI was big into freshwater, phoszorb worked amazingly so I have added it as a buffer incase my RO for any reason isn't pure. It also supposedly works on silica!

Anyway....

Guess what?

New....

VIDEO!!!!!

Sorry, no cool audio today...photobucket is being stupid about copyright infringement

th_feeding_0004.jpg

The_Yellow_Pony

Oh Sh!t...breaking out the mad paint skills to display my chambers *sounds risque*

chambers.jpg?t=1245888190

EDIT:

OOOO...my package is in NJ....so close...yet so far :naughtydance: :naughtydance:

The_Yellow_Pony

OOOOOOO..... my free zoa frag...the 10 polyp zoa frag.....is now 11 :D

:happydance:

Another VIDEO!!!!!

(I hope I am keeping you guys entertained)

th_100_3987.jpg

A little advise. The filter floss is there to catch crap in the water column right? What happens when you go to replace the floss? You squeeze all the crap back into the water.

The floss is something you will replace every few days to at least every week. So make a tray that will hold your floss under the over flow from chamber 1 and 2. If you watched my video you can see the white floss pad in the back. As the floss gets dirty the water flows over the crap until it finally has to go over the end. At that time the floss is used up. Then just pick up the plate (I used my old drip plate) and remove the whole piece of floss. I never even have to touch the dirty floss. Lay some new floss in the tray and WALAA! Done in less that 30 seconds.

The_Yellow_Pony

Thanks for the recommendation. I just threw that pseudo-media rack together to hold my newly added media. I will devise something more permanent when time permits.

I will most definitely take the drip tray idea into consideration in my planning for a more permanent tray.

The_Yellow_Pony

I'm not sure if that image fills me with childish glee or a sudden pain in my masculinity level.... This is a confusing sensation :huh:

+1 on using the first image that google returns for yellow pony

The_Yellow_Pony

I am aware google disagrees....in fact, I have the image search results in front of me right now *hangs head* I like my definition better ^_^

Normally I would be uset with someone else winning in my thread...but the hookup is on its way so its all good :D

hahahah, i feel like posting pictures of my s13 240sx rb25det powered!!! im just trying to be modestt =)

I hate you.

Archived