Pod Your Reef

Tigahboy's 35g Project

Tigahboy

I was real lucky to catch that sucker. Hopefully that was the only one. I am tempted to set my trap again just in case, but I think I'm just being paranoid now.

Thanks! Can't believe you read 60 pages! The maintenance involves the following:

Scraping walls for algae - every other day.

Feed mysis/cyclopeeze & dose phyto and oyster feast - every other day.

10% water change - once a week.

Dosing of calc/alk 2 part solution - every day.

That's it.

Your routine is very similar to mine but your more disciplined lol

your tanks are amazing.... love your scape

I couldnt believe that i read all those pages either

gotta 75 gallon in the next few weeks....gunna mimic your scape I hope you dont mind :D

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it took me awhile to come to this decision, but I've decided to take down this tank...

I am getting married on 10-10-10 and will be moving at that time to a new city, and will likely move again 6 months to a year thereafter. I will also be very busy in the months immediately preceding my wedding and immediately after, so I won't have much time for my tank, and figure I should start gradually selling stuff off now while I have a little bit more free time.

I won't be gone for long tho. As soon as my soon-to-be wife and I settle down in a more permanent location, I will be setting up a new reef tank. A tank that will top this tank for sure. This tank was a great practice run for my future ultimate nano, and I do have concrete plans in mind. I'll stick to the same overall dimensions (30-35g), but I plan to improve upon this set-up vastly.

In any event, thanks for dropping by my thread this past year. It's been fun! Here are the last photos I will take of my tank. Enjoy!

Tank406.jpg

Tank409.jpg

Tank407.jpg

Tank408.jpg

Tank410.jpg

Paul E. Wog

Well that sux man. hate to see you go. Hope you get settled down quick and get back in the game. We will miss you around here.

On another note I'd be interested in that red acro and some of your core maxis. I'll even hook you up with some cuttings if you want after you decide to set up again. LMK

Great pics as usual btw

Edited by Paul E. Wog

Omg, you are my inspiration, It's sad to see you go, even if only for a moment.

I hope that, once you feel settle, you can make a better tank than this.

Oh Btw, your wedding date, it's same time with my sister.

Congrats for the wedding :happy:

As beautiful as this tank has been, I'm sure the next one will be even better.

Can't wait to see "Tigahboy's Return V. 2.0".

When you get ready to sell, drop me a PM with what you'll have available. :)

Wow it sucks that you have to tear down this beautiful tank but im sure the next one will be even better. Congrats on getting married.

A ton of local reefers stormed my apt tonight and my tank is very very empty now (most LR was even picked up). depressing...

A ton of local reefers stormed my apt tonight and my tank is very very empty now (most LR was even picked up). depressing...

Damn...wish I could have gotten some of your amazing stuff. Maybe next time around.

NanoReefNovice

Pics!!!... i need some closure for the death of your beautiful tank, :tears:

Cant wait to see what your going to build next.

Carriegiesler

Wow what an beautiful tank. You have me contimplating buying an vortech now and reworking my aquascape.

I know how hard it is to make the decision to take a break but you and we know you will be back.

Pics!!!... i need some closure for the death of your beautiful tank, :tears:

Cant wait to see what your going to build next.

A photo of my tank right now would be no good.

Wow what an beautiful tank. You have me contimplating buying an vortech now and reworking my aquascape.

I know how hard it is to make the decision to take a break but you and we know you will be back.

Thanks Carrie!

OK. I actually took a couple more photos of my maxis. So I guess my last photos were not my last photos.

Last photos of my watermelon maxi...

Tank416.jpg

Tank415.jpg

and my yellow maxi...

Tank414.jpg

And I just realized I never actually posted this anywhere in my thread, but I did have a Tyree LE Watermelon Chalice. This photo was taken last week. Such a beauty, but a local reefer picked her up tonight. :(

Tank411.jpg