Top Shelf Aquatics

Tigahboy's 35g Project

Tigahboy

I'm antsy about the emerald now. I've never liked crabs; such opportunists.

So I was trying to catch it with the water bottle and bait trick, but caught this giant flatworm instead. It's like 1.5"+ and hella nasty. Any IDs or info on this guy?

Tank403.jpg

Also took a video.

Destroy it! It does kill clams. You lucky to even catch this.

-Dave

I looked up some info on this guy, and confirmed that it does indeed eat clams. I hate this guy! :angry:

Yeah. Did you see the video on the previous page?

Someone on my gallery photo ID'd it as a polyclad flatworm and I googled it to confirm.

Yeah. Did you see the video on the previous page?

Someone on my gallery photo ID'd it as a polyclad flatworm and I googled it to confirm.

gotta love all those nasty little surprises.....just went through all 60 pages of this thread lol

good job tigah!

beautiful and extremely clean tank!

whats the maintenance like?

I looked up some info on this guy, and confirmed that it does indeed eat clams. I hate this guy! :angry:

i was actually about to say... i happen to have been reading my Anthony Calfo/Bob Fenner Reef Invertebrate book, and this exact character is pictured as a predatory flatworm that is apparently disguised like the clam mantle it eats to avoid predation.

I was real lucky to catch that sucker. Hopefully that was the only one. I am tempted to set my trap again just in case, but I think I'm just being paranoid now.

gotta love all those nasty little surprises.....just went through all 60 pages of this thread lol

good job tigah!

beautiful and extremely clean tank!

whats the maintenance like?

Thanks! Can't believe you read 60 pages! The maintenance involves the following:

Scraping walls for algae - every other day.

Feed mysis/cyclopeeze & dose phyto and oyster feast - every other day.

10% water change - once a week.

Dosing of calc/alk 2 part solution - every day.

That's it.

Kent pro scraper. You have to be REAL gentle and slow with it. if you do it every other day, there really isn't much to scrape, so it's more preventive than responsive. But I have been careless and I've made many scratches.