Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tigahboy's 35g Project

Tigahboy

Paul E. Wog

Awesome love those Digis. And trust me there is always room.

If you break em down ever I will take a frag from both.

Is that a new orange maxi in the FTS. PIC PICS PICS!!!

Awesome love those Digis. And trust me there is always room.

If you break em down ever I will take a frag from both.

Is that a new orange maxi in the FTS. PIC PICS PICS!!!

I did find a way to fit them all onto the rockwork. Will post FTS soon. The "orange" one is actually my yellow one that I posted before. My nice orange nem is still on the back of my rockwork.

how is it tha every time i look at this tank its better than the last.

It's an optical illusion.

Thanks for the feedback, guys! :)

OK. Here's the FTS from tonight with the new SPS on my rockwork. I'm almost done stocking this bad boy. I just need a couple nice maxima clams to fill the open space towards the middle and some feathers to fill in the gaps, then I'm finished.

Tank382.jpg

Here's the full sized file.

post-9221-1271743358_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tigahboy
It's bizarre how good your exposures are with that point and shoot camera. Are those straight from the camera?

I adjust a little with photo editing software. In general, I think proper technique/practice/camera settings are just as important as the camera itself in taking good reef photos (oh, and a ton of practice). But like all point and shoots, my camera does have some limitations. So, I do edit a little after I crop the photos. Specifically I usually sharpen and increase contrast. Here is how the photo looked BEFORE I sharpened and increased contrast (I didn't adjust anything at all).

Tank389.jpg

Here its is after.

Tank384.jpg

Before.

Tank391.jpg

After.

Tank388.jpg

Before.

Tank392.jpg

After.

Tank387.jpg

Difference is pretty subtle I think.

I switched my maxi minis to a silversides diet. My camera ran out of batteries as I was trying to take photos, so I was only able to take a couple shots after the blue maxi devoured half a silverside.

Tank393.jpg

Tank394.jpg

Paul E. Wog

There have been some concerns about the safety of silversides for feeding nems and fish from what I have heard. Some people have had nems have complications with them and others have claimed that they are not the cleanest food bc they are packed for fish and not human consumption. idk much about it. just some things i have read

I adjust a little with photo editing software. In general, I think proper technique/practice/camera settings are just as important as the camera itself in taking good reef photos (oh, and a ton of practice). But like all point and shoots, my camera does have some limitations. So, I do edit a little after I crop the photos. Specifically I usually sharpen and increase contrast. Here is how the photo looked BEFORE I sharpened and increased contrast (I didn't adjust anything at all).

That's typically all I do as well, I just can't get over how good the exposures are.

It's bizarre how good your exposures are with that point and shoot camera. Are those straight from the camera?

i agree -- i'm thoroughly impressed.

There have been some concerns about the safety of silversides for feeding nems and fish from what I have heard. Some people have had nems have complications with them and others have claimed that they are not the cleanest food bc they are packed for fish and not human consumption. idk much about it. just some things i have read

Thanks for the heads up.

i agree -- i'm thoroughly impressed.

I've seen Jer and bitts talk about this, but I think my clear back really helps. I do have one section of black (my overflow box) and the photos I take in that location never look as good as the photos I take in the rest of my tank.

Got back from a trip to the bay area. I checked out the aquarium exhibits at the Academy of Science while I was up there. It wasn't as good as some others (tho a huge improvement from what I remembered when I was younger), but still had a good time. Here are some photos.

Tank397.jpg

Tank395.jpg

Tank396.jpg

Tank398.jpg

Tank399.jpg

Tank400.jpg

Tank401.jpg

Also dropped by an LFS (Neptune Aquatics) in Milpitas and I bought a couple aquacultured clams for my tank! They are cute little guys.

Tank402.jpg

Paul E. Wog

awesome! Imma go steal those yellow and green Squamosas. When I was in Hawaii years ago the Waikiki aquarium had a Gigas that was like probably right around 2.5-3 feet end to end. Amazing!

So I come home for lunch since I spilled coffee all over my shirt to find that the clam on the left (the one that has always been more open since its arrival on Sunday) recessed with large chunks of the mantle missing towards the back. :(

I'm trying not to automatically blame my emerald crab, but I can't help it! In any event, sad to see such a nice clam go. R.I.P., little guy.