Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tigahboy's 35g Project

Tigahboy

BustytheSnowMaam

Tigah,

I haven't read this whole thread, I'm sorry. How do you like that Aquatinics light? I have the same light over my 30 and I'm convinced it's the source of all my problems. I took out 1 bulb and it seems to help. Have you had good growth with it?

I'm excited! Any SPS?

Yes.

Tigah,

I haven't read this whole thread, I'm sorry. How do you like that Aquatinics light? I have the same light over my 30 and I'm convinced it's the source of all my problems. I took out 1 bulb and it seems to help. Have you had good growth with it?

I believe I also commented in your thread about your issues. I haven't had any probs with the light fixture and I have decent growth. But my 5 bulbs are never on at the same time. Either 3 are on or 2 are on, but never both.

Here are the new additions!

Pink millepora.

Tank314.jpg

Green bird's nest (doesn't look as green under my lights. boo!).

Tank317.jpg

Nuke green palys.

Tank316.jpg

And one of my favorite tank inhabitants... coco worms!

Tank315.jpg

New additions!

Tank320.jpg

Tank321.jpg

And some more shots of my cocos.

Tank319.jpg

Tank318.jpg

Finally decided on a location for my new maxi minis (for 3 of them at least). Decided to split the zoa garden into 2 to make room for the new maxis. So the new cluster is directly to the left of the existing maxi mini rock.

Tank322.jpg

Dude. My bad for taking so long to respond... But if I could do it again, I would just go with the 1260 instead of the 1262. Since I have the vortech, having a higher rated return pump is unnecessary.

With regard to the benefit of the herbie, I will say the herbie is definitely more silent than the durso... But if you can handle the durso, then who cares, right? It's a matter of what you feel comfortable with doing. Both will get the job done functionally speaking. But if noise is an issue for you, then definitely consider using the 2 holes for a herbie. Having a return go up and over into the tank isn't really a big deal.

just following up with you on this -- I traded out the 1262 for the Tunze 1073.020 (adjustable, up to 634gph, so similar to the eheim 1260). The thing is so quiet that I cannot even tell a difference between when it's on and when it's off. as an added bonus, it also silenced my durso, so no need for the herbie at this time.

thanks for the advice!

just following up with you on this -- I traded out the 1262 for the Tunze 1073.020 (adjustable, up to 634gph, so similar to the eheim 1260). The thing is so quiet that I cannot even tell a difference between when it's on and when it's off. as an added bonus, it also silenced my durso, so no need for the herbie at this time.

thanks for the advice!

Glad it worked out for you! I'm tempted to downgrade now (tho I don't have any issues with noise, just an energy efficiency issue).

What's that I smell...??? TOTM in the future for sure!!! :happy:

:bowdown:

:blush: It's a work in progress tho. I'm actually have a little difficulty positioning the SPS on my rockwork. It's going to be tricky as I try to add more in the near future. Hopefully I can pull it off without it looking too awkward. fingerscrossed