inTank Media Baskets

Lani's Coldwater Tank

Lalani

Needreefunds
I have a proposition for you. We need to talk. ;)

Pics or it didn't happen.

:flower: Sowwy A.....I couldn't help myself. :)

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if I missed something but why is everyone changing their avatars???

Also, I can hook you up with coldwater fish :)

They're home. :)

I turned off the chiller to the cw tank last night and let the water get up to room temp, since the nems have been kept in tropical temps. The LFS owner removed the smaller one (size of a gumball) from the rocks, so it's free floating, but the larger (3x the size, at least) is attached to a piece of LR. Despite the conditions, they are looking great! Deep red color and healthy. I'll slowly bring the water temp down over the next couple of weeks and keep an eye on them.

IMG_7494.jpg

IMG_7489.jpg

:wub:

They're home. :)

I turned off the chiller to the cw tank last night and let the water get up to room temp, since the nems have been kept in tropical temps. The LFS owner removed the smaller one (size of a gumball) from the rocks, so it's free floating, but the larger (3x the size, at least) is attached to a piece of LR. Despite the conditions, they are looking great! Deep red color and healthy. I'll slowly bring the water temp down over the next couple of weeks and keep an eye on them.

IMG_7494.jpg

IMG_7489.jpg

:wub:

I KNOW YOUR REAL NAME :P

hahah sexy nemssss :D

I have something goofy to say here, so hopefully you will take it in jest and not be offended.

First, I found this nem at the jetties in PCB, and it looks quite a bit like the nems you got from the lfs at tropical temperature. I know I'm not the photographer you are so you may not see the resemblance, but thought it was interesting anyway.

P1010016.jpg

Secondly, while I've known your real name for a long time, I've continued to use your "stage name" so I can enjoy the weird confusion my brain has when I think of you as a beautiful polynesian princess living in a bayou swamp in Louisiana (maybe with some connection to Jack Sparrow) rather than the rich, beautiful heiress to a toilet paper kingdom.

So colorful! If only aiptasia looked nice like your waratahs, then I wouldn't be so annoyed by them.

:lol:

I have something goofy to say here, so hopefully you will take it in jest and not be offended.

First, I found this nem at the jetties in PCB, and it looks quite a bit like the nems you got from the lfs at tropical temperature. I know I'm not the photographer you are so you may not see the resemblance, but thought it was interesting anyway.

Secondly, while I've known your real name for a long time, I've continued to use your "stage name" so I can enjoy the weird confusion my brain has when I think of you as a beautiful polynesian princess living in a bayou swamp in Louisiana (maybe with some connection to Jack Sparrow) rather than the rich, beautiful heiress to a toilet paper kingdom.

That nem definitely looks similar. Do you have any other pics of it?

Haha, yeah, quite a few people on the net have assumed that I'm Hawaiian or from some other exotic location. It's fun. And lol@rich heiress to toilet paper kingdom. :P

No one knows my name. Internet Ninja.

The new nems look great, and the name sounds so familiar for some reason. I think I might have seen some in the wild, but on the other hand, I don't think there from California, which is where I would have seen it.

Well, in any case, sexy 'nems. Speaking of sexy, you need a tiny cold water shrimp. I think that would scream "Lalani's tank."

The livestock in my jetties tank have an often annoying habit of taking up residence in areas of the tank that make it difficult to get photo's of them, couple with my lack of camera skillz, but here's the collection I made that day

anemonesurchinandredbrittlestar.jpg

Glad you could lol at my comment. I think I'll go watch Pirates of the Caribbean again.

The new nems look great, and the name sounds so familiar for some reason. I think I might have seen some in the wild, but on the other hand, I don't think there from California, which is where I would have seen it.

Well, in any case, sexy 'nems. Speaking of sexy, you need a tiny cold water shrimp. I think that would scream "Lalani's tank."

What's yo name? :P

Waratahs are an Australian species. And hmmm, I'll have to look into small CW shrimp.

The livestock in my jetties tank have an often annoying habit of taking up residence in areas of the tank that make it difficult to get photo's of them, couple with my lack of camera skillz, but here's the collection I made that day

Glad you could lol at my comment. I think I'll go watch Pirates of the Caribbean again.

Heh, I think everybody has livestock that likes to misbehave like that. If it ever comes out into the open, I expect more pics. :D

It's a super secret :P.

Holy crap. Every once in a while I see you name and have flashbacks to promiseing to send you some of those orange ball 'nems.

Haha well, I saw red nem's in a pool any way. Unless I had an awesome out of body experience, they couldn't have been waraths.

I'll try and find you some cold water shrimp. I've got ze connections.

I know your name Psychosis lol. Lani, I can probably send you some shrimp/nems /any other sweet coldwater stuff later this summer. I just need to know how to box it and keep it cold haha.

PMs are super secret. ;)

Oh, ha.. I forgot about the corys. The 5.5gal is dedicated to the few that I have.

Connections, eh? :flower:

I'll keep that in mind, Jacob, thanks!

Lol I got a new piece of LR that's just coated in them, a few that are larger than any others I've ever seen. Say the word and there all yours. I don't want them stinging/ getting stung by the LPS I'm suddenly obsessed with.

Haha not the most reliable Connections, but yes, connections. I'll keep you posted on the tiny shrimp front.

Well, they are doing alright. They both have good appetites, but the smaller of the two seems to have been slightly damaged.. haven't been able to get a good look at it in the position it's in.

IMG_7504.jpg

:ninja: Mr. Wallace. I'm a better internet ninja than you. :lol:

Lani, those nems are sexy.

Heh, I don't think he'll appreciate that..

And thanks, here's a few post-feeding pics for my own amusement! I don't think the little guy is going to be able to eat whole foods yet...

IMG_7537.jpg

IMG_7532.jpg

IMG_7530.jpg

IMG_7528.jpg

Lani nice nems, but I think they may be beadlets and not wartahs. ;) They look just like a beadlet D got from liveaquaria. Nice either way though

Archived