Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Lani's Coldwater Tank

Lalani

Dude, I can't. It's kinda hooked up and running, y'know.

And I'm busy playing PS3...... so you'll just need to find the manual or something. :P

+1 on dipping hose in hot water but also put a lil vegetable oil on the barb. I dont know about temperate tanks but I used clear hose on one of mine. It ended up growing algae in it and restricting the flow.

Thanks for the tips. I recently read about algae growing in the clear tubes.. We'll see how it goes and if stuff starts growing in there, it should be too much trouble to change out with black tubing.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude, I can't. It's kinda hooked up and running, y'know.

And I'm busy playing PS3...... so you'll just need to find the manual or something. :P

the manual sucks ####

did you use the same size tubing for the inlet and outlet?

the website says Inlet: 1/2" and Outlet: 5/8" Barb....

but the barbs are both the same size (accept 1/2 and 5/8)

Yeah, I used the same size tubing for the whole thing - 1/2 inch internal diameter. Both of the barbed input/output thingamabobs are the same size on mine.

idk what i just used, but i used bigger tube on the input and smaller on the output.

meh.

Hi :)

When the chiller is set to 58F, there are no problems at all with condensation. My central air conditioner is set to 75F. Now, when I was testing the chiller and the water temp got down to around 55F, that's when I started seeing condensation.

That is a very slick, clean setup. Can't wait to see it progress and get stocked. I have a feeling this thing is going to be awesome

Interesting - looks like my 100g African Cichlid tank! I love the river stones - what critters do you plan on stocking with when your ready?

I love the idea and the stones! I had the priviledge of raising about 50 baby chinook salmon when I lived in western washington in my 40 gallon tall. Got some rock from the river, river water, and set up a big ol canister fluval outside in the garage for it all.

Your setup makes me hearken back to those days.... :mellow:

Such a fun idea!!!

Interesting - looks like my 100g African Cichlid tank! I love the river stones - what critters do you plan on stocking with when your ready?

Corynactis (strawberry nems) to start off with.. and anything else I can get my hands on that will work in a 10 gal.

I love the idea and the stones! I had the priviledge of raising about 50 baby chinook salmon when I lived in western washington in my 40 gallon tall. Got some rock from the river, river water, and set up a big ol canister fluval outside in the garage for it all.

Your setup makes me hearken back to those days.... :mellow:

Such a fun idea!!!

Well, that sounds neat! :)

Well, that sounds neat! :)

Was great til we had to release them in the river. Won't hijack your thread any further. Your tank looks like its going to be wonderful!

• 2 weeks later...

I just emailed the LFS, asking them to hold the nems for me. $40 each isn't bad, right? My LFSs are usually insanely overpriced.. Going to go check them out tomorrow most likely.

So, I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place, but I'm just wondering, do you not need such intense light for CW tanks? It doesn't seem like you're running any thing to "fancy." So the only expensive part of setting one of these up is the chiller? (and stocking it of course.)

This could be good........... :naughtydance:

;)

So, I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place, but I'm just wondering, do you not need such intense light for CW tanks? It doesn't seem like you're running any thing to "fancy." So the only expensive part of setting one of these up is the chiller? (and stocking it of course.)

I'm sure some CW livestock require higher lighting, but the type of nems that I want to keep really aren't picky at all. I'm still very much a CW noob, lol. Basically, they don't require high lighting, but do require being fed a couple times a week at least. :)

Yeah, a chiller and insulation around the tank to keep the temp stable are probably most important.

Now I'm torn between a new Maco tank and a Cold Water...

Thanks for the info Lalani. The tank is looking beast, by the way. I'm seeing a sexy tank in the not to distant future.

Archived