Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Rizakaniza's Cadlights 39g Pro Build Thread

rizakaniza

I ordered my 39 pro at the end of last week. I hope I don't have as many damage issues as you had.

Now...quit slackin' and get some water in that thing.... :P

Are you happy now! ;)

Salt_n_Water.JPG

:ninja:

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you happy now! ;)

Salt_n_Water.JPG

:ninja:

I guess that'll do for now. Pretty sweet lookin' tank...even when it's dry. lol

How's the stand? Pretty sturdy?

I guess that'll do for now. Pretty sweet lookin' tank...even when it's dry. lol

How's the stand? Pretty sturdy?

I was very impressed with the stand actually. It is very sturdy IMO. As far as AIO's go I think it has one of the nicest cabinet stands. It goes together like ikea furniture.

FYI, the stand comes with an optional shelf that most people do not use (pictured below). I am actually going to mod it by having an additional hole cut in it so that I can pass the hoses and wiring through it. I think I can organize the wires in a neater/cleaner looking way by doing this. I will have the mod done this week and post pics.

P7020014.JPG

I don't see why there would be any objections.

Once you get this bad boy filled maybe we can start brainstorming ideas to quiet her down...if it annoys you like it does me. 3 things -- the overflow, the return pump, and halide fans.

I don't see why there would be any objections.

Once you get this bad boy filled maybe we can start brainstorming ideas to quiet her down...if it annoys you like it does me. 3 things -- the overflow, the return pump, and halide fans.

I heard somewhere that you can place some of that filter sponge in the overflow in such a way that it dissipates the sound.

I just got an email that my tank shipped and is due for delivery tomorrow. Wish me luck that I will be able to open the box and find the tank all in one piece. :unsure:

I just got an email that my tank shipped and is due for delivery tomorrow. Wish me luck that I will be able to open the box and find the tank all in one piece. :unsure:

Right now I am :scarry: but I'll be fingerscrossed and if UPS breaks your tank I'll send a :ninja: to take care of business.

Here is what I am thinking of doing to the cabinet shelf.

1) Cut second square for drainage line

2) Cut middle square towards back for power cords

By doing this I hope to achieve a more organized look in the sump. I will use plastic cord holders that will attach to shelf and direct cords to a controller power strip. Maybe I can even keep some goodies on the shelf (ie. refractometer, test kits, etc).

post-43970-1248296974_thumb.jpg

Well, my tank arrived today...

DSC00449.jpg

I'm not happy. Very poor packaging.

My :ninja: is on his way to :slap: the delivery man.

post-45760-1247350782_thumb.jpgThe sump was cracked too. I was going to unpackage it and see if it held water...then I noticed a crack in it. Bummer of a day. UPS has been notified and oceanreeflections is working with CAD on getting me replacements.

post-45760-1247350961_thumb.jpg

post-45760-1247350992_thumb.jpg

The optional shelf has been modified. Here are some pics.

P7230004.JPG

Here is how it looks in the cabinet

P7230006.JPG

P7230005.JPG

I spent the morning cementing everything together. Here is what the sump looks like with all the hoses in place. Tank only needs saltwater and live rock now! Before I do that I will purchase a ReefKeeper Light, Koralia pumps, and a JBJ ATO.

Here are the pics.

P7230003.JPG

P7230001.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Today I purchased a ReefKeeper Lite, JBJ ATO, and a Koralia #4 from aquacave (who, by the way, offered the lowest prices I could find). I think I will be okay for a while as far as equipment goes. Eventually I will either pick up an additional Koralia #4 or #3. Next I will be saving up for the sand and live rock. For sand I will be using "Caribsea Arag-Alive Special Grade Reef Sand." As far as live rock goes I found a local place that sells Totoka Live Rock. For salt I am tossed up between Tropical Marin pro-reef salt or Sea Chem Reef Salt.

Once my order comes in I will start brainstorming on placement. My goal is for the entire setup to be aesthetically pleasing (in and out of cabinet). This is why I modded the shelf to assist in hiding wires. I was daydreaming the other day and wondering how it would look to replace the wooden doors with Acrylic see through doors...not sure I will do that, but it was a thought.

Hrmmm, I know it's been only a day later, but aquacave hasn't even charged my card. And noone is answering their phones... I know they're legit, but I have also heard they can be really slow. I feel like every step in this hobby is a major training in patience. ;)

Hello all...joining in on the fun. Second time posting - see the below pictures of my Cadlights Pro tank. Been running since June. I had to add alot of things like a chiller because the fan included wasnt cooling my tank. Also added a new refugium light.

post-3450-1250750455_thumb.jpg

post-3450-1250750486_thumb.jpg

post-3450-1250750510_thumb.jpg

:naughtydance: My new purchases will arrive monday!

BTW, I noticed upon another look that the Carib-Sea Special Grade Reef sand is not recommended for burrowers. I am considering going with the Western Caribean sand instead. Any thoughts on this?

:naughtydance: My new purchases will arrive monday!

BTW, I noticed upon another look that the Carib-Sea Special Grade Reef sand is not recommended for burrowers. I am considering going with the Western Caribean sand instead. Any thoughts on this?

Special Grade Reef Sand grain sizes are too big for DSBs if you were thinking about using it in your refugium. My wife really wanted that sand, but I was kind of shying away from it for that reason.

I personally prefer the Fiji Pink or the Bimini Pink, but man alive, what about that Hawaiian Black Sand they're selling now (not the Tahitian Moon Sand). That could be sweet. I've read too many people debating over whether your corals won't end up with as much light with the darker sand, though.

To answer your question about the West Caribbean Sand, though, I think it looks really nice in the pictures they show, but my understanding is that the caribsea "advertisement" pictures are nowhere near what you actually end up getting. So, if i were you, I'd go around looking at LFSs to see if you can find a bag to look at, even if you don't buy it from there. Also, i'd recommend going to caribsea.com's website because it tells you the applications for each type of sand they sell (e.g. good for burrowers, DSB-applicable, etc.). pretty useful resource, except for the pictures.

Archived