Innovative Marine Aquariums

Yamato's Pico Build

Yamato

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Deepdvnarq

And thanks for your help. For those reading this thread, Deep has been of tremendous help and a pleasure to work with.

Mr.Goggles has been hanging out at his front door...just looking around. I think he is quite comfy in his new digs.

He's not at all shy in your tank huh? Maybe cause I had a red blood shrimp in my tank that kept him at bay

But I swear that the one I was looking at hanging out outside a piece of LR was more green than this one. I better not have another one!!!

Thanks Deepdvnarq

And thanks for your help. For those reading this thread, Deep has been of tremendous help and a pleasure to work with.

Mr.Goggles has been hanging out at his front door...just looking around. I think he is quite comfy in his new digs.

I just got home today after work and looked into my Pico, I suspect this may have happened last night, but the Neon Goby is gone. The Goby has been strickened by ick since it got to the tank. And it was never able to shake it...but I think Mr. Goggles took care of him. Kinda wish I saw the action.

Mr.Goggles the Mantis hasn't made an appearance yet, polly too busy eating his spoils now.

TheUnfocusedOne

thats clearly not a spearer, you can see the light areas on the flat end of one of his arms. Thats what he uses to smash

i cant tell what species he is right now, but ill get to work on identifying him for you

Unbelievable!! I had TWO Mantis Shrimps in my tank... Yamato took one and today I heard the other one I've always seen ... it's the green one and it was bashing at my rock... that's the one that has been destroying my live rock. It's still doing so... I can tell it has made many holes in my rock to maneuver around....

anyways .. .Yamato do you want it?? LOL.... I don't think this would be as easy to take out though

thats clearly not a spearer, you can see the light areas on the flat end of one of his arms. Thats what he uses to smash

i cant tell what species he is right now, but ill get to work on identifying him for you

TheUnfocusedOne

I wanna say that is either a G. viridis or a N. wennerae but honeslty i cant tell for sure

it looks like a plain old green mantis

ill try to ask doc roy

Hey purpl3g,

We will move it when you upgrade, hey everyone Purpl3g is upgrading to a Cadlight 22G. Let's hope she starts a thread on her new tank!

Thanks unfocus for trying to ID the Mantis. Its has been confirmed. I found my Neon Goby in two pieces at the rear door of Mr.Goggle's den. There were two brittle worms dragging the carcass around.

TheUnfocusedOne
Its has been confirmed. I found my Neon Goby in two pieces at the rear door of Mr.Goggle's den. There were two brittle worms dragging the carcass around.

:tears:

Thanks Deepdvnarq

THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS!

NOW THAT WOULD BE $350............................ JUST JOKING!

THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS!

NOW THAT WOULD BE $350............................ JUST JOKING!

Much deserved words for you.

Now, you can write the check to "Yamato my Roboto"...wait, u want $350? Haha...I'm just playing.

Update on Mr. Goggles, he hasn't come out much at all since digging his little home. He has three entrances to his lair. I may buy a ghost shrimp for him to hunt. What is a good live food that these guys will come out and show his skills for? I guess perhaps Hermits, but they can be expensive at $2 a pop. I haven't seen my scarlet hermit for days, but he went missing before Mr.Goggles went into the Pico. I suspect he climbed out and was gobbled up by my dog (he puked a few nights ago).

Alright everybody,

I present to you:

Mr Goggles in

Ghost Shrimp Platter

Its a short film about a Ghost shrimp finding itself in a new world. He finds the world exotic yet dangerous. Swimming around explore the landscape of rock and sand. Unknown to him that in the darkness lurks a killer so fast that the last thing Ghosty will hear is a click before he knows its too late.

hope you enjoy it. I didn't have time to put a sound track to it. Maybe next time.

PS anybody know how to embed a video?

Hey Nema

Thanks for watching!

Yeah, I got to check out those hermits. I got the ghost shrimps for 25cents each. So they are more cost effective. I wonder how often I need to feed this guy. I also wonder if anyone knows if ghost shrimps have a good nutritional value to them.

it's insane how fast it is.... now you know why i'm so scared of it?

i think you should feed it every other day

Alright everybody,

I present to you:

Mr Goggles in

Ghost Shrimp Platter

Its a short film about a Ghost shrimp finding itself in a new world. He finds the world exotic yet dangerous. Swimming around explore the landscape of rock and sand. Unknown to him that in the darkness lurks a killer so fast that the last thing Ghosty will hear is a click before he knows its too late.

hope you enjoy it. I didn't have time to put a sound track to it. Maybe next time.

PS anybody know how to embed a video?

Archived