Innovative Marine Aquariums

GB: Picotope Lids [Glass or Plexiglass]

Bonsai

Group Buy for Picotope Lids!

I decided to make a new thread for this because the existing Picotope Lid thread is getting rather long. I've been speaking with the glass shop that cuts these, and we will now have two different versions of the lids. The original Glass Version and the newer Plexiglass Version.

PLEASE POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET IN ON THIS GROUP BUY. Let me know which version you want, and how many. Payment is required before I place the order, as they require pre-payment.

This Group Buy is CLOSED.

The difference in the two is rather simple. I've always wanted a Feeding Door on my Picotope Lid, but could never find a great way to accomplish this with the lid. Using 1/4" Plexiglass, we can add a feeding door to the front of the lid.

Plexiglass Lids with feeding door.

picolid01.jpg

lidclosed.jpg

The Plexiglass Lids will be slightly more expensive than the original Glass Lids.

$44.00 Shipped for the Plexiglass Lid

The Glass Lid is the classic Picotope Lid that I've had made for members of nano-reef.com before:

picotopeglasslid03fp5.jpg

These are made from 1/4" Plate Glass. The cost is the same as it's always been for these.

$41.00 Shipped for the Glass Lid

Group Order List

will-i-am - acrylic [Paid]

illjay - acrylic [Paid]

ellio - glass [Paid]

fastandsneaky - glass

GaTechKoko - glass [Paid]

Watts - 2x glass [Paid/Paid]

kate2118 - glass [Paid]

jonathanws - glass [Paid]

Disclaimer: I do not make these lids, I created a template from my own Picotope that my local glass shop uses to create the finished piece. Your Picotope may be slightly different in shape than mine, thus your lid may fit slightly different. The lids are made from 1/4" plate glass or 1/4" plexiglass, depending on which version you choose - and area all done by hand, so each piece is unique. Repeat: These are hand made so that each one is slightly different, and have minor imperfections, but over all they work fantastic and look great. I will package each glass well and ship via USPS - but I cannot be responsible for glass that is broken during shipment (glass versions are sent insured, however. Please realize that GLASS LIDS HAVE BROKE IN SHIPMENT, REGARDLESS OF HOW WELL I PACKAGE THEM. THIS IS A RISK YOU TAKE. IF A LID IS BROKEN IN SHIPMENT, USPS WILL REFUND YOU DIRECTLY AS I WILL INSURE THE GLASS LIDS THAT ARE SENT OUT) .

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm I'll try the plexi glass. Count me in

Thanks - got you down for one Plexiglass lid.

Count me in for the Plexi-Glass~

Marked you down, thanks.

btw it's for the jbj 3gallon picotope right? Just in case other people don't know, and are wondering

btw it's for the jbj 3gallon picotope right? Just in case other people don't know, and are wondering

Good point. These lids are for the 3G JBJ Picotope, as seen here:

picotopeglasslid01es6.jpg

Bonsai, Do you have any pics of the plexi? i'd like to see the differences between the plexi and the regular glass

Bonsai, Do you have any pics of the plexi? i'd like to see the differences between the plexi and the regular glass

The glass shop is cutting the first Plexiglass version - they should have it done tomorrow - I'll snap pics when I get it :)

any pics of the plexi glass lid?

Not yet - I should have some tomorrow. The hinges won't be in until the end of the week most likely, but I'll have pics of the plexiglass with the cutouts, etc.

The prototype Pexiglass Lid is in. I will have the hinge sometime later this week, for now, here is a photo without the hinge.

plexiglasslid.jpg

The lid has a few edges that are rougher than what I had hoped, but it'll certainly do it's job, and I love the addition of the feeding door.

eddiecorrea

Lookin good. Wet sand that bad boy down and all the edges will be perfect.

TheUnfocusedOne

is there anyway i can get another notch put into the side?

ive got an ATO that wouldnt work well with this

Archived