Innovative Marine Aquariums

MGDMIRAGE's 20L

MGDMIRAGE

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awesome! Thanks for the reply, I've been looking for a setup for a refugium this might work for me :)

Np, you can't get much more simple than this. The only difficult thing is finding stands that match up height wise.

i love long tanks.

it really gives an impression that the fishes have so much swimming space.

Yeah i love this 20L tons more than my old 20H it seems way more practical.

Xenia added and an SPS frag.

SDC10822.jpg

SDC10823.jpg

SDC10824.jpg

SDC10827.jpg

SDC10830.jpg

SDC10838.jpg

I'm noticing MUCH better color out of my GSP since moving to this tank and being under T5 lighting. Coralline has started going nuts on my white LR too!

T5's are awesome huh? :) the tanks looking good keep up the good work.

Thank you!

looks great! i wish my gsp looked that healthy. i'm not sure what's wrong with it

Make sure it's in an area of moderate flow and good lighting. Mine took awhile to settle in but now it's going nuts.

After a long fought war i was finally done and decided it was time to finish the battle.. No longer would i let this simple small shrimp get the best of me. He or she would no longer steal my frags and invert them for his or her structural supports! Yep this was the end of the pistol shrimps frag stealing days! I had devised a plan. It was a very cheap plan but with any luck it would work flawlessly. I decided it was time to create a simple little frag rack, and so what follows are the pictures of my simple design and implementation.

First a picture of the ruins that were once well placed frags.

SDC10958.jpg

Now a picture of my simple frag rack!

SDC10957.jpg

Lastly here is a picture of the simple frack loaded up.

SDC10960.jpg

SDC10990.jpg

Nice.. I think the new scape looks really good.. Nice work.

Thanks Quick. Not sure i'll ever truly be satisfied :( This is my favorite so far though.

A couple of pom pom pictures, i like never see this guy unless it's feeding time :(

Which makes it very cool when it finally does pop out to say hey!

His or her pom pom's are getting huge!

SDC11017.jpg

SDC11019.jpg

Added second Koralia 2 yesterday, the flow is pretty nuts my turnover is about 76.5x now(1530gph). I also rescaped yet again I think i have a problem :D I think i need Aqua-scapers anonymous.

Some recent pics and another aquascape :D

Got more frags:1 zoo, 1 paly, 1 green slimer, 1 birds nest, 1 blue clove!, and some monti caps.

SDC11096.jpg

SDC11116.jpg

SDC11103.jpg

SDC11111.jpg

SDC11105.jpg

SDC11109.jpg

the new scape looks great. Kinda has that colum feel to it.

btw, i love koralia's. i have 4 of 'em in my 29g ( (2) k1's & (2) k nanos ) there flow is like WHOA

the new scape looks great. Kinda has that colum feel to it.

btw, i love koralia's. i have 4 of 'em in my 29g ( (2) k1's & (2) k nanos ) there flow is like WHOA

Thanks, I may actually stick with this scape i like it so far. Yeah i like my koralia's, it's pretty turbulent in there now but i didn't want any deadspots.

What a great tank! Love the 20 longs - one of my all time favorites. On your frag rack - what did you use for the legs? Working on a frag tank myself (plan is 36"x12"X12") your rack looks great and I'm thinking that it would give more options on how high you make it.

Can't wait to see this one grow out!

What a great tank! Love the 20 longs - one of my all time favorites. On your frag rack - what did you use for the legs? Working on a frag tank myself (plan is 36"x12"X12") your rack looks great and I'm thinking that it would give more options on how high you make it.

Can't wait to see this one grow out!

Why thank you! I used 3/16" hard airline tubing, it's super cheap like $1.66 for 3 feet(makes 2 or 3 racks) at petsmart. I'm sure most petstores have it too. I used gel superglue to hold them on too... I like it cause it costs almost nothing to make and you don't have to find any magnets :D

• 1 month later...

Added a small sixline wrasse today a fish i've wanted for a VERY long time. Still need to do tons of updates since the crash lost all of what i had up.

I can't believe I missed this (and now I'm glad I turned my 20H into a rimless terrarium ;) ). Nice tank! I love the long tanks and your 'fuge is awesome... I'll be stealing that idea, I want to expand my 10 gallon (you're a genius!).

All of your fuges are amazing, both of your tanks have really cool ones. I like the way you put those montis on that tonga looking rock, when those grow out it will look awesome.

Thanks all, i'll get some new shots soon... totally rescaped, and fuge has better filter hooked up to it now :D Wish the NR crash hadn't wiped out the last huge update i had done! oh wellz.

Archived