Top Shelf Aquatics

Nanoreefnate's 75g Reef-New Video! 2.15.09

nanoreefnate

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nanoreefnate

LOL thanks for the nice comments guys!

kraylen...you got sum AWESOME SPS as well... i must commend you on your SPS colection as well. :happy:

nate dont know if you replace the T5 yet but I change what I told you..

2 ATI blue+, 1 figi purple and 1 GE6500. I took out all my aquablue's they were washing out the colors in the corals.

• 4 weeks later...
nanoreefnate

oh ok cool. thanks for the update DT.

anyways i just got back from Lake Tahoe and seems like my tanks doing ok. special thats to Robert from neptunes for lending me his old chiller for the week. my tank probably wouldn't have survived without it!

i should be able to get some new pix up cuz my brothers back home and now i can use his comp. =P

• 5 weeks later...

WOW ... What a collection of SPS you have there!!! Lucky you to work at a LFS ... so close to all those frags!!!

I would be like ... forget the customers ... I want that one ... and that one ... maybe that one ... you know let's make this easy ... I will take the whole frag tank!

nanoreefnate
WOW ... What a collection of SPS you have there!!! Lucky you to work at a LFS ... so close to all those frags!!!

I would be like ... forget the customers ... I want that one ... and that one ... maybe that one ... you know let's make this easy ... I will take the whole frag tank!

LOL i wish i could but i think he would kinda notice if all of his SPS frags were gone. oh and that pic is out of date. i will take a new pic with my laptop like now since its been so long. AHAHAH

thanks for visiting my thread thoo!

nanoreefnate

NEW PIX! (crappy pix tho)

ok since its been so long. here are some pix of my sps section ( since thats my FAV part =P)

PIX!!!

With Halide

Photo8.jpg

Photo11.jpg

Actinics Only

Photo17.jpg

Photo19.jpg

Theres been A LOT of growth since i have been able to keep my phos down. im now in frag mode so that i can get enought money to get a new skimmer. =P

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

(COPIED FROM MY THREAD AT NORCALREEFCLUB)

EPIC UPDATE!

well. since i haven't updated in forever and i finally got my XSi charged for Photo class i decided to take some pix of my tank. lots of the stuff has grown a MASSIVE amount when i compare it to previous pix of my tank. and this growth has taken place mostly in the last 2 months since my tank has been problem free. also i have taken out my trigger because he was getting pretty big. now hes in a 20g awaiting the upgrade (might stay there for a long time til i get a bigger tank) i have also added 2 fish of which are a Yellowtail Fusiler and a Chalk Basslet which is almost always in his hideout.

Here are the Pix

FTS First. a couple of them.

weird angled shot.

IMG_1957.jpg

Angled shot.

IMG_1912.jpg

SPS Side.

IMG_1915.jpg

Softies/LPS side

IMG_1916.jpg

Tricolor Valida. one of my best pieces. i LOVE this piece and how PURPLE it is. its also grown the most out of all the acros.

IMG_1892.jpg

Teal with Blue tips Stag from Neptunes. another one of my prized pieces. grows fast as well.

IMG_1891.jpg

ORA Blue Vodoo. just found out what it was like 2 weeks ago after a LONG coral pic hunt. ahahah.

IMG_1896.jpg

Gomezi mini colony from neptunes. its really a lot more blue than the pic tells. DARK blue tips.

IMG_1895.jpg

Miyagi Tort that Jose hooked me up with. Hes totally AWESOME. its starting to color back up. the whole center is green with some blueish tips and blue polyps.

IMG_1898.jpg

IMG_1959.jpg

Blue Stag colony that Carson from AC hooked me up with. colored back up about a week after i got it.

IMG_1897.jpg

Craigs Tyree True Undata. its tripled in size since i got it in January.

IMG_1894.jpg

Purple Tabling Acro from Neptunes. Rep Planet right next to it ( also from neptunes)

IMG_1893.jpg

Another Acro from AC

IMG_1960.jpg

Monti Cap. its like quadrupled in size since January.

IMG_1888.jpg

CLAM!

IMG_1890.jpg

Blue Polyp Green Base Noodling Cap.IMO my best Cap.

IMG_1900.jpg

Blue Tipped Tenuis from the BAR swap.

IMG_1901.jpg

Idaho Grape.

IMG_1899.jpg

Blue Tip Green Base Encinata.

IMG_1902.jpg

higher end Zoa Colletion. ( Darth Mauls(alfreds, Alien Eyes, AOG(both of the latter Marios)

IMG_1906.jpg

Other mid end Zoas

IMG_1905.jpg

Acans

IMG_1907.jpg

Nem.

IMG_1908.jpg

Fuge.

IMG_1952.jpg

IMG_1955.jpg

Future frag tank (connected to main system)

IMG_1956.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed! (fish pix to follow)

tighhhhht, i need joog on some frags.

since you really like your valida, i have a tri-color one also. pretty nice frag i can throw you.

LOL thanks Jason.

lol wut else you got on frags man? hit me up later.

oh snap let me get in this!!! Met jason 2 weeks ago real coo kat! what frags are you gonna have nate? maybe me n jay can swing thru? and how is the 14k phoenix? picking mine up soon and wanting to kno how its doing

oh snap let me get in this!!! Met jason 2 weeks ago real coo kat! what frags are you gonna have nate? maybe me n jay can swing thru? and how is the 14k phoenix? picking mine up soon and wanting to kno how its doing

hey. you should come to the NCRC Swap on Oct 10th at Aquatic Collection in hayward. it'll be real fun with lost of coral and prices and FOOD. =) also you should join the NCRC forum (linky in my sig)

Nice livestock nanoreefnate! I like your acros and monti's! Very nice! Wish I could get some of those for my new tank! heheh!

Thanks shandy! what kinda tank you have?

Right now Im in the process of upgrading my tank to a 30x30x18 70gal tank. Currently also running a standard 20gal Long tank which contains mostly zoas, rics, and a couple of LPS. Hoping to go SPS dominated when I finish my new tank. :D Just a few more weeks and will be able to start cycling already!

AWESOMENESS. get at least some MH lighting on ur 70g! you wont regret it! trust me. you will be able to keep anything with good water quality. good luck with your tank build! oh yeah and post a journal of it here on NR!

AWESOMENESS. get at least some MH lighting on ur 70g! you wont regret it! trust me. you will be able to keep anything with good water quality. good luck with your tank build! oh yeah and post a journal of it here on NR!

Already started a thread here! I think you already posted something on my thread! heheh! Anyway, already going MH on the new tank. 20K 250W SE MH with Lumenbright Reflector is my lighting choice! heheh!

OMG. thats like my dream reflector right there! lol i need to get a better lighting system. :lol:

Go get one! I think you already have a beautiful tank but giving it more light might make it even better eheh! Read up on a lot of articles on it and the lumenbrights concentrate the light more plus placing the lighting higher reduces the amount of heat in the tank! Those 2 reasons are precisely why I chose that reflector! heheh!

Archived