• Last Reply
nanoreefnate

new video is up. :D

cant give you a direct link ATM cuz im at school but what you can do is go to;

www.youtube.com/TheNate4b ;)

hope yall enjoy it ( wow that sounded rednecky... :haha: :haha: :haha: )\

Best Wishes! :D

• 2 weeks later...

hey the tanks doing ok. got some nitrate problems ATM. -_- tryina get em down with WC's

anyways yeah i am using the MP40 and just discovered that theres a problem with mine. im thinking there's a defect in the way mine was manufactured because impeller keeps stalling even though i switched it out. tied cleaning it out and ATM its doing ok with the MP20's older impeller. probably using lower quality materials. better watch out because ive had this for 6 months and im pretty sure the warranty is over. oh yeah and let me mention that ive never dropped the MP40 pump but i have dropped the MP20 like 4 times so what can that say? <_<

fishez4alivin

Nate, take it apart and vinegar bathe it for a couple hours. The coraline algae can get on the bushing, causing the propeller to lock up. Basically the plastic bushing has some growth on it and needs to be cleaned. I just did this on Monday, but instead of vinegar, I go for the 15 minute bleaching, then scrape the stuff off. Then I rinse in hot water for 15 minutes and stick it back in the tank...good as new. It's best to disassemble the pump and thoroughly clean it. You should have posted a question at NCRC, and you would have had it answered in less than 1/2 a day ;)B)

BTW, how come you always hang over here now?

Thanks for the info but already did it on both about 3 weeks ago along with cleaning my frag racks and protein skimmer pump. trouble only started like 3 days ago when the MP40 just started stalling and when i put it back on it would make weird noises and the flow would be less than normal at some points. almost like reefcrest with a huge amount of noise. when my dad took apart the whole thing it seemed fine but the wet-side component in question also did the same thing when i switched it to my MP20. thank god i have another vortech. now im getting another wet-side from Neptunes.

as for hangin out. i can only post here at school...LOL

anyways real deal is seems to me NCRC's kinda dead. idk tho i just like NR a bit more i guess.

anyways real deal is seems to me NCRC's kinda dead. idk tho i just like NR a bit more i guess.

Yeah, NCRC doesn't seem to be all that active, but it does wake up a bit right before a swap meet :)

hey the tanks doing ok. got some nitrate problems ATM. -_- tryina get em down with WC's

anyways yeah i am using the MP40 and just discovered that theres a problem with mine. im thinking there's a defect in the way mine was manufactured because impeller keeps stalling even though i switched it out. tied cleaning it out and ATM its doing ok with the MP20's older impeller. probably using lower quality materials. better watch out because ive had this for 6 months and im pretty sure the warranty is over. oh yeah and let me mention that ive never dropped the MP40 pump but i have dropped the MP20 like 4 times so what can that say? <_<

Hmm....was planning to get one shipped from the US. Makes me think twice about getting one cause getting it serviced would be a major problem. Thanks for the heads up!

Any new pics of the tank?

Yeah, NCRC doesn't seem to be all that active, but it does wake up a bit right before a swap meet :)

LOL yeah. i agreee ;)

Hmm....was planning to get one shipped from the US. Makes me think twice about getting one cause getting it serviced would be a major problem. Thanks for the heads up!

Any new pics of the tank?

YW. :D

Maybe tomorrow. idk tho.

PS. i hate my combo of sickness and insomnia..THIS SUX! -_-

fishez4alivin

Why don't you make it more active by posting, not like you will meet anyone here like you would locally...unless you want to be more anonymous with the reef community.

Why don't you make it more active by posting, not like you will meet anyone here like you would locally...unless you want to be more anonymous with the reef community.

lol not like people reply to my post over there anyways. :mellow:

EDIT. and when they do its usually to flame or joke or make fun of me. -_-

EDIT2. id rather be in a friendly-er place and be anonomys than be recognized for being flamed. ;)

(which is the exact reason i changed schools)

well looky at what i did to my tank today before i did another waterchange.

Now if you ever wanted to know what it looks like to combine oyster feast, DT's phyto, Coral Frenzy, and Arcti-Pods all into one feeding, this is what is looks like. :haha:

IMG_5799.jpg

IMG_5800.jpg

IMG_5794.jpg

kinda scary though huh? :eek::unsure:

remeber now never try this unless you doing a massive water change right after. ;)

BEST WISHES!

Militant Jurist

WeID.jpg

This Public Service Announcement has been brought to you by the Barrel O' Monkeys and your local broadcasting stations.

:lol:

Archived