Top Shelf Aquatics

CADLIGHTS 12G

reeftankguy

Reeftankguy,

I love the tank! rock work and LED lighting is fantastic!

I noticed you have an MP10, what percentage do you think you have it set at and what mode do you use?

I have an MP10 in my CAD 12 and i think its set at about 35% right now with reef crest. I used to have it at around 50% but i just put a ric in and he didnt seem very happy with all the flow.

again great setup!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reeftankguy,

I love the tank! rock work and LED lighting is fantastic!

I noticed you have an MP10, what percentage do you think you have it set at and what mode do you use?

I have an MP10 in my CAD 12 and i think its set at about 35% right now with reef crest. I used to have it at around 50% but i just put a ric in and he didnt seem very happy with all the flow.

again great setup!

Thanks for the applause baylisc!

I run my MP10 - "Short Pulse Mode" @ 60% / 40%

Just an FYI... When I first started in this mode the sand was everywhere... Left it running and let it move the sand till it calmed down by its self, thus giving the sand bed the look it has now (a gradual incline from left to right (.5" left up to 3" on the right) as you can see in my last FTS...

Thanks again!

Reeftankguy - awesome tank! You've done a really nice job, I really like it.

Do you feel like the gaps for the glass top provide adequate gas exchange with the top on the tank?

Do you see much condensation on the bottom side of the glass?

I'm thinking about starting one of these tanks and I don't want any fish jumping out of the tank, but I'm somewhat concerned about those two issues. Interested to hear your thoughts...

Reeftankguy - awesome tank! You've done a really nice job, I really like it.

Do you feel like the gaps for the glass top provide adequate gas exchange with the top on the tank?

Do you see much condensation on the bottom side of the glass?

I'm thinking about starting one of these tanks and I don't want any fish jumping out of the tank, but I'm somewhat concerned about those two issues. Interested to hear your thoughts...

Thanks for the compliments ClearBlue!

The condensation is minimal and the LED Fixture keeps the lid dry, and as far as gas exchange I'm sure there is enough going on... The glass lid sits on the rails (all 4 corners) and provides a 3/8" gap all the way around the top rim of the tank... The MP10 creates enough surface agitation to provide adequate gas exchange i'm sure...

Thanks!

nice tank......

leds', corals, rockwerk..... all are great.

Thanks Pismo!

Your tank is pretty Sweet also!

Jon...

I bet those led's are gawdawful bright irl....

Well... At first yes... I had them dialed down... Now they are running at MAX output and I have gotten used to the look... Now when I dial them down the tank just doesnt look right...

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick FTS...

Take notice that since adding LED's, Switching to Ocean Pro Mag+ salt mixed with Distilled H2O

and adding a MP10 that I have never had any problem algaes or Nitrates...

The clam looks bleached out in the pic but it isnt...

He does react to the flash which is why its closed up a little..

FTS121609.jpg

Just a quick FTS...

Take notice that since adding LED's, Switching to Ocean Pro Mag+ salt mixed with Distilled H2O

and adding a MP10 that I have never had any problem algaes or Nitrates...

The clam looks bleached out in the pic but it isnt...

He does react to the flash which is why its closed up a little..

FTS121609.jpg

I have LEDs, use H2Ocean and have an mp10 and I too have no nitrates or algae issues.

What are you doing to get photos that don't look funny?

I keep looking for the acan but I can't find it... :huh:

That deal fell through, it was a WYSIWYG on a website, and it let me place the order and later on they came back in an email and appolgised and said it was already sold :rolleyes: Offered another one instead, I told them I didnt want the other one, I wanted that one!

What are you doing to get photos that don't look funny?

Its a cheap Kodak Z-740... I use it on auto and turn the flash off and turn the Lights off in the room...

• 2 weeks later...
So are you gonna, like, put some livestock in there at some point ? ;)

Hmmm... There is live stock in there some where... 2 Zoa colonies, 3 (2-5 polyp) zoa frags, GTD Clam, over 10 red and white baby feather dusters, 2 small emeralds, 2 hermits, over 30 various snails, Bi-Color Blenny, Black Osc. Clown and more pod's than I care to have...

But unlike everyone else on here I see with problems who add to much to soon... I add very slowly... I have never had any nuisance algae’s, crashes etc… In a year it will be a garden of corals...

For "The" perfect "Reef" I am very patient! ;)

Nano sapiens

"So are you gonna, like, put some livestock in there at some point ? ;) "

Just had to chuckle at this one...

Taking it slow stocking the tank is the way to go, so a big 'thumbs up' on your patience. We are all trying to keep a mini-eco system stable and adding too much livestock all at once can result in a world of hurt.

I'm a big fan of getting small frags for small systems and letting the corals grow in naturally to suit the space.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope the move went well! For both you, and the tank.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the tank at it's new location.

And most of all, welcome to Sh*tport! We don't call it that for nothin'.

Hope the move went well! For both you, and the tank.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the tank at it's new location.

And most of all, welcome to Sh*tport! We don't call it that for nothin'.

Huh ? Thought you lived in Texas? The move went well... Just finished up today... I don't see what the big deal is... Tear down, 1 hour drive, set it up... No problemo B)

I will get pics up soon...

Huh ? Thought you lived in Texas? The move went well... Just finished up today... I don't see what the big deal is... Tear down, 1 hour drive, set it up... No problemo B)

I will get pics up soon...

It's very habitual that I type in Texas. I'm from there, but currently reside in Shreveport.

It's very habitual that I type in Texas. I'm from there, but currently reside in Shreveport.

Cool that your close by then... Maybe we can meet up some time, would like to see your LED build in person...

Here are pics of the tank in its new home. New stand and I tried to get my scape back to the way it was...

8.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

9.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

And this is "Dozer" If he didnt keep my sand bed turned over really good he would be history because he knock over rock and Frags...

6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Added another new tank buddy... A SpotTail Blenny purchased from N-R Member Spencer...

Thanks Dude!

SpottheBlenny.jpg

Great to see the little fella found a good home :)

How's that enormous hermit crab working out for you? I used to have the Hawaiian 'Holloween' hermits and they were so active that they'd knock frags off the rocks.

Nice clams. How are they doing under the LEDs?

Archived