inTank Media Baskets

CADLIGHTS 12G

reeftankguy

I noticed you stated you place the media rack in Chamber 1. May I ask what you include in that rack? Also, what do you currently have in chamber 2?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I noticed you stated you place the media rack in Chamber 1. May I ask what you include in that rack? Also, what do you currently have in chamber 2?

I have a bag of chemIpure Elite, Purigen, with floss on top, middle chamber are where the heater and Rails for the Tunze ato are...

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to see if I can make a similar media rack. I guess you could also put some chaeto in chamber 2 additionally if you wanted correct?

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to see if I can make a similar media rack. I guess you could also put some chaeto in chamber 2 additionally if you wanted correct?

Yes you could... I Never had a need for it though...

I was wondering where you get the egg crate pieces to make the media basket?

Lowes in the Drop Ceiling section...

• 2 weeks later...
hey, i love your tank and i am strongly considering downgrading to it from my 27g. I just want to know how you feel about the tank?

I really like it... I had a Nanocube before this one and there is no comparing the two... No heat issues is what I like about it, that and it's a Rimless beauty!

I'm planning on getting another one for frags... You cant go wrong with a CAD ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Great looking tank!

Just curious... did you add any lights for moonlight/nighttime?

No I don't need them... RB's on 1 hr before CW's, RB's still on 1 hr after CW's go out... Dawn to dusk effect is in play...

Latest FTS... Not much but this is what it looks like when I run the LEDS at 50% CW, 30% RB...

This tank is 6 months old... I have added the live stock at a slow pace and have never had 1 problem,

No GHA, Cyno Etc etc... I use only distilled water and do 4 gallon WC every week...

FTS-102809.jpg

The newest addition to my CAD 12G... 2" Gold Teardrop Maxima... It opened up right away... Pic is after acclimation and being in the tank 20 minutes... This pic doesnt do this beauty any justice!

My2inchGoldTeardropMaxima.jpg

I give "Pacific East Aquaculture" 2 thumbs up for Quality, Packing and Shipping, Healthy arrival and overall great customer service!

V20O2227202205920Ultra20Teardrop20M.jpg

This is their (PEA) WYSIWYG Pic...

WOW! That is one awesome looking clam! If that pic doesnt do it justice then I would love to see a more accurate one lol. I love the pattern.

Thanks Opy... The pic sucked becuase I just have a Kodak Z740...

I have been following your tank thread and think it is great also... ;) Keep up the good work~

Thanks! I was tempted to get a clam but I was too scared. Now I dont have any room lol. Now you guys are making me want to start another tank lol.

Thanks! I was tempted to get a clam but I was too scared. Now I dont have any room lol. Now you guys are making me want to start another tank lol.

No room? I'm sure you have a rock with some space to place one on... Dont be scared... Just do it! ;)

Very nice looking clam.

Thanxs Weet! It has been 6 days and she is still lovin her environment...

I placed her on the live rock mid way and she moved down to the sand bed... LED's are to strong maybe!

Thanxs Weet! It has been 6 days and she is still lovin her environment...

I placed her on the live rock mid way and she moved down to the sand bed... LED's are to strong maybe!

The clam 'up-n-moved'? Maybe rolled down...

Beautiful pattern on that clam. Hope it doesn't grow too fast on you or it'll need a bigger tank soon :)

The clam 'up-n-moved'? Maybe rolled down...

Beautiful pattern on that clam. Hope it doesn't grow too fast on you or it'll need a bigger tank soon :)

I dont think so... It attached to the rock the second day... When I got back home Monday it was on the sand bed... I guess it could have said " I'm moving " and tumbled down... It's attached to something in the sand bed now cause I tried to move it and it is snug...

As for a bigger tank...I already have one... Oceanic 55 gal, 10gal Sump, Skimmer (Just needs a DYI LED System and a MP40)... It was my FOWLR 10 years ago... When I get settled I plan on setting it back up...

• 2 weeks later...
It could be attached to the glass now.

It was attached to some of the LR rubble I put down before the sand when I first set up the tank...

I was able to dig it out (Clam and rock) and placed it back where I wanted it... It hasnt moved since and

is doing great under the LED's :D

Just read through your thread (and the Ultimate LED guide)... Lots of good info. Tank looks wonderful!

If my stock lighting setup ever breaks (brittle cadlights legs) or if I want more output, I'm definitely going this route.

Archived